Ebay strike !

-
Thats very noble of you John. I'm not using them for a week because I'm broke.(at least thats what my warden says, and she holds all the cards)
Actually, I'm not using them because Adam said not to, and He has the power to delete my opinions.

It is a screwed up deal. When I got my Cuda it was missing alot of parts and alot of others needed replacing. I searched all the board ads I could find but finding 68 Cuda parts isn't easy. I found alot more on E-bay and out of approx. 175 sales i only had one guy get me by claiming his part was near NOS and it wasn't even close but at least it was usable. I checked his FB and every neg. he had he gave one in return so I was affraid to give him a neg. cause I wanted a clean record myself. I also sold alot of stuff on E-bay and all but one sale went smooth. I sold one new part and when the guy got it he said it was used and he had a buddy's word to prove it and if I didn't give him half the money back he'd give me a neg. Again I wanted to keep a clean record so I gave him half the money back ($50 IIRC). E-bay has it's good points and it's bad and the fb system is a bad one. But it looks like their changes aren't going to help much. Tips the scale to far toward the buyer's side.

Damraider, I just noticed your avatar. I'm willing to send whatever it takes to get you to see a dentist ASAP!!! :wink:

Thanks, I laugh like heck everytime I see that photo !!

Also, you don't have to use Paypal as a seller, but it is alot cheaper then CC over the phone and faster then check / MO. If you use the balance as a credit card ( gas, grocery, whatnot ) they credit back 1.5 % , that makes it a total of .75 %. Visa takes 4% and adds a monthly fee.

I'll pass this on to my forum Adam. Thanks for the info.

If you don't like it, put up with it or leave. If enough leave indefinitely, that’ll trigger change.

Nobody cares if you don’t buy/sell on certain days… Except you.

Is Yahoo auctions still around?

I don't believe this will really do anything, as if people see something they want/need on there they will bid. I will be selling parts on there as usual, got 3 cars I am parting out and parts have to go.

Seems to me this is another case of people being over charged for a service.
The cable tv and cell phone service providers did invest in wires and towers.
Ebay takes advantage of internet service we are already paying for. They haven't provided squat other than their web servers.

This thread reminds me of how we're all going to not buy gas on certain days to boycott prices....

If I stumle across a big ticket item I can flip to the wolves on e-Bay I'll do it. Yeah...yeah... ya gotta pay more. What else is new? Once they got you by the b*lls...your heart & mind will follow.

I have been too busy for any E-bay selling lately, so I will definately not list any thing before or during that week.

I am pretty ticked off about the feedback thing, I have had to leave negative FB on a few @#$holes over the last 10 years (joined ebay in January 1998) and really do not understand what the sense of that change is??

Bob

I'm in, I sell parts and cars on the side to help with my car projects, but as of recent, fees will be too high not to obsorb into the auctions price. Seriously, they are way to high. I think I',m gonna go ovrt to that one site that is run by Mopar Collectors Guide.

Remember if you do nothing on ebay, then it doing nothing to promote them too.

i bought a car on ebay for 10000, the next day pay pal put a restriction on my account, it took tree weeks to get it straight.i had 100 percent feed back,now i have a bunch of slow pay cuz i had to go get bank checks for the auctions i won.some of the items wouldnt accept anything but pay pal.

Guys, Whats it hurt to try it ? If it doesnt help, it doesnt help. But its worth a shot.

I agree with migsBIG, go to www.bidmopar.com and start listing on there. MoPar stuff for MoPar guys, not beanie babies and all the other horse ****. The only problem I have now is...I can't find stuff for my 55 Dodge anywhere local and have had a hard time around the country, same when I had my 62 Valiant. Ebay is jumping the gun I believe with what they are doing.......but I also found alot of parts I could find no where else. What's a poor boy to do???

Where are you going to get that kind of exposure for so little ? I sell all over the world and for 4 years it has been great for me.

Exactly! I do eBay full time, and I get a lot more for most parts on there then I ever would at a swap meet! The problem I had with selling on web boards is guys saying yes I want the parts, and then I NEVER get the payment. At least on eBay I get paid about 98% of the time. I don't really like the fees being raised, but they are all tax deductable for me. They keep raising swap meet spot prices every year too, the Nationals is over $100.00 a spot now!!

I also sell on ebay, and they already get enough of my money, so I don't like the higher final value fees. I do like the lower listing fees, and don't forget the free gallery pic, which imo gets more looks at auctions. I supposed these will help offset some of the final value fees.

The feedback changes just plain suck. This was their checks and balance, and now there's no recourse for sellers, if you have a bad transaction. I think this will be detrimentel to ebay, and the selling community, as a whole.

I don't think it'll make any difference, but I'll stay off "the bag" too, just for the principle of it. Tim

WOW!! This is on quite a few forums. A lot of buzz is definitely going around. Count me in I can stay away for a week!

eBay prices are up - OMG!

More news at 11:00....

Tell me another another product or service that hasn't undergone price increases recently?

Oil company profits skyrocket - OMG!

Then look at the industry sector stats, showing oil companies in the lower 30th percentile. 70% of other economic sectors including heathcare and many others had greater profit margins last year.

Why are oil company profits going up so fast, regardless of their relative comparison to the economy as a whole? Because more and more people are driving more vehicles, including gas guzzlers. The trucking industry and airlines are moving record quantities of cargo and people. Record oil company profits - big freakin' surprise.

Why are eBay prices (and profits, I'm sure) going up? because it provides a valuable service more and more people are using. They will charge whatever the market will support. Good luck.

I'm in, I'm already limiting my purchases from ebay and trying to deal locally if possible. I don't want to make that woman any richer anyway. And the shipping pretty much takes the bargain out of it alot of times.

I received that notice and the way I read it was that the fees were going down and the gallery was now going to be free.

You can't leave negative feedback of a buyer if they pay. You can only leave negative feedback for non-payment.

I am going to re-read it just incase I read it wrong.

Chuck

I mis-read the feedback portion, buyers can only receive positive feedback.

The rest is right though they are lowering the listing fees, final value fees and making the gallery free.

I think this is the PERFECT time to help support www.bidmopar.com, the website Mopar Collector's Guide has up to give Mopar people a place to do business without all the hassles of Ebay.

It hasn't been getting a whole lot of traffic in the past, simply because most people still find the checks and balances of Ebay's feedback system somewhat comforting, and the fact that sometimes there just isn't a whole lot of items listed up. But with all the new rules and such that Ebay is coming out with, maybe it might be a good time to give bidmopar another look. And bidmopar does have their own internal feedback system as well.

I think it'd be a good thing to help support our fellow Moparites who are trying to do something good for the rest of us. I know Rob Wolfe has been working on getting more traffic to the site and he has also been tweaking the features to better accomodate the buyers and sellers. He is also open to suggestions from people on what they want to see and what features would make the site as user friendly as possible. My hat's off to Rob and his staff for at least trying to give us all an alternative.

I,m gonna go 1 step farther . I,m taking a month to see if anything changes!

They are using the ebay boycott as a teaser for our late local news tonight. I had pretty much forgot about it until I saw the comercials for our news. My daughter was looking for some stuff and was commenting how a lot of items didn't have bids on them. I'm not going to let her buy anything though, I'm real curious to see what come out of this????

I've been pretty supportive and haven't listed a thing, but to honest, I did bid on something. I would have held my guns, but I have been looking for that part for 15 years and never found it so cheap, so I hit the buy-it-now. I feel guilty, but I needed that part. I will be listing less from now on, pretty much peoed with them.

-
Back