Erson Cams Quality Discussion

-
[ame="www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXHmam5_HD8"]Erson Cams Custom Grinding a Small Block Chevy Roller Cam - YouTube[/ame]
Sorry this isn't of a Chrysler cam, but we wanted to let you all see some of the manufacturing process in a custom ground Erson cam. Hope you enjoy. All feedback will be appreciated. Hoping to have one of a Hemi cam shortly.
Thanks
Russ

If anyone is interested in downloading a PDF of the full Erson catalog, our profile contains a link to download under home page.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z202qLgEr-s"]Erson Cams Custom Grinding a Small Block Chevy Roller Cam - YouTube[/ame]
Hey, just checking in. If anybody needs anything, please let us know.
Thanks
Russ

Hey, just checking to see if everyone's doing okay. Thanks again for your feedback. If you guys have any questions, I'm still checking the thread.
Thanks
Russ

I think your doing a good job and headed in the right direction
by making yourself available and talking directly with your clientele.
You took a big chance exposing yourself on here, I salute you!
Heres your reward.

Attachments

• 4c13d7d1925978c23293c287ae45c1b4_l.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 314
Cool video, Russ. Just curious, where do yalls cores come from?

Im not sure how i missed this thread as i was the one you called! Im glad to see you guys are getting "motivated" again!

I ordered a cam back in 09 for my slant motor from John, we talked a couple of times before we decided on specs. cam came with springs, 140 shipped as i recall. And what got me is it was at my door in two weeks. That cam is still in my 3200lbs slant car and its down to a 14.25 and can go faster!

The bad, as said it has the "old" lazy ramps, with 246* or duration at .050 and 282 Adv .465 after lash is pretty sad. As a cam grinder its your guys responsibility to know the engine your grinding cams for. It is well known the slants have a 1.4 rocker ratio, and the cams need to be ground and advertised accordingly.

Here is my 68. this is a easy 10:1 motor, runs on pump 91, and 101 leaded at the track, i was able to get 20mpg on a drive back and forth to vegas @ 65mph and 3000rpm (3.91 gear and 27" tire).

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJ92UCIjtfc"]First Dart Vid With New GoPro Black!! - YouTube[/ame]

Looking for feedback on Erson Cams. I'm hoping to get some insight into your experiences with the quality, precision, time it takes to receive a cam from Erson, and contacting sales and technical assistance. Good, bad, or indifferent.

Way back in the early 90's, I had a '65 Mustang with a 302 (yeah, not stock obviously) and I installed an Erson TQ30H cam, lifter, and spring kit. It was a great cam. Plenty of torque, even for a 302. It had a nice idle too. Mellow, like you can tell it's cammed but it wasn't obnoxious. Gas mileage wasn't too bad if I remember right. I bought it at Super Shops in Costa Mesa, CA way back when.

It was on a "stock" rebuilt engine with a performer RPM intake and a Carter 4 bbl carb. The advertised duration was a bit crazy at 310*, but the duration at .050" was quite tame at 226* in/ex.

Cool video, Russ. Just curious, where do yalls cores come from?
We get cores from several different vendors. Most of our roller cores come from Callies. The Callie cores, so far, have the highest c-scale rockwell at 62 and I prefer that core. We have 3-piece cores from Camshaft Machine for a lot of the street cars that don't want to run a bronze gear. We also get cores from Engine Power, mainly for our cast and SADI stuff. We do have some Callies 3-piece cores. We trying to expand our inventory in the Callies 3-piece cores, as those have the same 62 c-scale rockwell hardness. Working on a few more videos that will be a little bit shorter and hopefully informational for everybody.. Thanks for checking us out.
Thanks
Russ

Im not sure how i missed this thread as i was the one you called! Im glad to see you guys are getting "motivated" again!

I ordered a cam back in 09 for my slant motor from John, we talked a couple of times before we decided on specs. cam came with springs, 140 shipped as i recall. And what got me is it was at my door in two weeks. That cam is still in my 3200lbs slant car and its down to a 14.25 and can go faster!

The bad, as said it has the "old" lazy ramps, with 246* or duration at .050 and 282 Adv .465 after lash is pretty sad. As a cam grinder its your guys responsibility to know the engine your grinding cams for. It is well known the slants have a 1.4 rocker ratio, and the cams need to be ground and advertised accordingly.

Here is my 68. this is a easy 10:1 motor, runs on pump 91, and 101 leaded at the track, i was able to get 20mpg on a drive back and forth to vegas @ 65mph and 3000rpm (3.91 gear and 27" tire).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJ92UCIjtfc

We have more aggressive profiles with more lift. If you would like to get something a little more aggressive ground up or with a little more lift, we would be glad to make that for you. You would need to speak with Eric or Ryan. If you would like their contact information, PM me and I'll get that to you. Thanks for checking us out.
Russ

http://www.youtube.com/user/ErsonCamshafts

We get cores from several different vendors. Most of our roller cores come from Callies. The Callie cores, so far, have the highest c-scale rockwell at 62 and I prefer that core. We have 3-piece cores from Camshaft Machine for a lot of the street cars that don't want to run a bronze gear. We also get cores from Engine Power, mainly for our cast and SADI stuff. We do have some Callies 3-piece cores. We trying to expand our inventory in the Callies 3-piece cores, as those have the same 62 c-scale rockwell hardness. Working on a few more videos that will be a little bit shorter and hopefully informational for everybody.. Thanks for checking us out.
Thanks
Russ

Thanks. Like I said, so far, my only recommendation would be to offer more lines for other makes, similar to what you do for Chevys. Looking through your catalog, there's not enough (hardly any) split pattern grinds for Mopars in comparison to what you have available for Chevys. I know there will always be more available for other makes, but the difference is astounding. I think yall are on the right track to stage a great comeback though. Keep it up. I hope it pans out.

Thanks for your feedback. I'm going to tell our marketing department when they make our new catalog that they need to offer a much larger variety of cam combinations in other manufacturers than small block chevys. We have hundreds of prints for combinations and other manufacturers, but none of these had ever been published in our catalog. I'll try and get some of them published this year.
Thanks
Russ

Hope everybody had a great weekend racing. Just letting you know we're still checking the forum. If anyone has any problems or complaints with anything, let me know.
Thanks
Russ

If anybody's in town for the Street Rod Nationals, I'd like to invite you to stop by the shop anytime from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM. I'd be glad to show you around Erson Cams, introduce you to the guys who grind your cams, and you can check out how a Berco grinder works in person. 8000 Old 3rd Street Rd, Louisville, KY 40214.
Thanks
Russ

Just checking in, if anyone needs anything please let us know. If you have any problems or complaints, please let us know.
Thanks
Russ

Anything new, in hydraulic roller Mopar grinds? With Magnums, and now late model Hemi's, it's a small but growing market.

Thanks for your feedback. I'm going to tell our marketing department when they make our new catalog that they need to offer a much larger variety of cam combinations in other manufacturers than small block chevys. We have hundreds of prints for combinations and other manufacturers, but none of these had ever been published in our catalog. I'll try and get some of them published this year.
Thanks
Russ

You need to make all of your specs available so we can run them in our desktop dynos to compare to other choices.

Without specs, some people may not even consider you if they can't compare them to others....

is Erson planning on any Bigblock cams.
We have a full line of big block cams. They may not be in our catalog. If you want to shoot me a private message I can put you in contact with our salesman, or if you would like in that message I can send you our profile masters and we can put those on any big block core you like. If there's anything else I can help you with, please let me know.
Thanks
Russ

-
Back