Exhaust Manifolds

-
I know what you're saying and actually dollar for dollar the 360 is the way for me to go. I do know where there are a couple of 360's. The 360 would make for cheap reliable power and torque.
Buy a car to put it in.

Generally peak torque for the average street guy is 0.9 to 1.27 lbs-ft per cid, can go as 1.67 for a max effort race engine, most are lucky to get over 1.3, and for engine were talking about might get 1.15 to a high of 1.2 lbs-ft per cid.

So a 318 will make a peak tq of 280 to 380 (stock to fairly modded) lbs-ft and a 360, 330 to 430 (stock to fairly modded) lbs-ft as you see a modded 318 is a like a stock 360 under 3500-4000 rpms, you need rpm to overcome the difference with about 600 to 800 rpms more from stall to shift points, or during cruising geared to spin 600-800 rpm more at any given road speed.

Last edited:
What would I want with that clunker? Was you thinking of buying it for yourself?
thats-the-joke-ranier-wolfcastle.gif

how about this one then?

If I had the money I would buy that green clunker and drop it off at Jerry Bickle race cars, his shop isn't that far from me. And have them make a tube chassis car out of it.

That's a real cream puff.
It's a good conidate for a tube chassis car with a reinforced ford 9" with a custom 4 link suspension, blown 408 stroker and a air shift transmission. 8 or 10 point roll cage with a funny car cage for the driver. A friend of mine did his firebirds cage like that and it was awesome

If I had the money I would buy that green clunker and drop it off at Jerry Bickle race cars, his shop isn't that far from me. And have them make a tube chassis car out of it.
Sure you would. Got that brown Duster bought yet?

i know you said no manual trans, and you despise green... but this is all you amigo!

and the price is right!

[/URL]
That's not a horse, that's a pony. Don't get Dan started with this car. It's a whole new ball game with this car. A manual, yes, an 833, No. How do I install a 318 in this can or shorten an 8 3/4 rear to fit. What tires will fit without tubbing and suggested air pressure? Can the green be painted over and how much will it cost? Another 8 pages of ???????

That's not a horse, that's a pony. Don't get Dan started with this car. It's a whole new ball game with this car. A manual, yes, an 833, No. How do I install a 318 in this can or shorten an 8 3/4 rear to fit. What tires will fit without tubbing and suggested air pressure? Can the green be painted over and how much will it cost? Another 8 pages of ???????
Take a deep breath, now relax and chill out

And I don't think Dan needs a project especially a Arrow. (unless he wants to cruise at 35 mpg) Wouldn't that be cool to cruise into a Mopar show in your perfect unrestored Arrow. Hey, I might be onto something.

As much fun as it has been, you are on ignore.
Unless you buy a car and that won't happen.
Why it takes time to contact the owner.
Let me guess
Native American, you have to cut a tree down. Wait for wood to cure. Build a fire and send smoke signals.
As good as any of the other stories you gave thus far...

As much fun as it has been, you are on ignore.
Unless you buy a car and that won't happen.
Why it takes time to contact the owner.
Let me guess
Native American, you have to cut a tree down. Wait for wood to cure. Build a fire and send smoke signals.
As good as any of the other stories you gave thus far...
don't forget: weave a blanket, raise a cow as an offering, learn Portuguese, solve a rubix cube...

-
Back