F**K YOU TAIWANESE/CHINESE MADE JUNK

-
This thermostat is not that type, taking a smidge off the edge will be fine. Also I may cut the recess a little bit bigger which is not a hard job to do, but it so sure does suck when I have to fix new parts.

Maybe with lots of RTV lol. It's really bad, that why I'm replacing it.

Edelbrock 2176 Performer, there is no recess.

It's just about too small.

Summit and whoever is the lowest bidder for Summit.
By the look of it, the t-stat fits down into the recess in the housing. That is not an issue, just stick the gasket to the t-stat housing. I put just a very thin smear of silicone on the manifold side of the gasket. In my experience it is easier to scrape off next time while aiding sealing any irregularities now.

I bought one from BILLET SPECIALTIES USA made quality piece. Buy one and don't look back (it also uses an o ring instead of a gasket no leaks or seeps)

I specifically held on to a chain hoist instruction manual from a past job, because the Engrish was so bad.

It literally has a card you filled out 'for warranty'. With no address to mail it to.

I specifically held on to a chain hoist instruction manual from a past job, because the Engrish was so bad.

It literally has a card you filled out 'for warranty'. With no address to mail it to.
:rofl:

always seems to be some sort of fabrication work these days OR at the least you have to eyeball everything as it goes together if you miss one little thing could be catastrophic...

My $300 TTI head pipes required denting just to get the hardware in. We live in a post industrialized society, no body wants to work, let alone work hard. Good enough is the new quality control.

My $300 TTI head pipes required denting just to get the hardware in. We live in a post industrialized society, no body wants to work, let alone work hard. Good enough is the new quality control.
I think you are being too kind, lol. It's lower than good enough.

Things in this thread are exactly why i sourced all my parts for my last engine job from places like eBay, forum classified (like this one) sent my original cam to Oregon to be remade into what I wanted it to be, and some from rock auto. All 30+ year old stock. Went together fine, no problems with the engine or the job. Nothing from China either.

On kind of a similar vibe this one should rattle all the veterans on here.
My dad served in Korea. On the US side of course.
The Korean war was obviously before my time and I don't know what led up to it but they did something to piss us off. Or there wouldn't have been a Korean war.
Anyway fast forward to last week, went up north to mow my mom's and mother in laws yard, and got up behind a Kia SUV of some sort, at a stop sign. Exact model don't matter. Don't care. Wouldn't take one even if for free
Kia turned left, I went straight.
But there was a bumper sticker on this Kia that set me off. It said "Proud daughter of a Korean war vet". I didn't see the driver but apparently they don't know what K I A stands for... "Korean international automotive".
So she's proud of her dad for serving in that war... But she's driving a Korean made POS, dumped here, anyway.
I'm trying to figure out if either;
A) Driver doesn't know that KIA is a Korean made vehicle, or
B) Her dad served in the Korean war but he served on the other side AGAINST US!

This "made in China" is an extremely sore spot for me. I can't be the only one that is pissed off at there being so little choice BUT to buy products made there.

When they had their "dumpings" of drums and rotors here I left many behind on parts counters and went down the road and bought US or Canadian made ones. I wish we still had that choice

Truth is they want us to give up no more old cars ...its an uphill battle restoring one now finacially...you ar eliterally better off buying one already done or over 80% done...

So she's proud of her dad for serving in that war... But she's driving a Korean made POS, dumped here, anyway
We were helping them fight against Communism there bud.
Same with Vietnam. Buying South Korean stuff is no worse than buying Japanese or German stuff. We should be buying nothing from Communist Countries. :mad:

We were helping them fight against Communism there bud.
Same with Vietnam. Buying South Korean stuff is no worse than buying Japanese or German stuff. We should be buying nothing from Communist Countries. :mad:
Yes. When I read his repsonce I was thinking same things.
We were there helping keep the North out the South. We also recycled lots if WW2 stuff and bought tons more. War is big $ and lots of $ to be made.
I have quite a few rounds of things (guns/ammo/ ect.) from the CMP.
Just like Nam (ect) should have said its all out war or not gotten involved. I will leave it at that.

This "made in China" is an extremely sore spot for me. I can't be the only one that is pissed off at there being so little choice BUT to buy products made there.

When they had their "dumpings" of drums and rotors here I left many behind on parts counters and went down the road and bought US or Canadian made ones. I wish we still had that choice
It gets sore for me too sometimes. The choices of buying parts made anywhere but China, Taiwan or Vietnam or what mass produces junk for cheap has been very difficult to do. Multiple times I have got Chinese brake and other parts because I had no other choice, the job needed to get done. I really don't like using Chinese brake parts, but we have gotten to the point where we rely on the junk sold from our vendors just so we can keep making money.

Most of the time we don't fall for the trap, we are forced into it.

I don't know about north vs south, that vehicle is still Korean.
And to say that you're proud somebody served in a war against them and then to display that sticker on a car from that country just ran me the wrong way. The only way it made sense is if the person who served served against us.

I don't know about north vs south, that vehicle is still Korean.
And to say that you're proud somebody served in a war against them and then to display that sticker on a car from that country just ran me the wrong way. The only way it made sense is if the person who served served against us.
South Korean army and people fought with the USA agaist the North.
Her dad was fighting for/with them.
Not the same country. Google is your friend.

South Korean army and people fought with the USA agaist the North.
Her dad was fighting for/with them.
Not the same country. Google is your friend.
4th grade Social/History studies is also your friend, lol. How do people not know the difference between the two countries.

4th grade was what 48 years ago, something like that. Definitely don't remember much about Korea being talked about, I remember more math and reading studies from around then than anything else. Maybe your school was different

Unlike North Korea, Japan, Germany, and Communist China, the USA has never been enemies with and never been in a shooting war with South Korea.

-
Back