• Cheddar..mild

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • Cheddar...medium

Votes: 19 17.4%
  • Havarti

Votes: 11 10.1%

• Total voters
-
certified cheese nut here - example A. - my mom gave me a 1lb chunk of cheddar for my first birthday. Love a good sharp cheddar - best is extra sharp Vermont white cheddar, Pepper Jack, dilled Havarti.. - there are a bunch of specialty cheeses out there that are fun to try too... I always come home with something neat to try when we find a store with specialty cheeses.. I want to vote, I really do - but the dang thing will only allow one vote!! LOL

The Cracker Barrel Extra Sharp I like. I ordered aged cheddar from Wisconsin. I did the 16 year old, pretty expensive. Crumbled and almost crunchy, good tho.

Going to town to pick up cheese today. We are running low...going to be busy tomorrow. Ribs in the Reverse Flow, a Dutch oven full of beans in one Egg and cheese in another...I am getting to the point where even after a shower I smell like smoke...

certified cheese nut here - example A. - my mom gave me a 1lb chunk of cheddar for my first birthday. Love a good sharp cheddar - best is extra sharp Vermont white cheddar, Pepper Jack, dilled Havarti.. - there are a bunch of specialty cheeses out there that are fun to try too... I always come home with something neat to try when we find a store with specialty cheeses.. I want to vote, I really do - but the dang thing will only allow one vote!! LOL

Ever try Grafton? Made in Vermont where we go for thanksgiving week.
Cabot is good too, great for baked mac and cheese.

I forgot more about cheese than any of yall amateurs will ever know. I pay 2k dollars a pound for the finest cheese in the world and if you don't you're morons. If you don't smoke cheese like I do, you aint crap. I have tested every kind of cheese known to man and I know what's best. If you want to pay me, I will send you the results. heh

the facts are like this. the more expensive the cheese, the harder it is the MILK that particular critter.??? take sheep cheese. have ya ever tried to milk a sheep??????? little biddy bag and tits. takes very small and nimble hands!???? ya gotta sit on a very small stool, small bucket?????

and then it gets more expensive as the breed of sheep gets more rare ( kinda like mopars, rare!)..... but very tasty cheese ( even without smoke)>....LOL

the facts are like this. the more expensive the cheese, the harder it is the MILK that particular critter.??? take sheep cheese. have ya ever tried to milk a sheep??????? little biddy bag and tits. takes very small and nimble hands!???? ya gotta sit on a very small stool, small bucket?????

and then it gets more expensive as the breed of sheep gets more rare ( kinda like mopars, rare!)..... but very tasty cheese ( even without smoke)>....LOL

Mouse cheese ?!? Now that's rare! Try milkin one of those suckers ..... :D LOL

I forgot more about cheese than any of yall amateurs will ever know. I pay 2k dollars a pound for the finest cheese in the world and if you don't you're morons. If you don't smoke cheese like I do, you aint crap. I have tested every kind of cheese known to man and I know what's best. If you want to pay me, I will send you the results. heh
some kind of Parmesan ?

what kind of smoker do you use? I have been interested in building a smoker, or maybe smoke hut with a separate fire pit. the kinds i have used have had the fire connected and you end up grilling and smoking but not truly smoking, cheese would never make it lol

what kind of smoker do you use? I have been interested in building a smoker, or maybe smoke hut with a separate fire pit. the kinds i have used have had the fire connected and you end up grilling and smoking but not truly smoking, cheese would never make it lol

Depends. I have smoked cheese in my Reverse Flow and also one of my Big Green Eggs. Either way I use a smoke generator that burns pellets....
http://www.amazenproducts.com/product_p/amnps5x8.htm..
If you just want to cold smoke, cheese, Bacon etc you don't need nothing but a cardboard box and the above-mentioned gizmo. Just Google cold smoking with a cardboard box.
I spend quite a bit of time at....

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5

and
http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/

both of these sites are fill of very knowledgeable, helpful bbq junkies. If you are interested in building a smoker of any kind you may want to spend some time at them...that is how I figured out how to build my Reverse Flow.
Sorry about the sideways picture

Attachments

• 20160318_105317.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 66
Most white cheeses. The only yellow one I really like is AMERICAN.

-
Back