Feather Duster Dart Lite Thread

-
Here is a picture of my old Spirit of 76 Dart Lite
Dartlite.jpg

Ford Ranger wheels on that one. Cool car though.

those wheels look WAY HORRIBLE

Thank you.The guy I bought it from in Vegas said they were custom wheels that he paid 600 bux for hahahah I said is that why they say ford on the center caps? He quickly realized that I knew my stuff. He was asking 3,500,and I bought it for 700.I showed up with a trailer and 700 cash,he said no way so I left and he called me 1 min later and said ok. When I got the car home I had to remove the seat to open the trunk. When I did I found a black zippered bag with little spoons,razor blades,and three little brown glass vials full of white powder.

So the PO was a real have-a-coke-and-a-smile kind of guy, eh?

Yes sir, I believe he was hahahaha. Actually I think it was the guy he bought it from,since they guy didnt have a trunk key,and said that he bought it without one. It had to be a few hundred dollars worth of "stuff" so I imagine that whoever put that stuff back there would have wanted it before I got it and flushed it down the toilet. :blob:

I got both the Duster and Dart sales folders years ago. This is what I pulled out of those pubs.

Information on the "Feather Duster" and Dart "Lite"

From the 1976 Plymouth Duster and Valiant Sales Brochure.

"Feather Duster Fuel Economy Package includes lightweight aluminum components at points such as intake manifold, hood inner panel, and deck inner panel. Engine modifications and economy minded axle ratios help give you improved mileage."

Listed in the table of Options.
"Feather Duster Fuel Economy Package", Optional on Duster, Not Available on Valiant or Scamp models.

No pictures of trim or decal placement are in the brochure.
There is a statement on the back to the effect that Official EPA test results were not available at the publication date of this brochure. A supplement list was to be inserted.

The Feather Duster could conceivably be ordered along with all other options subject to normal ordering procedures.
This brochure printed 9-1-75.

From the 1976 Dodge Dart sales brochure.

In the Dart Option section:

"DART "LITE" FUEL ECONOMY PACKAGE (Dart Sport): Lightweight aluminum components . Intake manifold. Bumper reinforcements. Hood inner panel. Deck inner panel. Engine revisions for increased fuel economy. Fuel economy axle ratio and exhaust system (2.94-ratio axle w/3-speed manual or 4-speed overdrive transmission). Carpets. Additional lightweight components to improve fuel economy."

"OVERDRIVE DECOR PACKAGE (Dart Sport with "Lite" Fuel Economy Package): Trunk mat and spare tire cover. Bumper fillers. Wheelhouse deadener. Wheel-lip mouldings."
No pictures of trim or decal placement are in the brochure.

There is a statement on the back to the effect that Official EPA test results were not available at the publication date of this brochure. A supplement list was to be inserted.
The Dodge Dart Lite could conceivably be ordered along with all other options subject to normal ordering procedures.

This brochure printed 9/75.

yes I just wrote a thread asking about this car . I just found 1 in northern wisc.and wondered if it was worth looking into or if some 1 else would like some info . I"ve have seen a feather Duster , but I have never seen a Duster lite or the spirit of 76.
its True they do exist . what is it worth tho??? pm me let me know aluiminum frame and frame to make the cars lighter during the gas crunch in the 70"s Or do you throw them in the pile with the vega"s, Pinto"s ford fairmonts ,and the fish bowls??

Fuggit. Build a 318 feather duster/Dart Lite and see what kind of mileage you can pull.

About 6 years ago there was a 318 auto Feather duster for sale by here. I wanted it but was in the middle of my Barracuda build so I passed. Also I thought the auto was what was dumb on the feather duster package. You think a 318 defeats the purpose of good gas mileage, the auto without overdrive would be a much bigger hit then the 318. I didn't look that car over enough to see if it was all factory. I'd say the feather duster part was definitely factory but maybe the 318 wasn't. It had been in there a long time if it wasn't as this car hadn't moved in since probably the 80's.
I'd say the Feather Duster was just another package that could be added.

To resurrect an old, but interesting thread...

Anyone know, as stated in the brochure above, what "additional components to improve fuel economy" would be?

I wouldn't mind owning either version of these innovative cars.

I had an original Feather Duster about 6-7 years ago. /6 auto. No rust, run, drive anywhere. No one wanted it. I traded it to a bud for a 65 Cuda project. He sold it a year later, probably took that long to move it. But everything is selling for more $$, many A bodies now that are just pos.
i have seen Hang10s and Spirit of America optioned Dusters.

-
Back