Fighting sore back once again

-
no happy ending

1721942960807.gif

Loosing weight helps with back pain! Hmmm...

I guess I could loose some weight. My lower back is a problem sometimes with the narrowed disks and a pinched nerve sometimes. I thought I was too young to have these problems, but apparently it happens to people much younger and in better shape than me. I'm sure if I can take off 35 or 40 lbs I would feel much better.

Mine is upper back , near my clavicle ..My muscles in my back are most of the issue currently , they are very agitated and inflamed from the past few weeks of cleaning up after the flood not enough water intake and not enough rest ..

I will calmly make it thru Friday at work then rest Saturday and Sunday and hopefully it calms down

too soon to celebrate but, went to back cracker today , 1st chance I had .. he worked me over and we believe the rib went back into place , I'm feeling pretty good currently very sore and tender but, hopeful he got me straighten out

My last visit to Chiropractor 7-24 , and I again do believe the main source of my issues, was a dislocated rib .. all that pain is gone

I went to massage therapist 7-25 and she really worked me over , it was painful at times but, I think she had to (left bruises)

Last Friday night about 1am had a muscle spasm in my back , its similar to a leg cramp .. took two hours to calm it down and more or less been doing good since

I went in again yesterday for another massage , I'd guess I'm 80-85% now , feels good to be able to function without pain

On a sidebar

You stick your debit card in her little gadget and it asks you to approve a tip , guess that's where we are headed now, .. you just are expected to add 10-15% to every bill
t

My back gives me fits almost every day. I can no longer work on my feet for (good day) about 1 1/2--2 hrs, to (bad day) 1/2 hour. When I did the Dodge Ram 4WD conversion, I constantly had to say, "OK, let's go rest" and just go in and flop in the big chair. It is worse this year

This weekend I tore myself up. Got the engine, on the stand, for the Dart out of the shed. There's an 8ft hinged door meeting a "walk in" door, and there's little room to negotiate. The tractor is right up near/ rubbing the big door, coming in from a 45 or more. I managed to catch part of the engine stand on the door, and lifted it right out of the hinge pins. So THEN I got to spend from about 3PM Sat to 8PM on and off, trying to get the door back on it's hinges. I did not want to leave it, because I can not close up the shed. Been "taking it easy" Sun/Mon/Tues and finally today I feel some better.

"No Country for Old Men" I am 76

I will NOT be doin this agin'!!

This was two years ago, last of Aug --end of Nov

img_3591cs-jpg.jpg

The silly pose is because I had 10 seconds to get from the tripod to "there"

img_3585cs-jpg.jpg

Last edited:
I was out doing yard work 2 Fridays ago... kicking a shovel and knocked my pelvis over an inch and 4 vertebrae above that turned the direction of my pelvis.
My chiropractor was impressed that I made it 2 weeks before It hurt and made me crawl out of the bushes lol.
I was just trimming my rose's.
Last time my back got truly screwed up was because I sneezed laying in bed.
I luckily got it fixed pretty good yesterday and had a follow up today and he was surprised how well it responded.

@Big Dad, I am sorry you are having back problems. I see you mentioned chiropractors several times. Have you been to an MD?

Should also look for an acupuncture place in your area. The community ones are a few people in recliners chilling with micro needles. They are usually on a sliding pay scale, about 40 per session. This can help a lot along with the mentioned things above.

Not my back but elbow tendonitis is back
There are days I don't need any Aleve, etc and other days where 6 of em barely takes the edge off.

My wife and I use a therapeutic rub called Unkers. The guy that helped me build my shop turned me me on to it years ago. The stuff really helps.

32A891CB-5191-46F7-AD5E-5AB47F3FD9CC.jpeg

When I was younger I worked in a parts store uptown, old guy came hobbling in telling me how bad his back was hurting. Thought to myself it can’t be that bad, few years later I was in the same boat, definitely feel for ya!

-
Back