Finally the 66 Dart is here!!

-
We didn,t blast the trunk,we had replaced a 1/4 panel with trunk extension(left part of trunk at the seam)I,ve also done a minitub,so yes sealer was removed at the time of doing the work.I replaced the sealer when I was done and will do it again before paint.You should leave yours in to keep the factory look.If not,scrape it out,then reseal.

Thank - you.

We will just touch up the sealer with sandpaper so the paint will stick.

ian :)

Just got caught up on your build, lookin' good bro!!! That wiring looks scary, not my strong point...
GH,the harness is custom made(Mopar)for my 66 Dart.It come with wires labelled and Mopar plugs,so should be fairly simple.Wiring isn,t my strong point either,but will have a friend helping hopefully get this wired.If not,I,ll get it done myself with help from the supplier.Like I said it,s been custom made for all my electrical needs(no more manual pumps)relays and all.:cheers:

You're doing everything right thats the main part, will be a super sweet dart when you get it finished, sure would look wicked with a straight axle.... I'm never gonna stop ridein' you about the straight axle I guess you realize that by now.. You got that cuda to work on, petty blue look finished, era correct dart gasser would be fun as hell... 8)

This car has ported eddlebrocks doesnt it? I think thats what I remembered reading. And have you ever weighed it? I know you said it should be around 3300.

Well I went and picked the car up on sunday,still lots of work to do.Ughh!I will primer underhood,engine bay,door jams and the trunk.(Not done yet??)I,ll then try my best to paint these areas and put the car 1/2 back together to get out racing.I,ll get the car painted this winter.Here we go..

Scott what kind of primer is on the rest of the car? Good luck bud bummer deal.. You can do the jams and the bay.. Heck I did mine and it didnt come out too bad for a noob.

Scott what kind of primer is on the rest of the car? Good luck bud bummer deal.. You can do the jams and the bay.. Heck I did mine and it didnt come out too bad for a noob.
It,s epoxy 2 plus 1.I,ll get it done in the next couple days(holidays)then toss the engine/tranny back in.I think my rewiring the car will be my biggest task.I,m hoping it,s a breeze.:hello2:

Heck go ahead and shoot the body color on the bay. when I did mine I went epoxy, 2k then color.. Not to bad for a noob then when you go to do the car you wont have to pull everything again. I shot mine epoxy then went back over with 2k... sanded and painted color 2 coats of Petty Blue. I used the HF cup gun and it worked pretty good.. Sure its not a binks but it does the job.

I was just telling him how I did it and got decent results. He isn't a body man which is why he hired you to do the car. Scotts my friend and its pretty sad to see this happen to such a nice person who would give the shirt off his back to help someone. For him to wait 6 months for his car to get done is obsurd. He has every right to be upset. Scott you can do this bud heck 10 footer results are easy and besides whos going to get that close when your running 10's besides all there going to focus on is that chrome Dana cover while they watch you pull away.

Glad ya got it home Scott, too bad it wasnt a couple weeks ago I coulda helped you. Now Im super busy with 2 pt jobs. Get at 'er

Well here we go eh !!! I'm not getting into a pissing match.
All the areas that had no primer were going to get a wet on wet with epoxy!!
I can go on but i won't.
I,m not getting into a pissing match either,but when you asked for money to pay your bills I oblidged.You did agree to do the body/paint for said amount and have complete by May1/11.I know I kept my end of the bargain.You didn,t.PERIOD.Good luck with your new job.

Anyway,on to my progress to get this car ready to race.I went to work lastnight and booked the next 4 days off to get cracking on finishing primer and get some paint under the hood and engine bay, re-wiring the car,installing engine/tranny.I,m also swapping over to electric waterpump,electric fuelpump.I,m gonna pull a Waggin(Curtis)and go non-stop til done.Todays work..
View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 289.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 290.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 292.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 293.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 294.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 297.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 296.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 300.jpg

Looks great Scott! (and a big star for painting the radiator support black)[the way it should be]
She will look as good as it runs when you're done. Mike

Looks Great and what color blue is it?
We are all cheering you on...You can do it !!!
TXDart

-
Back