Finals tomorrow...help me study

-
Heres one i remembered being asked, how would you set up a front end alignment for a crowned road? as most roads are crowned for water drainage.uuuummmm how about tire pressures? what are wear pattern indications of a low tire or a too much air in a tire? or tire wear patterns? such as feathering, inside or outside excessively worn or tire out of round? i need to do some more thinking

crowned road- preferred method is to set pass side caster 1/4"-1/2" more positive. secondary possibility is setting camber a little more positive on the drivers side
low tire- wear on the outer edges
too much air- wear on the center
feathering-edges pointing in=too much toe in, edges pointing out=too much toe out
inside or outside excessively worn= incorrect camber, if both=dynamic imbalance
tire oor=static imbalance

???Crap I deleted it. anyway another hint IRS stands for what? (This is the setups for Corvettes, Vipers, Ferrais, Lambos, (New) Camaro and Challenger).

Yes. the setup is changed but replace the leaf spring to what? (Hint C***-O***) I've done this swap on my friends vette, he loves the change.

How about shocks? like how to troubleshoot a bad shock? or shock types? and what types of springs? do you have to know CGH? center gravity heights? how to trouble shoot a worn tie rod or ball joint? how bout u-joints?

How about shocks? like how to troubleshoot a bad shock? or shock types? and what types of springs? do you have to know CGH? center gravity heights? how to trouble shoot a worn tie rod or ball joint? how bout u-joints?

shock types.... air shock, gas shock, coil over, load levelers, and variable damping
troubleshooting shocks..... visual inspection, bounce on car and road test, then can try feeling for heat on end of shock
don't know about center gravity heights......
troubleshooting tie-rod or ball joint...... wiggle it, just a little bit :p
if its a load bearing ball joint remove the load first
u-joints were powertrain class :)

ok, im quitting for the night, but Im going to need to review in the AM so keep em coming :)

and thank you all soooooo much!!!!!! this is so much better than me just reading and re-reading you guys are awesome!!!!!

I wanted to thank you guys again for helping me study. Had my lab final today and I got 2 wrong, but wound up with a 99% overall for my lab grade :)

I wanted to thank you guys again for helping me study. Had my lab final today and I got 2 wrong, but wound up with a 99% overall for my lab grade :)

Good Job!!!!

Don't forget what I PM'ed ya about the flintstone mobile, that should help ya ace the finals tomorrow.....

lol greenhornet!!! im sure it'll be the first question ;)

Cheatham... I messed up IDing a SLA suspension with torsion bar of all things. It had a massive shock that I mistook for a strut. The other I missed was I mixed caster trail and scrub radius and called it caster radius..... Stupid stuff lol

-
Back