For the W5 lovers

-
My neighbor has a 1971 Buick GS 455 stage 1. You are correct it is "One bad mutha!" It sounds so good too.. brutal would describe it :thumbsup:

LMAO!!!

I’ll say this about the big block Buick, that can be “One bad mutha!”
a perfectly reasonable vehicle for a totally responsible 17 yr old.

i blew up the motor jamming on the freeway at 4am christmas eve-- nylon tooth chain jumped time and there was a "logistics" issue. threw two caps thru the oil pan, one stayed in and snapped two rods.

scored a replacement from the pull your part out of a 71 rivvy and plopped that in with a crower RV cam, had the heads done with a pocket port.

it was a stout piece, even in a giant *** car. it'd boil the tires off the rims if you didn't let off and you could get 2nd gear scratch bump shifting it on the column.

Harland Sharp has the W2 - W5 rocker system you need also. They've had that stuff for years. Give them a call. They always seemed to be a bit lower priced than Jesel or T&D.

YEP! Econo W2 (pictured) or race stand W2/5 available.

image.jpg

I wish that they would come out with a awesome cylinder head for the 318's for the street. Edelbrock has a cylinder head for the small bore small block chevy. This new high performance cylinder head is going to create a demand for it and a street 318 would do the same
Don't forget the Magnum heads. They flowed better out of the box than the older heads. A simple 'bowl port' with the addition of the 2.02 (or 2.05) intakes should do the trick. Gasket match your intake and you should be in business. This swap has been around for awhile. Nothing a decent mechanic can't do. You can use the EQ rocker stud kit with the 3/8 studs ( EQ-GPK4) and use Chevy rocker arms if you wish. You also get a 1.6 rocker arm ratio if you wish also. I grew up doing everything on the cheap ( if there is such a thing ). Hope this helps.

Don't forget the Magnum heads. They flowed better out of the box than the older heads. A simple 'bowl port' with the addition of the 2.02 (or 2.05) intakes should do the trick. Gasket match your intake and you should be in business. This swap has been around for awhile. Nothing a decent mechanic can't do. You can use the EQ rocker stud kit with the 3/8 studs ( EQ-GPK4) and use Chevy rocker arms if you wish. You also get a 1.6 rocker arm ratio if you wish also. I grew up doing everything on the cheap ( if there is such a thing ). Hope this helps.

I hear ya there! Empty pockets trying to go fast.

It's a good looking car too. Kind of like a Oldsmobile 442 and a Chevelle love child. :thumbsup:

Just curious but how does a post about Mopar W5 heads get turned into a an Oldsmobile, Buick, Chevy post. Cheese n rice learn how to start your own damn posts guys.

Just curious but how does a post about Mopar W5 heads get turned into a an Oldsmobile, Buick, Chevy post. Cheese n rice learn how to start your own damn posts guys.
Silly me .... and here I thought this was an A body website ??? Thanks for bringing that up Pitt. racer.

Silly me .... and here I thought this was an A body website ??? Thanks for bringing that up Pitt. racer.

It happens all the time and it’s usually the same guys. To lazy or lack the ability to start a post so they step all over someone else’s posts with their GM crap.

W-5 stuff is way cool.

I’ve got a NOS intake for one.

IMG_7213.jpeg

Last edited:
Here’s a pair.
Coming soon, but not soon enough for me.
:rofl:

image.jpg

It helps, thanks. What about the cracking issue with the magnum heads? Hopefully,

Who gave me the red X when I mentioned about looking at a couple of cars in Illinois? You have no idea when or where or what I'll be going to look at. This has been rough trying to find a decent car. I don't think that I'm being to picky about what I want, main reason why I don't want a car that needs body work is because I can't weld and I can't afford to have it done. I don't mind if a car needs some TLC. I've been given leads from here and some had manual transmission and I can't have that because of my left hip. And a couple didn't have ac, one problem with that is the crankshaft pulley and idler pulley are very hard to find and they are expensive. I never did find a crank pulley for a sbm for ac.

Who gave me the red X when I mentioned about looking at a couple of cars in Illinois? You have no idea when or where or what I'll be going to look at. This has been rough trying to find a decent car. I don't think that I'm being to picky about what I want, main reason why I don't want a car that needs body work is because I can't weld and I can't afford to have it done. I don't mind if a car needs some TLC. I've been given leads from here and some had manual transmission and I can't have that because of my left hip. And a couple didn't have ac, one problem with that is the crankshaft pulley and idler pulley are very hard to find and they are expensive. I never did find a crank pulley for a sbm for ac.

Get aftermarket pulleys.

I may have one.

I may have one.
I understand. It's just that I think that I've been given them just for the heck of it. I know that I don't know everything and I'm trying not to sound as so,but I know that I've been given the x just on when I've given my opinion. Just because one doesn't always agree with the other makes either one wrong or right. Most of my knowledge has come from reading, talking to others, working on my own cars and other people's vehicles. I'm learning though

Press the red X and find out who left it behind.

Better yet, laugh it off and not give a flying F.

I had a couple of guys give me a little help and a pile of **** served on a golden platter for my accidental Red X. I just laughed and never gave a ****.

That’s why I don’t give two craps or care beyond much of anything since it’s mostly a name I never seen before and if it is a name I know…… then that’s OK, I still don’t care.

Let’s say I get into it with new bomb… he red d’s me, IDGAF and we move along…. NEXT!!!!!

It’s all good here as far as I’m concerned.

-
Back