For Ugly Mopars Only

-
I don't mind most of the K-Cars. As a matter of fact, many of them are developing a following. Especially models with woodgrain (as fake as it looked then and now), convertibles, wagons, and the sportier versions such as the GLHS, GLH, 024 (very rare now), 2.2, and Laser. There is, however, one K-Car that is so unforgiveabley ugly, you may want to shield your eyes....

The 1990 Chrysler Imperial...:sad5:

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:1990-1993_Chrysler_Imperial_.jpg

Not a bad looking car Robert. Although not a Mopar............this is ugly!

Attachments

• 2001-Pontiac-Aztek.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 2,894
Not a bad looking car Robert. Although not a Mopar............this is ugly!

The Aztek will probably go down in history as the ugliest car, knocking the Edsel out of the top spot.

As for the Dodge Monaco/Eagle Premier/whatever else they were badged as, to me, it's not "ugly" as in the car itself, it's that the area was the '90's and everyone was on the "aerodynamic" push. Low hood lines, rounded edges, etc. This car, being boxy, didn't represent the "best" of the era, especially considering it was basically a re-badged Renault.

a re-badged Renault. I thought that look was familiar! lol

1956 Dodge

Kind of like the 'Ugly Kardashian',,,,,,,,,a beast

56_Dodge_Custom_Royal_Lancer_DV_05_bth_05.jpg

The k-cars definitely served their purpose. Get people from point A to B economically, and it the most boring way possible. I remember ours used to "diesel" for 5-30 seconds after you shut if off. You'd close the doors, lock it up, and be walking away from it and sometimes it'd still be sputtering. It had the 2.2L.

We called it the Batmobile

That is awesome!
I'd have to do something with the front wheels/tires but I can see it with dark tinted windows, and amber halo headlights.
Can you imagine that thing rumbling around on a dark, foggy Halloween night with open headers? Even Christine would run away.

The odd thing is that the young generation really liked it when it came out...surprised the heck out of me !

And then they grew up, realized how ugly it is, and traded 'em all in for the Buick Rendezvous. Same car, just a lot better looking.

The Aztek probably wouldn't have been so ugly if it weren't for all the plastic cladding. The newer Avalanches are a lot better looking without it, too, when compared to the first ones.

Hey c'mon, for all you blokes calling the little K cars ugly
What the hell is this - THIS IS UGLYYYYYY !

I found it one Epay tonight and I freaked - had to race back to FABO and show it.

What was the designer/stylist thinking ... or smoking???????? :hello2:

We were very lucky Downunder, we didn't get these. :thumblef:

THANK GOODNESS :prayer:

Attachments

• $(KGrHqZHJ!wFBtR+el75BR,,FiWw9!~~60_3.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 2,786
  • $T2eC16dHJIYE9qUcO3l2BR,,FnLtIg~~60_14.JPG
    1.9 KB · Views: 2,801
  • $T2eC16hHJIIE9qTYM,6wBR,b6gH7-Q~~60_14.JPG
    2.1 KB · Views: 2,790
My parents drove a Plymouth sun dance when I was born, think it was an 89 model of I wasn't on my phone I'd post a pic of one but look it up. They are ugly as sin but I'd like to have one just because it was the first mopar I ever rode in... At like 3 days old haha

yes, mopar has made some ugly cars, recently too.
the Jeep compass comes to mind right away! It's just a smaller Aztec.
You should see all of the Gee Whiz crap Mopar was pushing to accessorize these things with. Tents, beds, coolers, all sorts of crap.

Attachments

• Jeep-Compass_2007_800x600_wallpaper_02.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 2,762
Well, with respect to that Cordoba, you have to remember that things like stacked rectangular headlights and opera windows (showing my age by knowing what those are...) are things that were immensely popular back then in the late 70's! I actually think these cars aren't too terribly ugly. Check out this '79 Chrysler 300 and then check out the competition from Chebby from that same year.....that monte carlo is stone puke.

1979chrysler300limitededition.jpg

1979_monte_carlo_estate_car_a_true_granny_s_car_30787641.jpg

OOOOHHHHHH!!!

38951334001_large.jpg

I didn't think the Cordobas were particularly ugly. It's just that NObody has ever figured out what "Corinthian leather" actually IS. There is no animal named a "Corinthia" so how can there BE "Corinthian leather?"

or could there?

3197009903_e97b11f0a1.jpg

oldtan1.jpg

and yes...............

demotivational-poster-o2e672itix-RICH-CORINTHIAN-LEATHER.jpg

But I digress. Now THIS is one FUGLY Cordoba............(A hint..........when your neighbor walks by and says, "boy that's quite a car you have there" .........it's not usually a compliment on your good taste, "rich interior" or no.

title.jpg

1.jpg

-
Back