FRAUD ALERT. Let me give you a warning.

-
FABO and date written in grease/paint marker on part.
RustyRatRod gave me a heads up on this this morning. That first Pic is my 8.75 rear out in my shop.
Maybe if We start putting our phone #s on our pics we get little more intrest !! I guess they can screenshot anything on the net. Buyer beware !

Or we could all use the feedback system already in place. Also most all of us have been here long enough to recognize each other. I try to leave as much feedback as I can so I know who I have delt with in the past.

I’m on board with whatever is needed to help the situation. I’ve done tons of online deals when it comes to guitars and amps and mostly have had a good experience. There’s always shady characters out there though…

What some people do that I’ve noticed.. say I’m selling some old slot mags on here for $400 shipped.. some yay hoo that comes across on here takes my photos, marks the price up $200 bucks.. and becomes the middle man and makes $200 off it.. nothing illegal about that but, buy the parts first.. have them in your possession, then try to sell.. be smart about it. Stealing photos without ownership is pretty chicken sh*t..

Since the gubment is dipping into people’s PP/online payments now for taxes, people wanna use other methods that don’t affect a person’s income tax wise. It’s made the online thing a bit of a breeding ground for shady people to take advantage

Something as mentioned previously, having some sort of ID with the photos would be at least a good first step..

Late to this post and I don't condone this type of thing but he may have just used it as a generic illustration.
Has anybody lost any money ?

Since acquiring my 68 Dart GT, I decided to step back from it for a lil bit. I play for my own enjoyment anyhow, figured I’d venture down this road for a while but I’ll be back
Good plan. I've got a pile of them here as well. Gave it a break for a while but a sweet deal on a nice Gibson acoustic got me back on the band wagon......Can't believe where the prices have gone since 2017 when I stepped back.

BTW...In 2017 I cleared out some of my collection to build my '71 Demon.....Big mistake!

-
Back