Free marriage advice

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score

IMG_4628.jpeg

Not married to this one but y'all should have heard the spat of her trying to use to small of compression fittings on the swamp cooler she'd been working on in the heat yesterday.

I have yet to ask WTF did you open up for anyway. You'll need to winterize soon lol.

My wife got too old for doing much of anything and caught that couch-potato fever. I'm just watching the hands of time transform her into her mother. It ain't pretty. I tried to warn her 17 years ago. Fat lot of good that did me.
But, yano, I got her a couple of dogs an I ain't walking them for her. It's painful to watch.

Years ago this guy called in asking what size electric motor he needed to replace the engine on his rototiller. I asked him why he wanted to do that. He said his wife couldn’t get the engine started.

I bought a Toro timesaver zero turn a few years ago and my significant other of 26 years said it looked like fun and had me teach her how to run it. I went inside and got a cold beer and set up my lawn chair. I told her to mow the pasture until she got the hang of it. The ground is a little bumpy back there and she has a pretty nice pair of hats. So I watched her make a few rounds and went in and got another beer. She came up to the patio and asked me if I should take over. I'm like no you are doing an excellent job for the first time on a zero turn. She got about halfway back to the mower turned around and came back where I was watching. She took my beer and said you are an *** hole I see what you're up to. She smiled, guzzled my beer and went in the house. She has never got on the mower again...LOL

My wife got too old for doing much of anything and caught that couch-potato fever. I'm just watching the hands of time transform her into her mother. It ain't pretty. I tried to warn her 17 years ago. Fat lot of good that did me.
But, yano, I got her a couple of dogs an I ain't walking them for her. It's painful to watch.
I got on mine recently about staying active and dieting but I know what you mean about getting old...exercising just hurts after a while...:)

I bought a Toro timesaver zero turn a few years ago and my significant other of 26 years said it looked like fun and had me teach her how to run it. I went inside and got a cold beer and set up my lawn chair. I told her to mow the pasture until she got the hang of it. The ground is a little bumpy back there and she has a pretty nice pair of hats. So I watched her make a few rounds and went in and got another beer. She came up to the patio and asked me if I should take over. I'm like no you are doing an excellent job for the first time on a zero turn. She got about halfway back to the mower turned around and came back where I was watching. She took my beer and said you are an *** hole I see what you're up to. She smiled, guzzled my beer and went in the house. She has never got on the mower again...LOL
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I woke up this morning having slept six hours straight thru, on my right side. That's a miracle by itself. But man 8 hours later and my right hip still hurts, lol. Ya think I gotta start setting the alarm to wake me, so as I can roll over? Criminy, I'm only 71!

A pretty nice pair of "hats" lmao :thumbsup:

I think most of those women who mow lawns have dead husbands!
My wife also says she enjoys it. But she sure as hell doesn't enjoy weed wiping, cleaning the flower beds, raking the leaves, just riding on the lawnmower. Guess who does all the other stuff. lol.

pervert!
You know, I wouldn't say it to your face but I like them hats in the wind too, just thinking about them, my wife's hats I mean. And, to think, I tell her every day; but, no matter how often I tell her, I'm still the pervert. Daym woman, I was born like this, you knew it before we got married, and you were fine with it then! What the heck?
Here's what I shouldda done;

A radio station here had a 'Buy & sell' segment where listeners could advertise for free.

One guy phoned up with this advert: ' Cheap Encyclopaedias, wife knows everything...'

I outsourced the lawncare to my oldest last year

(My kids dont get an allowance, but the get paid for big chores, to teach em to work)

Only problem is, hes a bit of a wild man, so occasionally i get pictures of his "handywork"

IMG-20240925-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20240703-WA0004.jpg

Fortunately my son has only shredded the belt on my lawnmower to this point but know those days are coming.

Fortunately my son has only shredded the belt on my lawnmower to this point but know those days are coming.
he did that too, but i dont have a picture of it
if i remember correctly, i had bought that lawnmower back when we lived in lowell, so 16,17 years ago
about 2 years ago the belt started slipping when cutting tall, wet grass so i decided to show it some love and put a brand new belt on it

needless to say, that brand new belt didnt even last 2 years

truth be told, the time we spend fixing the lawnmower (or just teaching him basic maintenance on it will probably turn out to be invaluable

-
Back