Front wheel location difference???

-

65RAGTOP

Reaction score
Just finished putting front end on my 65 dart ragtop and the location of front wheels/tires differs from side to side.drivers front tire is centered in wheelwell.passenger side
tire is to the front of the wheelwell,it will hit front fender once it removed from jackstands , and it will hit fender trying to turn.front end has been totally rebuilt with new parts,and disc brake upgrade from 75 dart parts..i recall reading another post with the same problem,but have not been able to find it in the search mode.any help will be appreciated. Thanks

Just finished putting front end on my 65 dart ragtop and the location of front wheels/tires differs from side to side.drivers front tire is centered in wheelwell.passenger side
tire is to the front of the wheelwell,it will hit front fender once it removed from jackstands , and it will hit fender trying to turn.front end has been totally rebuilt with new parts,and disc brake upgrade from 75 dart parts..i recall reading another post with the same problem,but have not been able to find it in the search mode.any help will be appreciated. Thanks

I recall a thread where the upper control arm had bushings replaced that that weren't in correctly creating a similar problem. There have also been threads where the upper control arm was bent when it was put in a press to change bushings.

It could be the lower control arm is bent also.

I would get out a tape measure and start measuring from fixed locations on the car to the newly installed parts to find what is different between each side.

I also know that there are problem solver bushings used on my 68 that comes with an offset cam bolt set up. That allows the upper control arm a lot of adjustment where MaMopar didn't.

Post some pictures so others can chime in with additional information.

Lower control arm should be square to frame rail. Might be that caster is set unequal. Might check if the passenger front upper A-arm eccentric is full in instead of full out. To get maximum caster, typically set full out on front A-arm, then out, on the rear A-arm for correct camber. If car is not perfect it takes more adjusting to get it correct.

These is an example picture of the offset upper control arm bushings that allow the adjustments. I don't know what the correct part numbers would be for your application.

15278.jpg

..............There is 5/8 set back.....it is designed in from the factory........the pass sie front is ahead to ensure stability.....adjust 4 as much pos caster u can get.......kim........

Old thread BUT, My driver side is closer by almost an inch. Drives nice, no uneven tire wear, any thoughts?

-
Back