Good Idler arm

-

JAmes Dodge

Reaction score
Hi all,

It's time to change some front suspension parts.
I have some friends than had bad issues with MOOG idle arms here in Brazil... some streets here are terrible, but this isn't an excuse to put a idle arm with a couple months of use in trash.

Who do you think is the best manufacturer of this front suspension parts today? TRW? Do you have good experience with Moogs? Maybe try to find some NOS parts??

thanks

There has been a lot of problems with the heat from the headers and idler arms lately. The guts of the idler arms have been replaced with another material that isn't taking heat from the headers.

I run all Moog parts that were made in the USA (before they started making them in China) and have had no problems but again I don't run headers. The late USA parts also have the different guts.

Maybe hunt a Moog idler arm that was put out before the UPC symbol was on the box since it would be original material. I used to see quite a few on eBay but they are getting hard to find now.

There was some talk at Moparts? about the heavy duty line of Spicer. I forget the "buzzword" it's called. A member here documented the failures of the "new" Moog idler

I had heared good things about Raybestos parts... thinking in try this direction. And take a look if the headers (Headman shorty) are too much close to the idler arm, thanks!!

Call Dick at Firm Feel, he has an Idler arm update kit that looks killer. So far my Spicer is tight after 2000 miles of stupidity and his kit doesnt work on Spicers anyway.

-
Back