got dumped

-

0lddart

Reaction score
so i got dumped again tonight seems like im good at it although this time i know why at least niether of us was really ready for another relationship oh well.... NEXT :snakeman:

so this leads me up to 2 ?

those of you bastards that are married how long till you met the "one"

and how long does it take you guys to get completly of a girl you ACTUALLY CARED ABOUT

well this bastard got luck and met my best friend when...I stopped lookin' for love and started lookin for a FRIEND...the rest is history...dated 3 years...and have been married for 17 as of 3/7.

Yea she must have settled for me :)

Good luck!

Aloha!

>>>"and how long does it take you guys to get completly of a girl you ACTUALLY CARED ABOUT"?

Translation, please....:angry7:

I met my wife when I decided I had enough of women. Guess I was looking to hard.

Gotta brag,been married for 33yrs,have 2 great children.I can't give advice on finding the right one,don't know anybody who can,guess it's luck.Alway's remember it's give and take,not all about me.Good Luck

Sorry to hear that. But hang in there...there is someone for everyone. Maybe you are looking too hard?

Met my wife in high school...we dated for years, lived together awhile and got engaged....We had been together for 11 years.....5 of those we were engaged.

We have been togther for 23 years now.....and have two amazing kids.

She isnt perfect, nor am I. In fact, between us I would say that I am the lesser perfect of the two.

We argue and have our little spats, mostly over stupid stuff *i* do or say....

But she somehow puts up with me and I couldnt imagine living without her. Its hard sometimes...we boith work and there is never enough time for "us" it seems.

The more important aspect is the bigger picture.

I cared for my lady from the day we met....but as time has moved on, that has become even stronger.

Some folks find the right person after dating just a short time, some take longer.

My advice? Be patient, be understanding and be realistic....that is when you first meet and after you have been together a while. If you are lookin gfor the perfect woman, you wont ever find her as there is no such thing IMHO. But I think that is what makes life interesting.

Oh, one other thing, my wife is actively helping me search for an old Mopar....looks like I found a keeper in her! LOL

so i got dumped again tonight seems like im good at it although this time i know why at least niether of us was really ready for another relationship oh well.... NEXT :snakeman:

so this leads me up to 2 ?

those of you bastards that are married how long till you met the "one"

and how long does it take you guys to get completly of a girl you ACTUALLY CARED ABOUT

you probably never will get over it...I dated exclusively my wife for 7 yrs before we got married only been married for 8 months going great, never been better....quit looking she will find you...

You will never find the perfect one. they exist only in our dreams. You will find the right one when she stops looking for the perfect man and is looking for the right one. Nobody is perfect and it takes some people longer to realize that than others.As was said earlier, there is a lot of give and take in a good relationship, usually a lot more give from both sides to make it work. You look for one night stands, the right one just happens.

Jack

feel like **** right now myself...girlfriend of 2 and a half years just broke up with me...goddam im young but i thought it would never happen...im crushed, but you know what they say, women come and go, but your mopar is always there for you...life is now dedicated to the scamp for me...

Been married just shy of 31 years.. Good luck finding the right one. I just found a good one and trained her..lol... Or maybe she trained me.

They say it take between 2 to 5 years to get over someone you were in love with. Been married twice and never again... Woman are a complicated machine and you will never be able to fix them or truly understand them. So just take some time to be you, get over the hurt and move on. You will meet some one some day and I hope it will be what you are looking for.. Best advice I can give is to listen to them. and if you start hearing things that are red flags move on

Learn from your past relationship, try not to repeat some of the stuff that caused this one to end. And always remember the bottom line is BONE'N!!!

don't go lookin'! if you go looking for a wife or girlfriend you will find the wrong one. i have been married 19 years as of yesterday. we knew each other for a couple of years before we ever dated. i had a girlfriend or she had a boyfriend. when we finally got to go out, it was like something totally different than anyone else. got engaged about a month later and got married six months after that. my wife is my best friend and i love spending time with her. well, when our 3 kids allow it anyway. when you "find" the "one" you will know it.

Got rid of my pain in the rear girlfriend(she was hot though) at 29. Took 3 years off and didn't even date. One day I was at the vets office and there was a girl there with a ferret. Next day the vets office called me up and left me her number. 3 months later we were married and we are going on 12 years now. By 29 I had called the bar scene quits. Most guys shop real fast in the supermarket so that didn't work. I worked in DoD and most of my collegues were male so no action at work. Any girl I did date was psychotic and would start yelling at me over really stupid stuff. Basically I stopped looking and hung out with the guys. Every night at 11-11:30 3 or 4 guys would drop by. We would drink, shoot the crap, link up computers and wargame, or go shoot pool. I could have cared less about hooking up with a problem. I guess you need to stop looking and just be yourself and eventually she will find you.

marriagey.jpg

Before Nikki my longest relationship was 6 months (mainly because she could fold her legs behind her head). Most of them were a week or less and I was happy with that. Neither Nikki or myself were looking for a relationship but 8 years later we are getting married, I call it my 8 year long one night stand. We both joke that if either of us leaves the other we will burn their face off while they sleep so no one else will want them.

Don't look for love, you will never find it. It's kinda like the old saying "A watched pot never boils".

Oh yes.... The way of the Woman....

I have had many.

From 1986 to 2003 I was not with out a hottie by my side. The hotter the meaner. Even had one that would pee on my toothbrush when she was mad. Had another that put broken glass in my bed. Had another that would drink 2 bottles of wine pack her 4 year old into the car and run out to get a half case of beer.....

But I didn't know how to be alone.....

In 2003 after finding my alcoholic girlfriend sleeping on the floor in the front room with her child sleeping in the bedroom.... This was at 5am, me getting home from work, front door left open all night..... To add to the fun... She had been balling a coworker.....

I said to my self..... Its time I stop and be single.. It was hard. I didn't know what to do.....

That lasted about 2 years. 2 years of being single.... Then I met a girl.... The same kind of girl I had dated in the past.... Not mean but another heavy drinker... I realized, I liked being single. I mean, after 2 years happy solo living I loved it. I could do what I wanted, when I wanted.

My new lady wanted to have sex one night at about 1am... I had to go to work at 5am... I told her no. In the morning she was so pist off she told me she had never been turned down and didn't want to see me anymore.... I told her not to forget her stuff when she left...

She called me for 2 weeks after that....... But I was happy being able to watch StarTrek in my underwear, enjoying the sound of my own farts again.

Then in early 2007 I started chatting to this lady on the net. I wasn't looking for anything...

Our first date lasted all night.... In the morning I said "Do you want to date forever or do you just want to get married". She thought it was a joke. We had just met the night before. The next day I asked again.... She said yes.... We here married 2 months later, an Elvis wedding in Vegas.

It was my first marrage, I was 38. My wife is the best god damn woman in the world. She giggles when I fart, loves my Barracuda and is a Scifi fan.... She can also tell you the back story of every Super Hero, is a hell of a good cook has huge bewbies, and is damn nice to be around.

Quote/those of you bastards that are married how long till you met the "one"

Quote/and how long does it take you guys to get completly of a girl you ACTUALLY CARED ABOUT

Well lets see, how many girlfriends till I met the one I'm married to now. Lets just say a lot, easily a couple dozen, until I met and married my wife and have been for 26 yrs. you see I'm a complicated person. Janet has never tried changing me and we dated for a year so she knew what she was getting into and so did I. Oh we cuss at each other but it never gets personel and I've learned one of the most important aspects of longivity is don't hang off her, if she wants to go to, lets say, Europe with a friend then let her go. Trust is the most important IMO, if you can't trust her or trust yourself then get out and start all over again.

Oh yea, how long does it take to get over a girl, the good ones you never do and the bad ones don't matter.

Terry

I was not looking to get married till I found one I did not want anyone else to have =P~ 30 years ago

I cant help ya. I thought I found the one, but it just didn't work out. We have a daughter together. And I wouldn't change anything about that. But I should have givin more than I took.

Yes marriage is GREAT! Loved it so much I did it 2 times. Maybe next time Ill get it right :-D

:love6:dont look for it....and plus women take up alot of car money.....believe me bro its nice to get trim at home when you want it...but enjoy the single life as long as you can....take cruzes vacation in other countries , (meat) exoctic women spend money on your car...and yourself ....love will find you and always when your in the middle of a big build...lol good luck

You will never find the perfect one. they exist only in our dreams. You will find the right one when she stops looking for the perfect man and is looking for the right one. Nobody is perfect and it takes some people longer to realize that than others.As was said earlier, there is a lot of give and take in a good relationship, usually a lot more give from both sides to make it work. You look for one night stands, the right one just happens.

Jack

Not true in the least bit. I have found THE PERFECT one. I knew her for 10 years and she was always my dream girl,and I her dream guy.We dated for 8 months and got married.Been heaven ever since.She loves my music and my mopars,and I love her art and fashion design.We are both sex addicts,and help eachother with that problem:-D

Not true in the least bit. I have found THE PERFECT one. I knew her for 10 years and she was always my dream girl,and I her dream guy.We dated for 8 months and got married.Been heaven ever since.She loves my music and my mopars,and I love her art and fashion design.We are both sex addicts,and help eachother with that problem:-D
Another member of the bottom line club,any one else? The perfect girl is one that will [help out] even when shes mad as hell at me. Thats my girl all the way!! And the American way..

-
Back