Got pulled over in my FORD "Charger"

-

4flats

Reaction score
Went to town Saturday in my daily driver , 1968 Ford Galaxie. On the way home I passed through one of our local speed traps. I know the police sit there all the time, so I wasn't speeding, but the cop pulled in behind me, followed for a while and lit me up. The only thing I was worried about was my vintage tag. You are only supposed to drive back and forth to car shows, mechanics, etc. The cop asked for my liscence and proof of insurance (I think that is the real reason he pulled me over). He then told me that the tag and insurance didn't match the vehicle, the info was for a black ford Galaxie and this was obviously a green CHARGER!!! I regestered it as black because I thought it would be painted by now, but I had to take the guy around to the front of the car to show him the one remaining badge that say's "Ford XL" before he would believe it was not a Charger! I was about to pop the hood and show him the valve covers, but that wouldn't have meant anything either! Maybe I should start posting on FBBO since I have an ultra-rare Ford Charger! Anyway, no ticket, all is good. In the cops defense, the color was wrong and only the XL's have hide-away headlights. I think he was thinking of the Galaxies with stacked headlights. What do you think? Does it look like a charger?

DSC04102.jpg

DSC04104.jpg

Nope looks like a ford XL8) A buddy still has one we used to cruise around in, when we were kids, shame its currently a greenhouse, yes the vines grow real green up through the floor boards. lol

nope thats a cool looking ford for sure, i like that body style alot and look at it as a very cool cruiser wich could easily be made into a big mean musclecar with a 427/428 in it or a 385series bigblock or why not a boss9 or even a 427cammer in that big enginecompartment and just leave the outside as it is only adding some big meats in the back ;)

ok i got alitle carried away there

back to the original program

Anywonder they pulled you up...doesn't look road worthy....LOL.....that would look nice done up, though.

I could see how a non car guy could mistake it for a 66-67 Charger. Not every one is as in to old cars as we are you know. Cop was just checking up on you. They use to do that to me when I drove my Dart around town. Would just stat trailing me for no reason and even soe timespull me over with no reason why. They are used to it now and stoped hasseling me but dang. Just because come one is driving an old car don't make them a junky or some thing.

it needs some hubcaps!!,wait your in ohio,wont last a week,maybe dogdish,make it one color with cans,that will help

It needs some duct tape.

I'll admit that it looks like the driver would have a mullit, but no insurance or driver's lisence! I think he was hoping for an easy ticket. He was cool about it, but very insistant at first. I have the stock hub caps and some cooler '74s, but I got tired of picking them up off the side of the road everytime I made a "hard turn". I'm thinking about either spider caps and trim rings or gray torque-thrusts.

I have an Aussie XL Charger but it's a Valiant.

That car is very cool. Bodies in the trunk?

I've never seen on any of my cars paper work reg/ins where it states the cars color must be an Al.thing.I had similar experiences many years ago though. I had my car in primer and no badges to be seen.cops would pull me over and walk all around the car trying to figure out what it was.(72'Demon)Also got out of a parking ticket cause the meter-maid couldn't fill out the ticket.Kept asking Me what kind of car it was I just asked her could she please hurry up the process.she filled it out incorrectly didn't match My car-wrong make/color,and it was thrown out when I contested it !

I've never seen on any of my cars paper work reg/ins where it states the cars color must be an Al.thing.I had similar experiances many years ago though I had my car in primer and no badges to be seen.cops would pull me over and walk all around the car trying to figure out what it was.(72'Demon)Also got out of a parking ticket cause the meter-maid couldn't fill out the ticket.Kept asking Me what kind of car it was I just asked her could she please hurry up the process.she filled it out incorrectly didn't match My car-wrong make/color,and it was thrown out when I contested it !

Ha! That's a good one. I've been debating whether to replace the badges on my Scamp when it's finished or go the stealthy route. Now I think I know what I'll do...

I'm glad you didn't get a ticket. Now you know I've got to razz you a little brother. Your car reminds me of the Dukes car in "Escape from New York". LOLOLOLO
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_E31HluCz6E"]YouTube- Escape From New York Duke Arrives[/ame]

if you're not a diehard car dude and park your Milky Way, er, ummm, Galaxie next to a 67 charger I can see where the uninitiated can make the assumption!!!

yeah that's what i would say
someone who doesn't know or at first glance would think it's a 66-67 charger

when i used to drive my 66 charger daily i had several people ask me if it was a marlin or a cuda :)

I'll admit that it looks like the driver would have a mullit, but no insurance or driver's lisence! I think he was hoping for an easy ticket. He was cool about it, but very insistant at first. I have the stock hub caps and some cooler '74s, but I got tired of picking them up off the side of the road everytime I made a "hard turn". I'm thinking about either spider caps and trim rings or gray torque-thrusts.

TORQUE-THRUSTS and all one color primer body!!!

No bodies in the trunk yet, like I said, no ticket! But there are many body parts (for the car). the main reason I fell in love with the Galaxie was that it is big enough for the wife, 3 kids and the dog, plus I thought the hide-away headlights were just bitchin'. I wish it was a charger, but The Dukes of Hazard is still shown as part of the mandatory curriculum in schools here, so they are pretty pricey.

Paint it Hemi Orange, put a rebel flag on the roor and numbers on the door and try him again.

Yellowdartdave, don't think the thought hasn't crossed my mind, many, many times. As for the 4-speed, I can't imagine stopping that boat with a brake pedal that's only big enough for 1 foot!

Don't dis Uncle Buck's ride, that thing is sweet! Maybe I'll get one of those "ford" ovals that covers the whole back window.

-
Back