Grundy insurance questions

-
I went with Hagerty as the covered my project in the middle of the build for a stated value. It was a pretty painless process.

All insurance companies stink as they don't want to pay when it is time to pay up! It doesn't matter who you use there will always be issues when you file a claim.

I have State Farm for my house, umbrella policies, two cars and a motorcycle. When I filed a $1,700 claim for when a pole "jumped out" in front of my wife her insurnace went up. I've had State Farm for 10+ years without any claims. We pay them over 3K per year too! Insurance sucks!

Funny this thread should pop up. I just got my Hagerty renewal letter today. I have been pretty happy with Hagerty, I told them I would drive my car to work once in a while. Mostly to cruise in's after work and the like. They said no problem. The only down side is the extra $24 a year for roadside, but I do have AAA. They also wanted to charge extra for my parts and tools. My homeowners covers contents up to $22K so I'm good there. I will look into Grundy, I did the quick quote and came up a whopping $2.00 cheaper. So price won't really be an issue, I guess I'm looking for the "*** kissing" factor now.
Has any one ever have to file a claim with either carrier? If so, how did it go?

Any of you guys use JC Taylor? Their quote is $5 less for me compared to Grundy, and they have a $0 deductible for comp/collision....$122 for a year based on a $15k value. Hagerty wants $171!!!!!!!!!

Any of you guys use JC Taylor? Their quote is $5 less for me compared to Grundy, and they have a $0 deductible for comp/collision....$122 for a year based on a $15k value. Hagerty wants $171!!!!!!!!!

look at the fine print,,,they wil tell you any thing you want to hear over the phone,,,

is JC TAYLOR agreed value ?? or do they prorate your vehicles worth as time goes on ??

GRUNDY inventors of the AGREED VALUE if its worth 25 grand the day you buy your policy,,its still worth 25 grand 10 years later,,unless you up grade your value

This is something I should have done long ago in my 1970 dodge challenger project I've been lucky so far in that this car has been sitting for 8 years without full 'agreed value" coverage.

I saw a video clip on Jay Leno's website about Haggerty it seemed like a pretty good deal from that.

Are there any more pro's/cons with Grundy vs. Haggerty from anyone?

look at the fine print,,,they wil tell you any thing you want to hear over the phone,,,

is JC TAYLOR agreed value ?? or do they prorate your vehicles worth as time goes on ??

GRUNDY inventors of the AGREED VALUE if its worth 25 grand the day you buy your policy,,its still worth 25 grand 10 years later,,unless you up grade your value

Its 'agreed value" with no deductible.

It's been 2 days since I left voicemail for Chuck. No return phone call. This irks me. I'll try calling one more time, then I'll ask for my money back. Poor customer service pisses me off.

Well, just called. Chuck won't talk to me. I was told he is "Unavailable."

I talked to another guy who told me the same thing everyone else was saying, that you can drive to work once in a while. But everybody there seems to have attitude. I'm not sure I want to give money to a company that doesn't appreciate my business.

well from my experience,, chuck may be at a event,,,i cant tell you where to spend your money and i understand how you feel,,,i believe the guy you spoke to was cory ??? some off the wall name,, nice guy,, ive never had a problem with them,,and trust me i live in the same region as that company is located,,,,there is a ton of crappy attitude,,around here,,it all trickels down from new york i believe,,but the attitude here is terrible,,

moving back east was one of my worst mistakes in life,,but i have never had or gotten attitude from the people at GRUNDY,,, sorry for your experience,,

-
Back