Harold's F'ing me over - big time.

-
Hand making headers is a lot of work. Harolds problem is probably too many orders and waaaaay behind. But he takes more orders to get more cash to keep working,etc,etc. Not defending him,just thinking out loud...

Im going to build a tubing bender as soon as I have the materials. I want to make my own headers,roll cage etc...

But dont ask me to make headers unless you want them in your next life,lol...

Sounds like I should put my order in now then. See you in the next life:-D

I have a friend that owns a fab shop, last I checked he was looking for work. If anybody is intersted and could come up with a set of headers I might be able to convince my buddy to duplicate them. Will no doubt cost more than Harold charges, but my if my buddy says he is going to do something it will get done. I will try to get a hold of my buddy just to see what he says....

I must be the only person alive to get their headers from Harold in about 3 days. Then again, I bought one of first sets he made, right after he re-engineered them for clearance. A friend of mine who races a 65 Cuda got one of the very first unclearanced sets, and she turned me on to them. That was about 5 years ago!!! Harold, where are you??? Geof

What's crazy is, I bought 2 sets a year apart. I had none to COD sign for them, so he sent them unpaid both times. He asked me to send a money order when then showed up. Why he isn't honest in return is crazy.

Several people on this list have gotten their headers when they should have been sent to me!!! I was waiting first!!!! If you did. Take them off and send them to me now!!! lol.

i got lucky. found an un-used set at e-town a few years ago for $90. i jumped right on them. been sitting on a shelf since. figure i'll use them one day. :)

here are what the ones i have look like ( mine aren't coated) . not sure if he changed them at all since this style..

http://www.earlyabodyforum.com/board/messages/707/5549.html?1235224678

5550.jpg

5551.jpg

5552.jpg

5553.jpg

I have been waiting over 60 days for a set that was going to be on its way in 5 days. I do not have any money invested, just trust and that is a bit bruised right now. My best friend is not only a welder/fabricator by trade he also has a tubing bender and, yes, I have been tempted to go in to the header business.
Has anyone tried one of the many sets of Shorty Headers originally designed for a Magnum engined Dakota/Durango on an early A? If so, just how bad is the news?
Bob

Hey Bob. I'm still waiting. I PAID 1 1/2 yrs. ago.....still waiting. Talked to Harold last week, he begged me for another week. we'll see.

I have tried to call him, leaving a message, but that got ignored. I guess he only answers messages from people that paid up front. I almost wish I had paid up front so I could threaten him with legal action just to see if he would get his act together.
Bob

I have tried to call him, leaving a message, but that got ignored. I guess he only answers messages from people that paid up front. I almost wish I had paid up front so I could threaten him with legal action just to see if he would get his act together.
Bob

you would have been crazy top pay up front. only thing you would have gotten out of it is $250 less in your bank account...lol

Hey Bob. I'm still waiting. I PAID 1 1/2 yrs. ago.....still waiting. Talked to Harold last week, he begged me for another week. we'll see.

mike, stop letting him sweet talk ya and file the paper work on him already.. screw him. its been way too long and he is taking advantage of ya now.

Bob
Threats are useless,just do it!Harold needs to be charged,he,s been at this way to long.Handcuffs will change his ways!:snakeman:

I ordered a set COD, they arrived 5 days later. I sold them for a profit because I changed my mind about using them. Since them I bought another set from a member (post #35) and are just now installing them. They look like they are a great fit. I think Harold is just overbooked and very unorganized. I don't think he is trying to rip people off on purpose. The last time I called him about a set he would not take an order. He told me he was behind and just couldn't take anything more for at least a month. I do agree someone needs to reverse engineer these things! I would love too but I can barely find time to work on my own stuff.

I ordered a set COD, they arrived 5 days later. I sold them for a profit because I changed my mind about using them. Since them I bought another set from a member (post #35) and are just now installing them. They look like they are a great fit. I think Harold is just overbooked and very unorganized. I don't think he is trying to rip people off on purpose. The last time I called him about a set he would not take an order. He told me he was behind and just couldn't take anything more for at least a month. I do agree someone needs to reverse engineer these things! I would love too but I can barely find time to work on my own stuff.
If he takes COD orders I would order a set. I didn't know he did COD.

-
Back