Have you ever lost

-
As you age you find there is more important things in your life. I sold the 273 hipo 4-speed Dart and a Dodge WM300 Joined a religious organization and do some metal detecting and helping others. I still have my wrangler TJ for 20 years and that is enough for me to keep for use for plowing and a trailer to pull instead of having a truck and the Wrangler hardtop is removable for summer time. I thank God I'm still moving along at 72 with some problems and have to see the doc more nowadays. Also dont watch the news too much anymore its to depressing and that is why a lot of us loose interest

I only lost interest because it's been way to hot in my uninsulated garage. I will be getting back to it very soon after my neglected yard is ready for the fall.

love that wagon , as we get older we all lose interest in hobbies , just hard to get out of bed some days , i got a bunch of cars and bike with no idea what to do with now they just sit in garages . when i die people will get a good deal as nobody in the family has an interest in cars bikes and engines

interest in your car? I think I have. I have 2 cars, a 65 coronet sw and a 71 dart. Wagon is 1 of the neatest cars. It needs very little. a rear window w/s that no one makes and I need to replace 1 window motor that has gone bad. It was build as a race car/street car. It has 4.56's and a spool. We blew the 540 up and now it has a ding dong 440. Fiberglass 1 pc removable front clip, a/c and a lot of other features. Lots of time, effort, thought and money went into the 8 year build. It sits in the garage and I start it occasionally but seem to have lost interest in doing anything else with it. Has anyone lost interest in their car but got it back? I am at a point in my life that I don't know if the car really matters now.

View attachment 1716304278

View attachment 1716304279
Go to a local car show or event and you will want to get back into it.

I lost my enthusiasm in the last few years as well. I spend all day doing machine work and engine building for others, and literally never touch my stuff anymore. Almost all my cars, engines and parts have been/or are for sale, but no one else seems interested in them either. Rebuilding a 69 hemi dart for a fabo member and getting vastly shorted on the money helped seal my desire to avoid anything other than machine work.
Kind of like, a painter's house is never painted. My take on this is, why work for free, when you can work and get paid. Remember, what you do to your ride or whatever to improve it, will come back in dollars when you sale it.

I had a 69 model I fixed up, just after I turned 16. Which, coincidentally was winter of 69/70. Traded my 57 Belair for it. The Chevy had a melted PowerGlide; and the CL had been treed, and the forks were done.
By spring, I had a brand new Chopper!
AJ, the shortest comment I ever seen you make. I even read the whole comment. I just didn't understand what you said.

I can't justify paying insurance and plates on a bunch of cars you never drive. Personal property tax , the list goes on .. My pockets aren't very deep anymore.
Agreed, Rat Rod, I had 5 cars at one time and was becoming insurance broke. I don't get it, you can only drive one at a time, why have to insure all. Comp. and Collision, I can understand, but the rest, no.

Quite the topic. I'm 68 yo and still love working on my mopes. I'm in my shop every day and feel like crap if I miss a day. What makes me sad is that my time on earth is limited now, and I have lots of Mopar projects to do yet. Maybe there's a Dodge in heaven with my name on it!

AJ, the shortest comment I ever seen you make. I even read the whole comment. I just didn't understand what you said.
Well, that was 55 years ago. and my memory is like a sliding window in time. Old memories get shoved into a dark corner to make way for new memories. So I have to be careful when I talk about "the old days", cuz those old memories don't always come out of storage, in the same condition as they went in. So I try to keep them short.
I have, tho, noticed false memories come out of that dungeon. After I haul one out, my wife might say, "that's NOT how it happened, and then she'll tell me how it really went down Since she's 4 years younger, Ima hoping her memory is better than mine; but honestly, most of the time I think she's just making chit up.
But you know, I made her a Promise on our wedding day, so I just shut up; cuz, what if I'm wrong......... So then she asks me, "how come you never talk to me anymore".........
So Ima thinking,
we've been married almost 48 years, what they heck have we got to talk about. Lemmee squeeze your soft bits, and maybe we'll see what comes up? But, I can't say that,cuz then she calls me a pervert. and then the fight's on. In about ten more years, one of us likely gonna be dead, and the other will be released from the Covenant.
Did you know
that when Sara died, old Abraham took a young bride of child-bearing age who bore him, IIRC, six more sons and a daughter? I mean try not to imagine that.
Nobody talks about Keturah, but I bet old-Abe, at 175, died a happy pervert, I mean man.
But I digress.

-
Back