have you ever seen a $100,000 Duece

-
well Joe Dokes, I have to correct you on one thing. the Duece used to be referred to as the 32 ford up until the Chevy II came out. Then that is where the Duece took on a new meaning. As far as the price goes, you stated that you put the reasonable number at 60K. I believe that is what I said. You are in Ca. here in Ky., we have always referred to a Chevy II as a Duece because of the II after the Chevy, just like the 2 in 32 Ford. and I am not a Chevy freak.

brad446 question for because you have an older a-body, i thought the old 65-69 cuda was called the barracuda and 70 on up was called the cuda, can you explain this for me, thanks

I'm from CA also - must be where the Deuce confusion comes in - we don't habla eastcoastish, dude ;-)

brad446 question for because you have an older a-body, i thought the old 65-69 cuda was called the barracuda and 70 on up was called the cuda, can you explain this for me, thanks

As I understand it, in 64 Barracuda was an option of the Valiant. For 65-69 Barracuda was as an A-body. What 1970Duster was referring to was 1970 and later E-bodies were Barracudas and Cudas, depending on which drivetrain they were built with. However, I saw a 70 Hemi Barracuda Covertible lately that was supposedly all original and released from the factory as a Barracuda instead of a Cuda. I did not see any paperwork on it, it was at a car dealer that has been shut down for years that my club was invited to. I'm not vouching for its authenticity, I'm just telling what I saw.

yah brad4406 your right i just brushed uo on some history, basically there all barracuda's according to muscle car history, thanks for clarification!!!!!!

I saw a Chevy II at cruise night that I really liked. Real good original shape, 3 on the tree, was a 6 cylinder car, still looks like a 6 cylinder car, but has a 327/350 in it

A 32 Ford is a Deuce. A Chevy II is a Duche. So what he has there is a 100G Duche.
A Cuda is a package on the Barracuda which started in 1969.

The only time the NOVA was referred to as a deuce was when Yenko made the Yenko Deuce Nova. I've been involved with cars since 1974 and I have never heard anyone call either a chebbie II or a nova a deuce other than the aforementioned. Never. Not once. A deuce is either a 32 Ford coupe, a 2.5 ton military truck or a "2" in a deck of playing cards.

well Rusty, you better do some googleing. it plainly states that the 32 Ford was the Duece up until the Chevy II came along and then it was called a Duece also. Also it may be a regional thingy. Again, we are not talking about the NOVA here. I am talking about the Chevy II. I have been involved with cars since 1970 and it has always been referred as a Duece as long as I can remember where I come from. google it. EVERYBODY....... PLEASE GOOGLE DUECE AND PUT THIS TO REST. don't take my word for it. the internet is never wrong.LOL

Not that it's worth arguing over, but I am old enough to remember when the Chevy II's first came out. (1962) I have heard, and myself have called them "Deuce's" every since I can remember.

Well here on the East Coast, There are actually two "Deuce" terms. Most of the time , when a guy is talking about a "Deuce Coupe", he means a 32 Ford. On the other hand , if he's talking just "Deuce" , he means 62-67 Chevy Nova II. I have grown up around both terms, and I'm 56

As I understand it, in 64 Barracuda was an option of the Valiant. For 65-69 Barracuda was as an A-body. What 1970Duster was referring to was 1970 and later E-bodies were Barracudas and Cudas, depending on which drivetrain they were built with.

Good explanation.

In short terms think of the 'Cuda on the Plymouth E-body as like to the R/T package on the Dodge side of the family. (Variances not withstanding, such as having non-R/T 440 Challengers and 340 powered Barracudas.)

My '74 originally 318/2bbl, 904 E-body is a Barracuda. Although, since we as American's have a tendency to be lazy in our speech, the family refers to it as "the 'Cuda."

I've never seen a thread on a chubby go this long on the forum.. Then again, I haven't been around that long. The car is nice, yes. Nova..deuce, tomato.. Tomahhto, potato..potahhto

....ahhhh who cares

Back to our regularly scheduled programming?

The only time the NOVA was referred to as a deuce was when Yenko made the Yenko Deuce Nova. I've been involved with cars since 1974 and I have never heard anyone call either a chebbie II or a nova a deuce other than the aforementioned. Never. Not once. A deuce is either a 32 Ford coupe, a 2.5 ton military truck or a "2" in a deck of playing cards.

I also have never heard the Chevy II "deuce" before...
I thought the truck was a "deuce and a half"...
I had a '67 Electra 225 that seemingly everyone but me referred to as a "deuce and a quarter"...

Wow what a beauty-is that a Studebaker in the background?

Good eye. Yeah, it's a '55 Commander. House Of Kolor Zenith Gold, now. Oddly enough, it also has a SBC now, on a Fat Man Mustang DEUCE front suspension. And just to clarify what Mustang DEUCE means, in terms of front suspension, it shares geometry from the car and nothing else. While the SBC is not the greatest thing that could have been done, it moves the wheels.

091.jpg

I'll see if I can dig up a completed pic. Everything is done, now, sans interior. DEUCE more weeks and it's out of my sights for the next car going under the magnifying glass.

a Fat Man Mustang DEUCE front suspension... Is that similar to the Alterkation Deuce front suspension :)

-
Back