Headers that dont bottom out

-
Meet-Joe-"Dart";1563229 said:
I just ordered a set of Doug's at KMS auto in Coquitlam... they were great to deal with. :)
Hey, if you dont mind me asking what did you pay for em?? Thx for all the info guys i appreciate it :cheers:

Everyone seems to want headers that don't scrape but yet nobody has ever listed any measurements about ride height they want to run. That is really the only way to figure out what header options you have.

Cheap headers work fine for me with a stock ride height and maybe slightly taller than stock tires. I don't have to be careful going over speed bumps or driving on craptastic new york roads.

Obviously some people wish to run a bit lower, if your slamming it on the ground tti's or dougs are probably what you need. If your in the middle somewhere maybe those block huggers would work good.

easy trigger,....... easy

I was funnin really.....but in all seriousness....I just get tired of everybody recommendin all the $$$$$$$$$ stuff all the time. Ain't all of us got all the cash in the world to chunk around you know?

my duster must be too high off the ground.....oh well i'm runnin it anyway

Attachments

• dusterracinocala 021.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 276
I never had a problem with them Flo Techs or Summit headers.....cause I always ran at stock ride height. But I'd try them block huggers in a second. They're cool.

Yepp, mee too but no sense bein mean about it...I personally would put the 340 manifolds if he wants flow, performance and no problems changing starter motors.....and no scraping when he's haulin the friends...they flow 5% less than a header says mullen and co.
I was funnin really.....but in all seriousness....I just get tired of everybody recommendin all the $$$$$$$$$ stuff all the time. Ain't all of us got all the cash in the world to chunk around you know?

Yepp, mee too but no sense bein mean about it...I personally would put the 340 manifolds if he wants flow, performance and no problems changing starter motors.....and no scraping when he's haulin the friends...they flow 5% less than a header says mullen and co.
Yeah good call, that was the other option i thought of just harder to find around my area is all.

should be a few sets on here for sale....you cant go wrong with them although they dont have that tinnny header sound we seem to like they flow nicely. if you do end up with the headers that hang down do yourself a big favor and get a mini starter or you will hate yourself
Yeah good call, that was the other option i thought of just harder to find around my area is all.

should be a few sets on here for sale....you cant go wrong with them although they dont have that tinnny header sound we seem to like they flow nicely. if you do end up with the headers that hang down do yourself a big favor and get a mini starter or you will hate yourself
The car came with a mini starter :cheers:

There $609.55 + tax(can $ -chrome-ceramic-coated) called Mopac first then KMS... incidentally KMS Auto has new and used parts on their shelves... they have a ton of used headers too... don't know if any would work, but a good bunch of guys working out of that store.

Everyone seems to want headers that don't scrape but yet nobody has ever listed any measurements about ride height they want to run. That is really the only way to figure out what header options you have.

Cheap headers work fine for me with a stock ride height and maybe slightly taller than stock tires. I don't have to be careful going over speed bumps or driving on craptastic new york roads.

Obviously some people wish to run a bit lower, if your slamming it on the ground tti's or dougs are probably what you need. If your in the middle somewhere maybe those block huggers would work good.

that car in your sig has tall tires and that rear is no doubt higher then stock. defenatley sits higher then stock.

hell even with alum heads,intake , hd 340 t-bars and air shocks to bring the rear up more my hooker and headman headers hit every where.. they were a pain in the ***. to this day i cringe when cruising over certain dips because i'm so used to those low hanging crappy headers that i forget that my tti won't it.. lol.

look how high the ***** was sitting.. still hit everything. speed bumps aren't the problem unless your flying over them. it was more dips in the road. even slight dips in the road those damn headman/hookers would hit. bot was that annoying...

P1010145.JPG

now it sits a ton lower (sig pic) and i have never scraped the tti's at all and there is one dip on my road that i used to hit the hooker/headmans on going as slow as 25mph that i can hit at 50mph now and not worry about it...

the OP asked what header doesn't hang low. well tti and dougs don't hang low. guys that recommended dougs and tti only answered the OP question. i really don't see what the problem is whit that..

as far as the money goes. ya gotta do what ya gotta do.. i get tired of guys that assumes because someone uses so called "expensive" parts on their cars that they are automatically made of money.. i know when i want something i save for it.. doesn't matter how long it takes i'll save for what i want. that includes picking up a little OT if i can at work, selling some parts i have picked up over the years,not doing some things that i wanted to do etc...etc...etc.. hell i've had a stroker kit in my room for 3 years now waiting to save the cash to build it, i have a fast efi set up sitting with the stroker kit that i bought a year ago that i'm saving so i can buy the rest of the fuel system for it. guys using so called "expensive" parts are just like everyone else around here. they don't have money falling out of their ***, but they aren't going to settle for certain things either... for me it just comes down to the fact that if i want something i'm going to get it sooner or later. i'd let my car sit 6 months till i could buy a tti or dougs header for it instead on putting a cheap low hanging, spark plug blocking, thin tube,thin flange headache on it. hey maybe its just me. maybe i'm nuts but i'm done taking those short cuts for a few hundred dollars.. stopped that years ago. too much of a headache for me. i'm using the part that i want no matter what it takes..

bottom line is this is a stupid expensive hobby. no way around it really.and mopars are one of the more expensive of the choices in this hobby just the way it is.

the OP asked what header doesn't hang low. well tti and dougs don't hang low. guys that recommended dougs and tti only answered the OP question. i really don't see what the problem is whit that..

as far as the money goes. ya gotta do what ya gotta do.. i get tired of guys that assumes because someone uses so called "expensive" parts on their cars that they are automatically made of money.. i know when i want something i save for it.. doesn't matter how long it takes i'll save for what i want. that includes picking up a little OT if i can at work, selling some parts i have picked up over the years,not doing some things that i wanted to do etc...etc...etc.. hell i've had a stroker kit in my room for 3 years now waiting to save the cash to build it, i have a fast efi set up sitting with the stroker kit that i bought a year ago that i'm saving so i can buy the rest of the fuel system for it. guys using so called "expensive" parts are just like everyone else around here. they don't have money falling out of their ***, but they aren't going to settle for certain things either... for me it just comes down to the fact that if i want something i'm going to get it sooner or later. i'd let my car sit 6 months till i could buy a tti or dougs header for it instead on putting a cheap low hanging, spark plug blocking, thin tube,thin flange headache on it. hey maybe its just me. maybe i'm nuts but i'm done taking those short cuts for a few hundred dollars.. stopped that years ago. too much of a headache for me. i'm using the part that i want no matter what it takes..

bottom line is this is a stupid expensive hobby. no way around it really.and mopars are one of the more expensive of the choices in this hobby just the way it is.
Well put!!!!

Well put!!!!

I agree with people saving $$ and getting what THEY want and not somthing that someone else suggests. There are are few short tempered,jealous, big mouths and it ruins it for others. I spent over 26 years supporting this Country and one of the freedoms is freedom of speach and when I see posts that tell people to shut up, I sometimes ask Myself why.

looks to me that they run right into the steering box but your more then welcome to spend the $300 and find out..:)
Think that is right , look like the shorty hedmans , not the tight tubes , and the shorty hedmans hit the steering box

-
Back