Hello from West Virginia

-
That's not a bad idea! I'd do the same, if it was feasible. The more a car is hopped up, the more ill mannered She's gonna be. My Lil 340 Duster is right on the edge, I went over a lot of data here, from the MP Books, and some of my real world experiences to do it that way. In my Humble opinion, I'd go the route you have planned. Just Because it would give the car, You and The Wife a better, more reliable driver, It would be Sweet to fire her up and Blast it once, as is, just to Feel the Power, the way he ran it, but Why DID he park it? Was it parked as a runner, or did She develop a noise?
but Why DID he park it? Was it parked as a runner, or did She develop a noise?

Good question and no answer, no one seems to know......................

Thank you. Yeah, like I said not sure what to do. I need to do a bunch of research and see which way to go.................
I'm in the camp of keeping as much of the original look as possible. It's a badass car. I'm also all about driving it as much as possible :thumbsup:

but Why DID he park it? Was it parked as a runner, or did She develop a noise?

Good question and no answer, no one seems to know......................
Probably a good idea to go ahead and have Ray Barton and them go ahead and Just totally rebuild the motor. If he lost oil pressure or something or got like a small rod knock and you fire it up or something and something comes loose man it could have devastating consequences I don't think I'd risk it, if I was in a position to have it done by Ray Barton, I'd definitely have it done by them!

That is an amazing inheritance! I have a second house in Mathias, WV. Is that anywhere close to you?
I wouldnt mind helping out if its close by.

I need to buy you some beers so you can come up here and school me...........:thumbsup:

I'm a knuckle-dragger... There's some genius drag car guys on here that can assist with sorting out that rig. If you need somebody to pass you wrenches let me know :lol: I'm running about half that engine.

Thanks Chris! Awesome car man. I found my Dad's old Mr Norms Demon after 34 years in a barn. Very cool story and many more to come. I love old race cars. I personally would leave it as close to as found as possible.

-
Back