Hello from West Virginia

-
Welcome, trailer that time capsule to a Mopar show near you and get ready to be swarmed with people

Welcome and that's a Home Run!! Maybe you'll be able to tell by the v.i.n. (if it has one) what that motor is out of. Good luck with the car rebuild!

:welcome: from :canada:

Sorry about your FIL
Man, that Dart is WICKED COOL!
Getting the Ray Barton crew to go over the motor is an excellent idea, make it street friendly and safe, then drive the wheels off that thing!
I agree that it would be great to keep it as close as possible to it's original state. Time capsules tell their own stories.
Love it!

:welcome: from :canada:

Sorry about your FIL
Man, that Dart is WICKED COOL!
Getting the Ray Barton crew to go over the motor is an excellent idea, make it street friendly and safe, then drive the wheels off that thing!
I agree that it would be great to keep it as close as possible to it's original state. Time capsules tell their own stories.
Love it!
Thank You. My wife doesn't like the Green, wants to paint it blue..................??

Thank You. My wife doesn't like the Green, wants to paint it blue..................??
Chrysler had some really ugly greens at that time, and sometimes it seems that most of the Mopars from that era are painted an ugly green. But, the green on your Dart appears to be the Spring Green Metallic (bright green) that came out mid year 69 for only the 69 model year. Its actually a very nice shade of green and is rather rare and desirable. You need to find a shiny restored example in that color to show your wife before making the final decision on a color change.

02-1582559229462@2x.jpg

Chrysler had some really ugly greens at that time, and sometimes it seems that most of the Mopars from that era are painted an ugly green. But, the green on your Dart appears to be the Spring Green Metallic (bright green) that came out mid year 69 for only the 69 model year. Its actually a very nice shade of green and is rather rare and desirable. You need to find a shiny restored example in that color to show your wife before making the final decision on a color change.

View attachment 1716075119
Has anyone brought up the Fender tag?

View attachment 1716075119
Thanks for this. I want to keep it original and pretty sure I will succeed

There was no back seat in the car since he built it as a track car I assume. I think it is still in the garage at my MIL's.

Hello all, my name is Scott. Found the forum searching for info on the 1969 Dodge Dart we just received due to my FIL passing. The car has been sitting in his garage for 45+ years. My FIL talked a little about it over the years, but for most info was unknown. I knew it was a Dart and he said it has a 426 Hemi.

Little backstory on the car from what I have pieced together from some of his friends (FIL was 82) ................The car was stolen when new and then my FIL bought it with 2.9 miles on it. According to the VIN it is a 1969 2dr hardtop swinger with a 340 as the original motor. My FIL decided due to getting a good deal on it, he would make it a drag car and put the 426 Hemi in it. He took it to the track a hand full of times and then it sat until this past weekend when I pulled it out of the garage.

I loaded it on a trailer in NJ at my MIL's and brought it home to West Virginia. I cleaned it up and now have it in my shop wondering where do I start???????

Now a little background on me. I am 52 and retired Federal LEO and do not have any experience rebuilding a motor or restoring a car. I would like to make this a tribute car to the racing era and my FIL. I want to keep the 426 in it, however from talking to friends there are some rowdy race parts and they are not meant for the street. It has a Dana 60 rear end and is a 4 speed car.

View attachment 1716074617

View attachment 1716074618

View attachment 1716074619

View attachment 1716074620

Wow! You need to keep it green, but it needs a 68 Super Stock hood to go along with the cross ram intake. :)

-
Back