Hemidenny K member club?

-
That will look cool that low...I could only get to 5.5" from my torsion bar cross member to the pavement and feel comfortable and 5.0" to my HDK cross bar, of course my headers ARE my limiting factor to going lower. They are even with the Torsion bar cross member but I would have to have raised the floor pan to get them higher.
attachment.php

I think im 3.5-4in from my torsion bar member. but I have the lasuperslammer on 26ish front tire on a dart.

I think im 3.5-4in from my torsion bar member. but I have the lasuperslammer on 26ish front tire on a dart.

I'm running a 26.4" front tire I may go lower ....I have my rear shock holes
set on 1.0" centers and I'm in the top hole so I can adjust it down without even utilizing the shock adjustments I have with my QA1, and the fronts.... well you know ......its a custom HDK with QA1 so no problem there.

Attachments

• duster%20010.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 801
  • duster%20014.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 783
  • duster%20024.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 765
  • duster%20029.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 775
I'd probably want some where from 4.5-5 its mostly a race car.. but will see some street duty.. the exhaust is dumps out the passenger fender at the bottom behind the tire.. so exhaust isn't a problem.

To function that low....raising the motor/trans is a must.
Check Ross's (OrangeWagon) thread on how he raised his trans tunnel to accommodate.

E-mail ....hemidenny@rocketmail for PDF on K information

No extra for a Slammer editions.

To function that low....raising the motor/trans is a must.
Check Ross's (OrangeWagon) thread on how he raised his trans tunnel to accommodate.

E-mail ....hemidenny@rocketmail for PDF on K information

No extra for a Slammer editions.

Don't forget raising the inner fenders.... Pg. 50 of my build should help.

Attachments

• duster%20011.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 771
  • duster%20017.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 783
  • duster%20050.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 788
  • duster%20051.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 769
  • duster%20056.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 773
IMG_20131127_072030_956_zpsbe26262a.jpg

This is where the car sits now..and where I'd like to leave it.. ill have to measure the distance to the ground on the torsion bar rail.. I know the rear wheel opening is 23".. the k member and is about 3 inches from the ground and I'm OK with that.. I can't raise my motor anymore because the turbo and throttle body elbow is like 1/4 inch from the hood.. my tires are about 3 inches from the engine bay sheet metal.

the suspension is easy....already done it.

getting that big Hemi to fit is the challenge. Have you test fitted your drive line yet?

what oil pans are you considering? maybe a dragster style? How much capacity does that Elephant need.

Yes Denny i will be using a dragster pan.. they don't hang low and hold more oil.. best of both worlds lol..

I've yet to test fit the drive shaft but it looked like there would be enough clearance when I eye balled it lol.

IMG_20131127_072030_956_zpsbe26262a.jpg

This is where the car sits now..and where I'd like to leave it.. ill have to measure the distance to the ground on the torsion bar rail.. I know the rear wheel opening is 23".. the k member and is about 3 inches from the ground and I'm OK with that.. I can't raise my motor anymore because the turbo and throttle body elbow is like 1/4 inch from the hood.. my tires are about 3 inches from the engine bay sheet metal.

Yea I'd say your quite a bit further down the road than the average builder ....looks awesome.

Thanks guys. Yeah it should make decent power.. and I'd love to have a hdk under it.. should handle 170+ mph trap speeds better than the kit I have now..

According to Al Gore there should be an "E" on the end of the word POTATO.

According to Al Gore there should be an "E" on the end of the word POTATO.

I think that was Dan Quale.

I'm pretty sure Al is the inventor of the internet and global warming.....around the same time, mind you!

I think that was Dan Quale.

I'm pretty sure Al is the inventor of the internet and global warming.....around the same time, mind you!

His most famous blunder occurred when he altered 12-year old student William Figueroa's correct spelling of "potato" to "potatoe" at the Muñoz Rivera Elementary School spelling bee in Trenton, New Jersey, on June 15, 1992.[16][17] Quayle was widely lambasted for his error. According to the New York Times[18] and his memoirs, he was relying on cards provided by the school, which Quayle claims included the misspelling. Quayle said he was uncomfortable with the version he gave, but did so because he decided to trust the school's incorrect written materials instead of his own judgment.

You are correct...again

Sorry...this is more unrelated to the thread than throwing "Torsion bar's" into a "What's the best Coil over suspension" question"

stirthepot.gif
stirthepot.gif
stirthepot.gif

Is here any news on the early A units? I was going to do a clone of my 66 in convertible form, but am now thinking about slamming it after reading this entire thread!! Geof

Is here any news on the early A units? I was going to do a clone of my 66 in convertible form, but am now thinking about slamming it after reading this entire thread!! Geof

Geof, thank you again for the Christmas gift(4 K-fram bolts)! I hope your vacation went well..

Mark

how soon do you need it?....I will be building several in my next batch.

-
Back