Hemidenny K member club?

-
go to mustangsteves.com and get a set of old 70'sish hubs, 1996 13in rotors and twin piston calipers. alot cheaper, avalible at any autoparts store. good stoping power.

Does the caliper bolt straight on to the spindle or is a bracket needed? You say 1996....I'm going to assume you are talking about the cobra model..correct?

not sure how to respond to the last two posts....appears to be a mix-up or my ol' timers is getting the best of me.

Ok. I am trying to figure out how to get big brakes on the cheap. Cody's setup sounds like the cheapest way. I have the 70's mustang hubs already. I was wondering if there is an adaptor needed for the cobra caliper to bolt to the M2 dropped spindle. The Dr Diff uses an adaptor for the caliper to bolt to the stock mopar spindle.

Also will a 17x8 wheel with 5.72 backspace work on this front end?

Ok. I am trying to figure out how to get big brakes on the cheap. Cody's setup sounds like the cheapest way. I have the 70's mustang hubs already. I was wondering if there is an adaptor needed for the cobra caliper to bolt to the M2 dropped spindle. The Dr Diff uses an adaptor for the caliper to bolt to the stock mopar spindle.

I am also interested in this. I may upgrade my set up

I am thinking the wheel will work.....how the tire (width /height) you choose might be another story based on where the hub is placed to allow full lock to lock.....my testing leads me to believe a 26 to 26.5 tall tire on that rim will work with the hub placed optimum

yes the kit from mustang steves comes with brackets to mount caliper to spindles. by far the best working big brake setup with out spending $1000plus. and you can get parts from the parts store.

mustang steve kit will only work with MII spindles for hemidenny kit not factory k member.

I have a truck im working on to get to paint soon and I have a gig with a local boat supplier that im doing custom stereos. im gona get back on it soon. I need to mock up the rear suspension soon to get a roller.

Put my hdk in this weekend, bought it over a year ago. Lower control arm shaft ,pivot rod has extra length am I missing a bushing? Nwdart

Attachments

• image.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 629
The extra length would be for the rear brace option.

I do have updated LCA pivot shafts in both lengths IN STOCK. Please PM me your address and I will send you whichever set you need ....no charge.

Stopped out at HDK this morning. One of several K's getting ready for shipment.
The round green stickers say "R" and "L".....just like Denny's gloves.

DennysLast2013028_zps8efa76b3.jpg

Awesome , So will Fit the Australian A Body R/H drive Valiants????????

The stickers in that picture were just denoting the orientation (it was a LH drive model).

HDK does offer a RH drive variant and several have been sent to Australia (pictured).

Purchasers report that it has already passed the Austrailian inspection process.

[URL="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y93/OLDMOPAR/HDK%20Updates/WPART1_zpsdce928a6.jpg"][/URL]

same price also....send me an e-mail for complete info or my phone number if preferred, to discuss your build and how HDK can be a part of it.

[email protected]

Denny

Mark me down as a member of the HDK club.....or actually the number one member of the HDKX club! I can't wait to get this thing in and start figuring out everything else. What a great foundation to start with.

I enjoyed visiting with Denny and being able to crawl under his silver beast. I hope you were able to get the drool mopped up! That thing is nothing but gorgeous!

This X-tra badazz unit should hold up to all I'll be able to throw at it on the track. And if my measurements are right, I think the low profille 17" tires on 9.5" wheels are going to fit, even with the 2" drop. I might lose a little turning radius, or I might have to bump out the fenders a bit.

Not to start figuring out how to tie all the pieces together.

Thanks again Denny, your attention to detail is incredible!

Thanks Denny, I will go for the rear brace set up, getting exited but still have a lot to finish. Running 1/8 mile charity benefit on the 9th at my moms little retirement community private airstrip.

Mark me down as a member of the HDK club.....or actually the number one member of the HDKX club! I can't wait to get this thing in and start figuring out everything else. What a great foundation to start with.

I enjoyed visiting with Denny and being able to crawl under his silver beast. I hope you were able to get the drool mopped up! That thing is nothing but gorgeous!

This X-tra badazz unit should hold up to all I'll be able to throw at it on the track. And if my measurements are right, I think the low profille 17" tires on 9.5" wheels are going to fit, even with the 2" drop. I might lose a little turning radius, or I might have to bump out the fenders a bit.

Not to start figuring out how to tie all the pieces together.

Thanks again Denny, your attention to detail is incredible!

and ..thank you, Dave, it was great to meet and chew the fat with you also.

Looking forward to seeing you tear up the asphalt.

Denny

Thanks Denny, I will go for the rear brace set up, getting exited but still have a lot to finish. Running 1/8 mile charity benefit on the 9th at my moms little retirement community private airstrip.

no problem, up-dated pivot shafts / axles for optional rear support brace will be sent tomorrow.

thanks,
Denny

New member of the HDK club. Denny was great to deal with and really knows his stuff. The quality of the components are second to none. After comparing all the options for aftermarket k member suspensions the HDK was the right choice.

-
Back