Hockey Day In Canada

-
We're looking pretty good after 1 tonight ,even with the refs helping your boy's out -that Burrows deserves olympic gold -for diving that is . Why do you guy's always go to "there was only 6 teams when " they all count man and zero is still zero we didn't wait 40 years for our first .

Bring Back The Jets!!!!!!!!!!!!

images.jpg

We're looking pretty good after 1 tonight ,even with the refs helping your boy's out -that Burrows deserves olympic gold -for diving that is . Why do you guy's always go to "there was only 6 teams when " they all count man and zero is still zero we didn't wait 40 years for our first .

Of course they all count, just a lot easier to win with only 6 teams. If there were 30 teams back then the Leafs may have never won a cup, or another way to look at it, if the Canucks were one of those six they too would have won a cup, or many cups, afterall they all did. A real world example is the CFL

How about those Canucks!!!!
:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

5 unanswered goals!
Sedins/Burrows were beasts
Rayzor with the two-period shutout
Beating the Maple Laffs in the "centre of the universe"...Priceless!

How about those Canucks!!!!
:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

5 unanswered goals!
Sedins/Burrows were beasts
Rayzor with the two-period shutout
Beating the Maple Laffs in the "centre of the universe"...Priceless!

Yup 2 goals for Burrows,Daniel,and 1 for Henrik. Thier line combined for 9 points.

Better luck next year Leafs...

All I can say is my leafsssssssssss lost again LOL whats new.Good thing I am FU@#$%^ loaded right now who caressssssssssssssssssss.

The Marlies lost too. To the Amerks of course!

I knew it!!! They get spotted a 1st period 3 goal lead and blew it!! Maybe I should have said they dont have an inspired player that can play for 60 minutes!! Typical leaf fashion.....I like the canucks, but I think when it comes down to it, they dont have what it takes to be kissin Lord Stanley.

As I have said before I would trade Vessa Lossalot for a punch in the face and a kick in the *** to be named later well the Ducks gave us Giguere and a pick for him- suckers .Hey Cowtown thanks for Phaneuf ,Sjostrom and Aulie for White , Mayers ,Hagman and Stajan - sure hate to give up Stajan and Hagman but White is sloppy and Mayers a whinny sloppy biatch so it seems a fair trade far both teams ,Hagman can be real good but likes to pass the puck blindly to the other team a lot ,like I said above life sure looks better in the morning light.

P.S. Come on Ragtop what do you expect after a road game the night before and 4 games in 6 nights playing a fast team who had 2 days rest ,They played real strong and it was a game till the refs took over with the invisible penalties and the sucked the gas out of the tank ,We should be the ones holding a press conference after the BS calls we've seen the last 5 games but that's hockey you could see the guy's lost a stride speed whys round about the mid point of the second even if you kill the BS penalty the energy burned doing it can't be replaced and it caught up to them .Lets see what bringing in 2 big bull D men adds to the team.

I knew it!!! They get spotted a 1st period 3 goal lead and blew it!! Maybe I should have said they dont have an inspired player that can play for 60 minutes!! Typical leaf fashion.....I like the canucks, but I think when it comes down to it, they dont have what it takes to be kissin Lord Stanley.

Really? So whats it gonna take?...Right now they look like they could go all the way to the cup,and are virtually unstoppable.Im gonna wait and see how this 14 game road trip goes. The road trip puzzle is the one they need to solve.

Really? So whats it gonna take?...Right now they look like they could go all the way to the cup,and are virtually unstoppable.Im gonna wait and see how this 14 game road trip goes. The road trip puzzle is the one they need to solve.

Well for starters it's going to take a team that doesn't give up three in the first to the Leafs lol just kidding the Cannucks look real good this year but they just seem to be missing something intangible and they seem to be a team that stumbles if they lose a player where as it always works out that the winner at the end gets past the inevitable lost players and gets it done any ways , it will be interesting to see how the season plays out after the Olympics with the leagues role players getting a big rest while the superstars keep banging each other for gold , could be a whole new crop of stars emerge rested and ready to rock .

I think they have solved the injured player thing. Thier backup defence just shines and gets the job done. I think team depth has increased enough.What puzzles me is the dismal road record. I mean thier #1 at home,but 26th on the road? If they dont figure it out on this huge,record setting road trip they never will.

Well for starters it's going to take a team that doesn't give up three in the first to the Leafs lol just kidding the Cannucks look real good this year but they just seem to be missing something intangible and they seem to be a team that stumbles if they lose a player where as it always works out that the winner at the end gets past the inevitable lost players and gets it done any ways , it will be interesting to see how the season plays out after the Olympics with the leagues role players getting a big rest while the superstars keep banging each other for gold , could be a whole new crop of stars emerge rested and ready to rock .

So going on a 7 game winning streak against mostly quality opponents (Chicago, Buffalo for example) with three of their top four D-Men out isn't impressive?

I know Casey. Some people have no faith,lol. They are a much improved team this year,and last year were good enough to go 6 games in the second playoff round against the Blackhawks.They have as much speed as the Hawks now,and Raycroft has worked out excellent as Lou's understudy. Baumgartener,Rome,all the backup D are experienced and play like it.

This year they have not one good line but two with Keslers line having Samualson. The third line,if it lives up to it's potential will also be as big a threat as the second. Dimitra just got back,Wellwoods in one of his slumps. Lookout when they start to score,cuz they will.

And lets not forget they beat Chitown,Pittsburg and Washington.

still say watch out for the unknown { and no I don't know why my computer suddenly started in Italics and now stopped weird } there's a lot of good players getting a big rest and rehab break while the big dogs keep banging I wouldn't be surprised to see a marginalized team { no I'm not talking Leafs here } with little to no players on an olympic roster find their stride and fresh legs enough to make a run against the tired favorites , maybe even a couple of teams end up bumping say a tired Washington that has shown they can run just as cold as they are hot { heck even we beat em } how many Nucks are on national teams any ways ?

PS we've beat Washington and Pittsburgh a couple of times this year , not sure about Chicago I'll have to check on that one but the only place thats getting us this spring is Disneyland LOL , thats why they play the games anyone can beat anyone

Wow!! how prophetic. We got Calgarys good defenseman, the Flames got all our crap...except for Ian White. Wish we could have kept him.

As long as they don't call us the Flames 2 eh! LOL with you on the trade but I would rather keep Stajan than White , White seems to have caught that "I'll pass the puck to no-one on the half boards so the other team can get it back in our end " disease , looks like we took on about 3 mil more than we gave away between both deals but the guys we gave away are all UFA next year { except Hagman } so it's probably a wash money wise as the guy's we got are all signed for at least next year ,some for longer and Burke says the store is still open I just hope he finds what he's looking for and lets them play together for a year or 2 before dumping the apple cart again I think that hurts a team more than a losing season

Biog game coming for Vancouver on Teusday.Last time they playing the Nuck's waxed em 7-1? I IIRC.

Montreal is looking to get even on the screamin Canucks.#2 road game but they have had 4 days off.I think I say "Game on!!!".

Too bad it's ppv in my area.

Major shakeup: Leafs land Phaneuf, Giguere

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2010/01/31/leafs_flames_trades/

Wylde1.
Yeah Buddy early reports didn't include Blake in the Lossalot deal but that makes it better money wise Blake was 4 mil in wasted cash for the next 5or6 years so now we dumped 15 mil and took on 14 mil adding 1mil to the 5.2 mil we were already under the cap and we got some serious cash left to spend , Burke says he's still looking to take on somebody elses cap problem which means we could see at least one more big dollar guy come our way just so somebody else can deal of some cap space to buy a kovulchuk { probably spelled wrong but you know who I mean} for a stretch run .Add to that the fact that everybody we've grabbed today has a year or more left on their current contract while the guys we dumped were all UFA {except Hagman}at the end of the year and our payroll is pretty well locked in instead of having 2/3 of the team renegotiating at the end of the year ala Vancouver with 19 Free Agents and a dozen or so guys locked in , O and lets not forget Giggy gets to play for the goaltending coach who took him to 2 finals and 1 cup you know that had to have some bearing on his play this year.

PS needsaresto try ATDHV.net or justin.tv you'll find it there the Justin site will have it in the sports channels area and atdhv will have the link on the first page that loads sometimes you have to switch links in the middle of the game

Lol,those two sites are my usual first ones I check.Looks like the game is around 7:30 ish,so probably 4;00 on the west coast.

Is this the typical Leafs fan? Sorry... had to.....

WOW your good at that photoshop stuff you got that outfit right on the Sens captain ,I'll differ further comment too the graphic I posted on the previous page depicting cup numbers

-
Back