holy s**t

-
didnt look that bad to me? look nice in the pics

i hate it when that happens, i've had that happen a few times myself, seeing the car in pics and it looks great then seeing it in person and well, you know the rest of the story, just call it a learning experience i guess. good luck on finding a car!!

ya there isnt to many to choose from im just doning the ones in my price range

71dodge, that 75 looks pretty clean, would be a cool car to do something with. but like i was talking about before pictures can often be deceiving, like who knows the body may look good but lay down on your back and take a look at the frame and floors and there might be nothing left. you never know right.

There were some nice cars on racing junk try that.

Ad #1747130 racing junk,perfect big block candidate.

Sorry to hear that it didn't work out .But you have the right idea. Have patience get a car that if it needs work it is within your skill set to repair.Or just wait till you find a turn key driver that is within your budget .Best of luck to you!

Ad #1713235 racing junk,perfect big block candidate.

Dylan, I am really not trying to be a debbie-downer, but you said that you wanted something you could get in and drive, and then you said you were going to use that big block and drop it into whatever you buy next. You're digging the SAME hole you did with the Dart. Either you want a car to drive, or you want a project. Sorry to say your big block swap is going to be a project, and at your rate you won't have anything to drive at all if you don't stop trying to tear things apart.

im not going to tear anythhing apart a motor swap with all the parts is a weekend thing providing all parts are there and thats what i will do when i find (the car)

im not going to tear anythhing apart a motor swap with all the parts is a weekend thing providing all parts are there and thats what i will do when i find (the car)

You think you are going to swap a slant 6 or small block car over to a big block in a weekend... sorry man but that's not happening (assuming you want to do the work yourself), and I think even if you did manage to do that it would be a half-a** job. TAKE YOUR TIME. Find something you can drive, get a side project.

well just got back from clearwater with no car. we pull up and he car is sitting there the sail panels gone the passenger side floors gone 1/4's gone trunk and trunk lid gone the car was 75% mud and bondo and the other 25% was rust when you opened the trunk and looked under where the dutchmen panel is there was dried bondo that was just hanging there like an icical the seats were all torn and beat the A/C didnt work the motor ran like crap the car would be worht about 500 if that so we drove all that way for nothing it sucks
There are some sorry folks out there 71dodge
I drove 21/2 hours to look at a auto that was suppose to have a small rust hole the size of a pensile eraser :angry7: and a driver :angry7: good to go and just needed better tires :???:
A long story short I could reach through the bed panel with my hand and grab the brake line :wack:
It was hard to hold my tough :argue: I does suck!!
Take your time and and be careful 8) The car you pick will be like picking a child to be with you the rest of your life to feed your need of the hobby 8)

lol then why didn't you do that to your 71? Sorry but bearings, brakes, and some drivetrain work and you would have had a running car. Like I said go buy a honda.

I mean I still don't understand what was wrong with your 71. Rust free just needed the drivetrain and brakes gone through. Sorry but your just going to buy another project and get frustrated and sell it again. It's nice for guys looking for a decent project that you'll be sending out a good project car to a fabo member soon but your never going to have the cool ride your looking for.

buy a honda and forget the work. Sell the 383 and learn a bit of patience.

lol then why didn't you do that to your 71? Sorry but bearings, brakes, and some drivetrain work and you would have had a running car. Like I said go buy a honda.

I mean I still don't understand what was wrong with your 71. Rust free just needed the drivetrain and brakes gone through. Sorry but your just going to buy another project and get frustrated and sell it again. It's nice for guys looking for a decent project that you'll be sending out a good project car to a fabo member soon but your never going to have the cool ride your looking for.

I tried to get him to buy a rampage, omni, or charger (one of the 80s dodges) but he is dead set on having an A-body, so there's no changing his mind there.

In his other thread Waggin said the rust on the 71 was a whole lot worse than it looked in the pics. Even Waggz is just going to use the parts off of it and get rid of the rest I believe.

and stop torturing us, sell the dart to buy that bucket of a charger, never mind, keep the dart, sell the dart, dads ramcharger, scamp, sell the dart, big block swaps...just yesterday this Scamp was the best thing since sliced bread. don't want to be the one to piss in your cheerios, but all this stuff takes $$$$. man you are making my head hurt. got to ask this, are you earning the funds it will take to do any of this?

-
Back