holy s**t

-
I tried to get him to buy a rampage, omni, or charger (one of the 80s dodges) but he is dead set on having an A-body, so there's no changing his mind there.

In his other thread Waggin said the rust on the 71 was a whole lot worse than it looked in the pics. Even Waggz is just going to use the parts off of it and get rid of the rest I believe.

Well I can tell you like I said before I've had my 68 since I was 14 I'm 21 as of a week and a half ago. Think I don't want it done? I'd had it for sale 3 times the whole time I've had it. I finally have a plan set in stone. I'm building it to run on the street and hit the road courses, The ultimate goal? I want to run the pikes peak hill climb. I still have a long road to go before the car will be raceable. Patience. It's a hard lesson to learn but once you learn it your better off.

Honestly I'm not trying to be an *** but back in highschool I had the same plan. I wanted to get my car running driving and painted in a summer before coming back to school. Never happened.

ive got a 72 340 3 speed all number match needs restore has rust in floors and trunk i have most sheet metal 8 3/4 rear 4000.00

There is a 71 6 Swinger Dart up the road from me for $900. The car does seem to run(there is a shiny new muffler on it). It does have some rust on it but it's not that bad of a car. I'm sure he'll go down on the price.

Well I can tell you like I said before I've had my 68 since I was 14 I'm 21 as of a week and a half ago. Think I don't want it done? I'd had it for sale 3 times the whole time I've had it. I finally have a plan set in stone. I'm building it to run on the street and hit the road courses, The ultimate goal? I want to run the pikes peak hill climb. I still have a long road to go before the car will be raceable. Patience. It's a hard lesson to learn but once you learn it your better off.

Honestly I'm not trying to be an *** but back in highschool I had the same plan. I wanted to get my car running driving and painted in a summer before coming back to school. Never happened.

Yeah but that Dart was pretty much gone... that's the impression I am getting anyway. I agree on the patience thing, but ya gotta have a reasonable project to start with.

There is a 71 6 Swinger Dart up the road from me for $900. The car does seem to run(there is a shiny new muffler on it). It does have some rust on it but it's not that bad of a car. I'm sure he'll go down on the price.
Sounds like one to check out, Dylan :cheers: For Dylan rather... you know what I mean

Ive drivin 12 hours one way to georgia to buy a 69 dodge dart custom. Guy said it was in good shape very little rust etc. Get there interior was originaly green spray bombed black, Engine had noise that sounded like a rod knocking, Wasnt a straight rust free bondo free panel on the car, trunk floor was gone, Door strikers welded on and looked terrible. He thought this car was worth $6500. He asked me what I thought and I told him the truth and he got mad lol. So I ended up wasting about $300 in gas for nothing.

Let me know and I'll go over and talk to the guy and see what's up with the car. I'll get his number also and pass it to you.

Let me know and I'll go over and talk to the guy and see what's up with the car. I'll get his number also and pass it to you.
i would but im not in GA and thats quite a drive for a car my dad wouldnt do that i wouldnt waste his time thanks anyways

71dodge you're just gonna have to keep your eyes out and wait for the right car. I'm a young guy as well and was really looking for a car that had already been painted, i didn't care if it had no drivetrain, if it was painted i could do the rest. Well after about a year and a half of searching sale sites and auto traders i found a 74 scamp. It was 3 hours away and it looked good in the pics so heck me dad and my uncle took the money out of the bank and drove down to see what it's all about. Long story short that car is now sitting in my garage with the /6 nearly out and a 360 ready to go in, right place at the right time, the body is pretty good, underneath is pretty clean and anything questionable had already been replaced for new stuff. My point is, is that be patient and you'll find what you're looking for, it might take a while, mine certainly did, but in the end you'll be much happier with what you got then if you buy the first "good deal" you see. Oh and listen to the other guys, doing an engine swap isn't a weekend job, no matter what anyone says. I've been pulling mine apart for nearly a month now and the /6 isn't even out yet, and that's the easy part, things go wrong, you don't have as much time to work on it, whatever, it all takes time, and there's always an unexpected problem. Anyways good luck and keep looking!!

ya ill just wait it out and i will NEVER buy a honda or any import EW

ya ill just wait it out and i will NEVER buy a honda or any import EW

LOL, I drive a Honda CRV 4x4 when I go scouting for Mopar cars. It can go about anywhere and do it without a pocket full of $$$$ for gas since it gets about 24 MPG. It can even haul my Mopar parts back home.

It sits out in the weather while the Mopars are sitting in the nice dry shop.

Am I suggesting you to buy a Honda? No, I am telling you that there is a use for them to save a Mopar.

LOL, I drive a Honda CRV 4x4 when I go scouting for Mopar cars. It can go about anywhere and do it without a pocket full of $$$$ for gas since it gets about 24 MPG. It can even haul my Mopar parts back home.

It sits out in the weather while the Mopars are sitting in the nice dry shop.

Am I suggesting you to buy a Honda? No, I am telling you that there is a use for them to save a Mopar.

Lol my new parts runner is an 87 chevette I got for free from oldkimmer. Works great for winter beater/parts runner.

Bummer about the scamp. Good luck with your search. Sometimes its worth traveling a little to get a good deal. I had to travel a good deal to get my Dart, but it was well worth it. But on the other hand, sometimes a good deal can be found right where you live. Its worth it to network with other people with Mopars that are nearby, maybe they know of someone with a car they may want to sell. Sometimes the best cars are not advertised. Sometimes throwing a wanted Add on CL will work.

A willingness to travel a bit could cut down the time required to find the right car. Once in a great while you may find yourself in the right place at the right time, but generally it's a trade-off guided by priorities.

Motivation
Opportunity
Means

Define the objective and engage it.

It's disappointing but now you know why it's so important to look a car before you start thinking it's the right car for you. Now you can start fresh looking for a good car. Ever thought of an early-a? I've been using mine as a daily, it just keeps going. Can't fit a big block but still fun, even a /6.
BIG BLOCKS DO FIT, Schumacher makes the mounts.

engine%20top%20view.JPG

im really thinking about the 75 dart sport that would be the altimate 383 sleeper no body wuld know until i spanked them off the line lol i migth go take a peek at it saturday

really if you want a good car to build into the ultimate daily driver sleeper,it will start as a slant six no frills beater with a clean body,then as you get the thing running and driving with good brakes and steering then tag and title and drive it where you need to go while you get the body ready for a paint job a section at a time and pickup interior pieces a part at a time.using it for your daily driver all along the way,passing gas stations with ease and getting the driving experience you need ,instead of numerouse speeding, tickets,careless driving tickets for spinning tires or barking second gear etc.as soon as you throw the 383 sleeper into the equasion before the car is done and driving and painted and nice interior it goes from lil' projects to massive progect and cant afford to put gas in it and insurance price is out of this world and then it's in a kazillion pieces all over the garage and sold due to lack of interest/funds/time to work on it,instead of taking "baby step's" just dive in with no well thought out planning.....seriously...."Baby step's will get the job done faster and more efficiently.so I would advise you to get a slant powered car or a beater car for daily driver and a project on the side,walkin or being broke just aint fun.and I'm sure most members here have a daily driver and a project on the side or finished Hot Rod as a secondary vehichle

-
Back