How about a "back in the day my dad whooped some butt!" Thread?

-

greymouser7

Vagrant Vagabond “Veni Vidi Vici”
Reaction score
Work is kickin' my assets and the guys were blowin' off steam with the one-up stories about how (either) their dads' whooped their own assets when they messed up, stood up (to their dad), or somebody else messed up-messin' with the old man.

These are probably a dying line of stories in this political correct era, but I feel that the moral/ethical values of the past leave the prim and proper path of this period wanting.

The guys at work were talking about bowin' up to their dad and waking up after they thought they were about to fight the old man-not terribly impressive but I am sure there are better stories out there. I believe the oldman's quote was, "You can do what you want in my house when YOU can whoop MY @$$." My old man beat up 6 high-schoolers all at the same time when they went to TP our house (midnight) because mom "gave" them bad grades-collegiate wrestler-which sucked for me during my high school years as well.

Let's tell some oldman stories!

my biological dad left when I was seven, my oldman, father is my stepdad-mean son of a Beep! that he was-there ain't allot of good "Fathers" in this baby-daddy culture
i am not sure if war didn't get half of them

well once i went to the movies with a couple of friends before baseball "allstars practice" ... the movie ran longer than it was supposed to so i was pretty late.

well the coach, my coach during regular season, told me to sit and watch... and so i did...

and when i got home i got the first and only belting i ever got... i think i was maybe 14...

i was never late to another practice lol...

the bummer was i really didn't want to miss the practice... b-ball was my life before i hurt my elbow...

I always knew growing up not to f with my dad. One that sticks in my mind was when he got involved in running a dirt car. The friend he was partnered up with got a pretty bad cut one night that required stitches. They took him to the ER. He was pretty well lit and not cooperating with the nurse trying to clean him up. She came out complaining about it and dad told her to hold on. He walked in, tapped his buddy on the shoulder and when he turned around cold cocked him. Walked back out and told the nurse he would cooperate now.

and when i got home i got the first and only belting i ever got... i think i was maybe 14... .

You only got belted once? how? -just one page in a chapter:
everytime i messed up soon after i put marijuana in dad's barbeque pit i got belted for any minor offense LOTS AND LOTS OF BELTING!
you must have been a good kid or highly entertained

everytime i messed up soon after i put marijuana in dad's barbeque pit i got belted for any minor offense LOTS AND LOTS OF BELTING!

lol... i was really good at not getting caught for most of the stuff ive done...

but mostly mischievous stuff not illegal...

had 70 camero in high school,put a fresh rebuild in it .So POPs wants to take it for a drive. after about a hour he cames back with a couple of bent valves. says to me'' ISN"T THAT THE WAY YOU DROVE MY CARS'' all i could do was start taking the motor back out. I love my POPs for teaching me good lessons in life .

OK, here is one for ya.

My Father in law, now divorced, married this women named Nancy, ("Not Mom-in-law") who intro'd me to her dad and since I'm a car nut, hot rodder and basic go fast guy we had a instant click. Listening to him was great. An excellent guy and a very nice man was the top icing for this guy to say the least. His only advice to me was, "Stop playing with them small blocks and when your serious, about going fast, we'll talk." But chat on we did.

As my Father-in-laws wife (Not Mom-in-law) Nancy put it,
"It wasn’t long before dad was barreling down the road in his ‘baby’ now equipped with this ‘baby Chrysler’.

As dad was driving over to see his buddies... Mike saw him coming around the corner and laughingly said... "Here comes Charlie Dodge!" That was it! The name stuck, Charlie ‘Dodge’ was born.

The Tasmanian Devil was one of Dad's favorite cartoon character's. He would laugh and joke about how he would appear and tear the road up. When the dust settled, there the Taz would be. With his hand over his mouth, a little burp would escape. "Opp's. Excuse me." Followed by a cute sideways grin... "How could you not love him?!"

I remember him telling this story.... Naming the car The Tasmanian Devil was perfect! It sure gave an interesting twist to watching cartoons with Dad... :)

Any old school guys remember that car?

Charlie is in the Hall of Fame of Drag Racing. The best story I heard was when he was a younger man, experimenting with the HEMI and the "New" fuel (Nitro), the town Police were kind enuff and (LOL) I'm sure curious enuff to act on this, close down the street's in the area so they could "TEST" the car.

"Tech Talk" was always a short talk, since it was really family day, the hobby would wait. And to be honest, 15 minutes of "Tech Talk" could have your head bound up for a few weeks if the topic was a weak one for you.

Others include working at Chrysler in there dyno room in the early days playing with turbo's on 4 cylinders. Racing around the country, setting up street grudge matches for money. And you bet it was big.

Sadly, he has passed. I never was able to get the funds together for a serious project. Something was certainly missed there. but the talk only kept my mind working and inquiring.

Just click Them;

He made a few Mag covers back in the day with the Pacers and himself.
http://www.charliedodgehagenmayer.com/id97.html

http://charliedodge.com/

2008 Pacers East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame Induction, Henderson, NC, October 17-19th.

Anybody remember A.J.Foyt? Dig this lil'fact;
Year; 1987 Charlie (56) helps complete the Oldsmobile Aerotech record setting car. (4 cylinder engine, 1000 hp ‘Powered by a highly turbo-charged version of the 2 liter Oldsmobile Quad 4 engine’) A.J. Foyt drove it to a closed course speed record (257.123 mph) setting two records - unlimited engine and under 2 liters (1998 cc).

I sure hope I can go to heaven and play with Charlie & his toys.

There, that outta keep ya busy for a few days. ;)

Luckily, my Dad was a lover not a fighter, but Mom.....damn, She wacked me with everything from a snow-fence slat, to a piece of Hot Wheels track. She could probably still take me:violent1:

the next time he had the nerve to fire up the barbeque pit, he was so focused on finding marijuana in the pit during the pre-fire-up-inspection, that he failed to notice that I had soaked some of the wood in gasoline for weeks. His PHD educated face was enlightened with God's Hellfire after he lit the match-No eye brows for a long time. THat same Hellfire was transposed onto my backside with God's same wrath-and some of dad's as well.

They were the worst of times, they were the best of times!

Me, my brother and two sister buried my dad's belt in the back yard....of course, he just used another one. :( That said, he only wailed on us when we really F'd up. And "back in the day" dad was a real bad a$$. He was a lineman. Climbed poles using spikes and scaled high tension lines before "bucket trucks" were used. He and his climbing buddies were all nutz.

Me, my brother and two sister buried my dad's belt in the back yard....of course, he just used another one. :( That said, he only waile don us when we really F'd up.

my grandma told me stories of finding all the yard sticks my dad broke into 3" peices... lol

Luckily, my Dad was a lover not a fighter, but Mom.....damn, She wacked me with everything from a snow-fence slat, to a piece of Hot Wheels track. She could probably still take me:violent1:
and, you are not alone. my mother used to wack the s*it out of me with that bright orange HOT WHEELS race track . needless to say , the track disappeared and next christmas i got some SSPs, the red cuda and yellow bird. anyone remember THOSE ?

and, you are not alone. my mother used to wack the s*it out of me with that bright orange HOT WHEELS race track . needless to say , the track disappeared and next christmas i got some SSPs, the red cuda and yellow bird. anyone remember THOSE ?

SSP's? or SST's? crash bang smash em up? Or am I way off?

SSP's? or SST's? crash bang smash em up? Or am I way off?
i think they were ssp (super starting power) and then they had the crash bang ones that pieces would fly off when they hit something, my mom HATED those things, they also had ones that threw sparks, so the NEXT year i got my first 1/25 scale 67 ford fairlane glue together model kit lol...SUPERIOR >RARE EDITION SMASH UP DERBY KENNER SSP DEMOLITION JUNK JAMMERS COMPLTE

Attachments

• ssp.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 319
i think they were ssp (super starting power) and then they had the crash bang ones that pieces would fly off when they hit something, my mom hated those things, they also had ones that threw sparks, so the next year i got my first 1/25 scale 67 ford fairlane glue together model kit lol...superior >rare edition smash up derby kenner ssp demolition junk jammers complte

way cool!

My Dad was a prison guard, and in charge of the violent offenders ward/block.
Good man, strong man, and it got loose here and there on the rest of the family.
Not usually physically though, just demanded certain things be a certain way that was usually for the best of the family.
Just took me 30 years to realize it.

Now he's an 80 year old 160 lb old man in a hoveround.
He was a 6 foot 2 inch 250lb prison guard with arms as big as my legs.

A little sad, but I still get told "I love you" whenever I see him.
He lives a mile and a half from me.

Not a very good subject. I took some pretty good beatings till I moved out at 16.

-
Back