How do I remove the front fenders?

-

Judge Mills

1971 Plymouth Duster
Reaction score
71' Duster... I think I removed all the bolts. I don't want to pull too hard, but it looks like there is an adhesive used between the fender wall and the fender. How do you remove the fenders?

pull the bottom bolts then peel the fender out slightly and with a long extension you can get to the cowl bolt easily

Aside from the obvious bolts on top and the very bottom, don't forget the little bolt inside above the tire or you'll never get it off. It's usually covered with a layer of gooey anti-rust stuff or mud.

Do you have a picture of the bolt on the cowl? I'm not looking at the moment, but I can't picture it. Thanks for the reminder about the bolt on the wheel! I pulled some fenders about 6 or 7 years ago at the junkyard, it seemed like those just came right off...

not really unless ya got lil midget surgeon hands like me.......just remove the two lower fender bolts and pull away from the car at the bottom then use long extension a deep 1/2 inch socket and a universal and it's piece of cake
is the bolt for the cowl accessible by opening the doors?

That stud can be accessed behind the tire by removing the spash shield, it faces down. It should be reused to adjust the height with shims, be sure to take note of what is there when removing, This nut also contributes to strengthening the unitize fron clip. Make sure you reglue the fender when reinsalling it, this is also used for strength, Steve

-
Back