How does the Rallye Dash Tach hookup?

-
Yeah the tach doesn't get a lot of light from anywhere.
While we're on the subject of tachometers.... The dense foam seal between its screen and can should be continuous and positioned to keep contaminates out.
Failure of the seal can contribute to instrument failure too.
I've seen only 1 of the OEM tachs that still had a seal in condition that sealed. Most of them have shrank with age. The cut ends no longer meet and it has fell into the instrument at 30 % or more of the circumference.

So I was able to pull two fuse connectors out of an old fueblock. I am thinking to put the left one into the open slot of the new fuse block, slap a 20A fuse in it and connect the blue wire from the tach.
attachment.php
...please say yes?

Attachments

• Abody Fuseblock Connections.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 74
You could do what you propose, I would NOT use a 20A fuse. That tach needs fractions of an amp. You will unlkely (maybe at Radio Shack) be able to buy very small 3AG fuses, say 2 1/2 or 5A

ANOTHER WAY you could have done this would be to hook a female QC to the spade at bottom right. This would give you "switched" power, then put a universal inline fuse holder in that line and off to the tach.

The whole problem is, 'these old girls' are TERRIBLY under fused.

That looks fine. The short stud is signal or sender and would be marked S on most any other gauge.
These 2 connections aren't marked on the gauge because the board they are mounted on can be inserted either way. too much info I'm sure. Carry on :)

-
Back