How Fast is Your Internet Connection?

-
According to the site this is a little bit better than average. I don`t game or do anything that would require crazy fast speeds so for the money this suits me just fine...... 19.75 down/4.39 up, ping 26 at 150 miles.

I thought this was a :poke:race.... :toothy10: Your DL speeds are pretty dang good BTW.

Pretty crappy really. I'm guessing you have Qwest DSL. Compare it to this...

I had that meter pegged beyond the redline...

ScreenHunter_02 Dec. 31 20.24.jpg

15.7 dn
1.82 up
25 ping
150 miles
what the heck is ping??

Ping is measure of latency that generally affected by the number "hops" that your connection must make before it hits the server. Although this is electricity that runs at the speed of light, data must be managed by a series of routers that must must look at a tremendous amount of data and decide which data packets go where. All this takes processing power and hence, time which is measured in milliseconeds.

Anything under 100ms is a good connection cabable of running voice. 40ms and under is exceptional.

Cool 0.99 down load
0.45 up load
73 ping Out of Jacton Tennessee 100 mi.

Mine is extremely slow, however I bet mine cost more than yours. $214 USD a month at the location I'm currently deployed to. It goes down constantly; in fact it went down in just the short time I was typing this and I only logged on 5 minutes ago. I know, isn't that crazy, but what are you going to do?
We are all thankful that you can even be here and we wish you a safe New Year and know that we have your back my friend.

Thanks,

Brad

Interesting,
I see the high end up/down/ping stats are all cable (T1 ?) not DSL...

-
Back