13.27 Download
0.92 Upload

1942394011.png

Here's mine.

Mine is a disaster
8.08 download
0.64 upload
26 ping
why the terrible upload ? is it my computer or the fact that i live on a tiny island with Centurytel internet .

Mine is a disaster
8.08 download
0.64 upload
26 ping
why the terrible upload ? is it my computer or the fact that i live on a tiny island with Centurytel internet .

Upload speed is as much a factor of your internet provider as anything.

FF

On the phone with my ISP and the larger cities get the better/faster servers. Distance from the server also plays a part in this

DL 6.04
UL .87
Ping 25
Grade C
Server Calgary
What the hell does this all mean anyway?
Be easy on me, i'm old!

DL 6.04
UL .87
Ping 25
Grade C
Server Calgary
What the hell does this all mean anyway?
Be easy on me, i'm old!

Ok, download si the speed that your computer downloads files/packets/****....er....pictures from the internet, generally, the higher the number, the better.

Upload is the speed at which your computer uploads pictures, packets, info etc TO the internet, also, the higher the better, but unless you do massive amounts of data transfers, you don't notice that much when you get past , eh, about 5mb/sec. These are generally measured in bits per second, or nowadays, megabits per second. a megabit is one million bits. a byte is generally know as 8 bits not random, all related, a word is 16 bits....well, you get the picture.

The "ping" number is the time it takes for a packet to leave your computer, navigate the internet to the computer at the other end, and then return to your computer. The lower the number, the better. This is measured in milliseconds, one millisecond is .001 second.

hope this helps

FF

Verizon DSL :banghead: About the fastest thing offered in my area and it keeps going up in price.

At the beginning of the year (Been with verizon for quite a few years) I was paying $20 a month, well pretty much every month since then they've continued to increase the price. When I paid my bill this month, it had gone up to $27 a month

Well !! this ded hed thread came back from the ...........ded

c0ecdc8389648edf10a1a7c125af28b89acd523a7d55439d41d669435036ff9c.jpg

Interesting didn't even look at the date as it popped up in "new post" this morning on my computer :scratch: lol

Have you ever tried to pour Mollassas at 50 below?
That Molasses is about as fast as my internet connection.:banghead:

-
Back