I am having a problem with another member

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
i do remember this being sold off a van you were parting. but how he took it as fitting a a-body, i have no clue, (if that was the case)

i do remember this being sold off a van you were parting. but how he took it as fitting a a-body, i have no clue, (if that was the case)

XS2 , the regulars all know he has been parting out this A 108 van, so its not like it was any kind of suprise. i too wonder if this was trying to be fitted into an A body

XS2 , the regulars all know he has been parting out this A 108 van, so its not like it was any kind of suprise. i too wonder if this was trying to be fitted into an A body

I wonder too

Ok so I sold a sterring box and pitmen are to mopar head on 07/02/12
He is saying that the box was locked up and a POS.

It is not my falt that he bought it and it would not work for what he was doing and he wants his money back.

I had 3 people that were there when I was taking it off. I have to turn the wheels to take it off and I also had to steer the van to get it on the trailer. This was in a running drivable van. I am not refunding you money because the part you got was in fine working order. I even cut the shaft like you asked so it would be cheaper to ship. If this part was not any good I would never have sold it to you.
Well you`re showing you imaturity and just had to go there huh?
I was`nt going to jump on here and start a bad seller thread, I was trying to work it out through PMs.
Just like I said in my last PM sometime you need to Man up and accept responsibility for your actions.
Let`s be factual here You screwed the box up because you did`nt know what you were doing and using improper tools to remove the box.
Plus I was cutting you some slack for your ignorance, and only asking half of what was paid.
Admitt it, You waled on the steering shaft with a hammer, causing mushrooming of threads-obvious.
You removed pittman with a hammer and chisle-obvious.
I can deal with the beat up pittman and threaded/splined shaft section, but when you beat the shaft you broke a ballbearing race inside the box sending race shards in to lock it up. Period! case closed, not USPSs fault.

I`m hopeing to find a rebuild kit to restore the box but have`nt had any luck as of yet.
If anyone knows of a place that would have these parts, it would be appreciated.
Like I said Keith, I`m a 52 year old man and you ain`t pulling no wool over my eyes.
You want to keep all the money? then send me a new race.
I`ll do the rest and we`ll call it even. sounds fair to me.
What say you fellow mopar brothers?
For all those wondering about trying to fit for A-body NO.
I`m trying to find a steering solution for a axle, same van, for my 52 gasser project.

Attachments

• part damage 005 (Small).jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 230
  • part damage 008 (Small).jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 227
  • part damage 009 (Small).jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 234
after seeing that, i would return it. of course i would have anyway. i gotta admit it looks pretty F'd up

Proof is in the pudding I see what moparhead is saying,ball is in your court seller.3 of us at the samre time lol.

I would say a full refund, counting shipping, is in order. Did I read that right, he is trying to blame some of the damage on the USPS?

Unless the OP denies that it was shipped in that condition, a refund is the order of the day.
It never hurt to get a picture of the box, good or bad!!

Full refund is in order shipping and all.

How can a man use something that is broke before it is even shipped to him?

well, 73dusterkid, you know me and you have no beef, but you knopw how they say "a picture says a thousand words", well, they do in this case. i have done exactly what you did to get it off!. i learned the hard way too.lol but you, my friend, destroyed it in the manner that you took it off. it is right there in the pics. if it was me, i would not waste my money to ship back, but refund all the money, and tell him to keep the part too, as there are not too many peoplle wanting to rebuild one. easier to just find another

WOW...I'm on mopar head's side...That for sure as hell aint no USPS shipping damage...JEEZE. Judging by your lack of experience in all the other threads you posted, it would leave me to believe that you quite possibly in fact DID hammer the pitman arm and steering shaft for removal...LOL

A full refund is in order...

well, 73dusterkid, you know me and you have no beef, but you knopw how they say "a picture says a thousand words", well, they do in this case. i have done exactly what you did to get it off!. i learned the hard way too.lol but you, my friend, destroyed it in the manner that you took it off. it is right there in the pics. if it was me, i would not waste my money to ship back, but refund all the money, and tell him to keep the part too, as there are not too many peoplle wanting to rebuild one. easier to just find another
i would agree with everything you said Joe, but the box is still worth something to someone ? maybe, idk, but i would at least want the part back with the refund, or keep it at good sized discounted price, but thats just me.

i would agree with everything you said Joe, but the box is still worth something to someone ? maybe, idk, but i would at least want the part back with the refund, or keep it at good sized discounted price, but thats just me.

I would have to agree with the damage report. Looks like a BFH damage to me. If you didn't know what you were doing then you should have never agreed to take the pitman arm off but you did so you need to make it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back