I have a question for everyone

-
If I go to a show it's to spectate only, I leave the cars at home.

Let me start out by saying that I enjoy this website and like looking at the builds and reading about the various things going on here.

But, here is my question?

When you go to a car show or a swap meet do you walk up to guys that have cars that don't meet YOUR EXPECTATIONS and tell them that they have the wrong radiator cap or the incorrect bumper on thier car.

Do you go up to the guy at the swap meet and ask him how much he paid for a part and tell him he's a f@#king rip cause he is selling for more money then he paid for it?

Everyone knows why I'm wondering?

I'm gonna guess you probably don't do this because alot of you would have a Non-numbers matching foot up your ***, and some incorrect bruising on your forehead.

So, why and the hell is it alright to get on a web forum and do these things? Well, I'm gonna tell ya, it's because your hiding behind a Key Board and it's easy to run your mouth when your not looking someone in the eyes.

Thanks

Bang #%$@ing on!

NOW--Try to explain to someone that I have a 70 Duster with a 2006 5.7 HEMI in it,That being said I've been torn to pieces HERE by members who say I'm STUPID to put a carb on my car because it's a fuel injected motor!!! HUH Take off the intake and tell the motor,Piston's,lifters,rods,crank hey your a Fuel injected part you don't work with a carb HUH I say let's take it to the track and see what happens!!!! My tastes are not your tastes !!!! It's called respect and few have it anymore!!!! I built MY car the way I wanted it and I mean no disrespect to anyone,In the end I built it for MY family to enjoy and that's what WE do.No it's not numbers matching and NO i don't have a BUILD sheet or a FENDER tag but It is still on the road and NOT chopped up or PARTED out.Car shows are for some people who enjoy that thing,For me I like driving out in the sticks and having fun with the money and time I put into the car. steve

...My tastes are not your tastes !!!! It's called respect and few have it anymore!!!! I built MY car the way I wanted it and I mean no disrespect to anyone,In the end I built it for MY family to enjoy and that's what WE do.No it's not numbers matching and NO i don't have a BUILD sheet or a FENDER tag but It is still on the road and NOT chopped up or PARTED out.Car shows are for some people who enjoy that thing,For me I like driving out in the sticks and having fun with the money and time I put into the car. steve

You read my mind. Enough said.

interesting thread.. i can't go to a car show without someone trying to pick apart my car.. when i ask them what they have in the show.. they say. oh oh ummmm..well i used to have...... but now they drive.... a schwinn(nothing wrong with a schwinn.. but you get my point. its my car.. i drive it.. clean it.. and built it.. FOR ME.. yes sometimes i see the brow beating on the forums..

Some cars that I see at mixed car shows that I find amusing and wonder what the heck was he thinking. But it's their car and they can do what they want, it's none of my business. I'm the original owner of my '72 340 Duster. I do have the original engine under the work bench and now have a small block built by Bob Lambeck Entrprise. It pumps out over 500hp and torque. And other mods to the car to handle the extra power, and yeah it's not stock, and, tough crap if someone doesn't like it. I do, and it's fast and fun to drive. I never complain if their car is what ever they say it is, so keep out of my business.

I have personally been involved in advising my friend who owns a shop not to tell his client that he got totally ripped off because not much of his "numbers matching" Vette was numbers matching. And besides it had a major accident with body and frame damage. My recommendation was to fix what it was brought in for and keep out of it. The customer might have the "kill the messenger" attitude and he would have definitely been the bad guy. This man paid way above the going price for a obnoxiously poor representation of a numbers car and Vettes are very expensive for an older model.

i dont give a crap what anyone thinks that i have my B Body console shifter bolted on top of my manual transmission hump or my B Body buckets. and i dont care that my 6 cylinder car with its original paint is now sporting a V8 and 727 and that my clutch pedal is still hanging down. and i dont care that my car didnt come with a go-wing or a dual snorkel scoop and now has one big *** hole cut in the hood with a jig saw. if they dont like it, they dont have to look. but if they are going to talk down about it, at least say it me. and so far, no one has said a word LOL thats my take on the whole car show thing

I read into the OP's original post that he was unhappy with comments made here on the site concerning either his car, or maybe a few comments directed at other peoples cars as he was reading through some other posts. If thats the case, he must have caught the few posts that may have sounded that way, but I don't think that is the tone on the site at all. Many's the time I've seen a newcomer introduce his car and get all positive reviews regardless of the condition or style of restoration. I think the site is one of the friendliest places to share our hobby, hands down!! I hope he wasn't offended by a post somewhere here on the site, that's just not the way we usually roll!!

As for the "car show" problem.... I haven't been to an actual "car show" in a number of years now, but I hit a lot of cruise-in's where the atmosphere is usually much more friendly. It seems that all marque car shows are few and far between around here, but cruise-in's are all the rage. Maybe the OP would enjoy the cruise-in atmosphere, and besides, it gives you a reason to drive your car everyday!!!

Just sayin'!! Geof

My first car in high school was a 68 roadrunner 440/4 speed fast as h--l but a real bondo bomb i loved that car,when i go to shows with my 66 cuda [older cosmetic resto] i respect everyones vehicle [i remember my roadrunner and how i loved it] no matter what it looks like i don't nitpick anyones car. My car is in fair condition not banged up but when i go to shows i feel like a turd in a punch bowl i don't go for trophys just to have something to do and show off my odd ball big back window. Honestly i do get a little jelous when i see a nice car and wish that i was able to do that to mine but it passes after talking to the owner and listen to how long it took and the amount of working overtime to get it to this state,i'm unable to get overtime plus i'm building a car with my son and i have realized that i'm not as young as i used to be [the aches and pains]. My cuda may never see me restoring it anytime soon i don't think at this point

Wow Ive never had any one pick a part my car its always thats a slant 6 i aint seen one of them in a long time ... But they loved doing it to my old rat dakota lol I dont know what happend but best of luck to ya bud

lol; simple answer " where's your car? let me critique it."

"it's at home"

"bs, you don't have one, and this is not jackson-barrett"

"But some things are not factory"

" I didn't re-store this 1970 car to be factory"

" but you are at a car show"

" Bubba, let me tell you one thing first; It's my car, I did what I wanted. The bs you have been running your mouth about came from the wrong page on your computer, or bench racing cars that you have never been around."

"but it's not original"

"bubba, I bought this 70 Duster brand new, my 61 yo azz knows that. Things happened, where it was not possible to bring it back to NOS, like your dumb azz could tell the difference between a regular k-member and a 340 k-member. Back off. Or you may be surprised what an old fart still has in him."

"no reason to get upset"

"really? you waltz your no-knowledge azz over here, and insult me? Does the tranny have a 1 or 3 wire switch for this year?"

"duh"

"but the rear end looks different"

about to go to jail, now

" you stupid ignorant arrogant azzhole; it took a bath in the Atlantic ocean when I was 22. The rear is back halved, coil overs, Dana and a 4 link. This ain't a pure virgin. It's a car show."

there are people who will come up and point out incorrect parts on your car, how they point them out may be a problem, and yes I would like to see their mopar. sometimes they know what they are talking about. sometimes they are so accustomed to what belongs that they forget not everything is perfect

I must be the fortunate one....

been to a lot of car shows/gatherings and never experienced someone knockin' me or my buddies cars (at the show...we're all buddies) on nit pickin crap....a lot of good natured ball bustin'.... but thats expected

'couse ...I wouldn't give a rats a$$ anyways....and come to think of it ...I do have selective hearing (once again...ask my wife)

My wife and I love car shows.. When we first started dating that was one of the first things we did together.. I didnt even own the Dart yet... I just love to walk around and look... I love what people do with their vehicles.. (Im not real fond of the nut jobs that do donuts and burnouts in a shopping center parking lot car show with a gazzillion kids walking around tho... but thats another thread) ... I like seeing the creativity.. Doesnt matter to me make or even model.. I mean I am a Mopar lover and I tend to gravitate to those more, but I like em all.. I like seeing the survivors, 100 point show cars, total customs, crazy paint, big blowers... I mean whatever your cup of tea is, I dont knock it and never will.. Some things are for me and some arent.. I will never walk up to anyones car and point out all thats wrong, or what wouldnt have come on that car, bla bla bla.. I have met some real f#cktards at car shows, but I have also met a ton of cool people as well.. I have had people talk trash on my Dart.. especially in its early stages... I mean anyone thats seen the 'buggy' thread knows its a 69 Dart that I ran 68 fenders on for years, multi colored, and all that... It was originally a grandma grocery gettin /6.. Now a V8, 727, 8.75 with .355's,,,, it was originally B3 blue, now its B5 blue... etc etc.. you get the idea LOL ... Like so many others have said, its MY car, and I am building it to make me happy.. for my wife and I to enjoy.. No one commisioned me to build it for them LOL .. So while I respect others opinions, and even ask for them from time to time, its still my car and my opinion is the only one that really counts... Everyone has their own niche.. I appreciate and respect them all.. build it how ya want it, and enjoy the hell out of it... life is short..

In a way we are lucky we have or like ok love A body mopars. are cars are fast are cars are cool and we don't have some 100.0000 dollar matching numbers hemi car or what ever that mite loose value if we do something we like or lord forbid change something . and are some how superior because of it...well maybe to imports but thats probably a personal problem. I have NO problem with matching numbers cars mine is but thats cool to.

Denny--There isn't a person that could pick your dream duster apart,It is a work of art!!!!! But I like the cup holders the BEST!!!!!!!!! LOL Steve

matching numbers?.......good for you

I just want my paint to match

Denny--There isn't a person that could pick your dream duster apart,It is a work of art!!!!! But I like the cup holders the BEST!!!!!!!!! LOL Steve

I missed it...what cup holders?...and thanks

Screw them Sheldon, Tell them if they want to bring their car over you'll give them a chance to examine the authenticity of your tail lights, but they better look quickly before they disappear. Your car, your decision. If you wanted it to be all original I could probably get in touch with Dwain and get back the original leaning tower of power that came in it but I think I'd keep the Hemi if I were you. LMFAO

There are some shows that a non correct car doesn't belong in and then the other 99%. where it shouldn't matter. Just people having fun and looking at each others cars. If someone points out an incorrect part, ask them if they can get you the right one. I'm going to go to all the local NC shows that I can with my Dart which is not even close to correct. People love to put other peoples stuff down to feel better about themselves(very twisted mentality)

-
Back