I wish it was closer craigslist finds

-
BTW- I went to look at that $3000 340 Swinger in Clearwater last weekend.

Odbball color where it still had factory paint. Seemed darker than rootbeer brown, but not as brown.

No fender tag.

Guy said on the phone it had "a little rust" in one quarter panel in "the usual spots".

Both quarters had 3/8" of bondo all over them and were rusted completely through again.
Dutchman panel was starting to go and one C pillar.
Pass side inner fender was damaged hard and rusted through where some of the bends from the damage were.

Bench, auto on column, basically no options other than auto.

Did have an 8 3/4, though.

BTW- I went to look at that $3000 340 Swinger in Clearwater last weekend.

Odbball color where it still had factory paint. Seemed darker than rootbeer brown, but not as brown.

No fender tag.

Guy said on the phone it had "a little rust" in one quarter panel in "the usual spots".

Both quarters had 3/8" of bondo all over them and were rusted completely through again.
Dutchman panel was starting to go and one C pillar.
Pass side inner fender was damaged hard and rusted through where some of the bends from the damage were.

Bench, auto on column, basically no options other than auto.

Did have an 8 3/4, though.
I picked up a 72 out of Gainesville about a month ago. I knew it had some roof ans quarter rust. . But got it home and dug into it, found it had been cobbled over previously in life and was on its second round of rot through.

20220301_161651_06.jpg

So after considering what to do with it since it ran and drove nice , I will kinda do a custom job and make it into driver.
20220423_143758.jpg

Have to much money in it to part out.

Last edited:
Many years ago, I was in St. Pete visiting mu brother for a while, I looked thru the autotrader, saw a 69 340 Swinger. I ended up buying it. Ran nice & sounded good. Just a tiny bit of rust in the corners of the trunk seal/drip rail area. I drove it back home to Ohio & still have it. A little funny about the trip. It was night time & I was cruising north, felt something on my leg, pulled over fast & founs it infested with cockroaches! YIKES Once back in Ohio I went to a pest control place & bought a smoke bomb that killed them all. I used to street race it in Cleveland & it wasn't to shabby till it put a pushrod thru a rocker.

I picked up a 72 out of Gainesville about a month ago. I knew it had some roof ans quarter rust. . But got it home and dug into it, found it had been cobbled over previously in life and was on its second round of rot through.

View attachment 1715916133

So after considering what to do with it since it ran and drove nice , I will kinda do a custom job and make it into driver.
View attachment 1715916134
Have to much money in it to part out.

How did I miss this build?!? Looks cool!

Yea I have it listed on FB Marketplace for $4600. I have had it listed at $5500 which I think is a fair price to me the seller and the buyer, but it is a MORE door!!! I got it in a trade with a 77 Volare wagon, complete but non driving I gave $500 for, to get the perfect grill I exchanged for the boogered one in the 76Volare RR.
I so I had Maybe $500 in the trade I have put in NEW: AMD windshield and back glass with new gaskets, added 15 x 7 steel rear wheels, 4 new tires, new brakes, carpet, windlace, brakes. And did all the body/paint on a pretty straight and darn near rust free 64 Belvedere. It runs/drives grat poly 318 PB. It had a NEW AMD floor pan installed when I got it! I add it up: OK so $4000 worth of parts and paint materials total. $500 for a running/driving car and $100 for my body/paint work!!!! Total $4600' Ha
So far I have had NO ONE come look I have had several thinkers, and a few mexicans that want a driver to go to work but $1000 is their budget!!! Plus an hour s too far to drive out of Houston!!!!:poke::rofl: My first More door Mopar in 45 years but I could not make myself part it!!! I admit I do like it, but 5 cars are too many for this old fart!

IMG_0065.JPG

IMG_0073.JPG

IMG_0078.JPG

IMG_0079.JPG

IMG_0080.JPG

IMG_0073.JPG

IMG_0074.JPG

Woops the 64 Savoy found its way in the pics. Course its for sale too.

Attachments

• IMG_0075.JPG
    IMG_0075.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 21
-
Back