Ignition Switch Connector (or pigtail)

-

Jim Kueneman

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Has anyone found a source for the early (pre 69) dash mounted ignition switches? I can find them for Chevys and Fords but not Chryslers.

I have a donor harness 68 i think.

I'll check if the ignition connector is usable

I checked my donor harness and the ignition connector is MIA.

sorry.

BTW this photo is from my non donor 67 dart harness. It would be what you are looking for.

PXL_20240112_162426716.jpg

You might contact M+H Electric.

They make / sell OEM style harnesses.

They have the connector, not sure if they will sell it alone or as a pig tail or at all.

Screenshot_20240112-115236.png

That may be why the dash harnesses are $700. Ha ha ha. Man, I wish somebody made A100 truck van harnesses. I’d buy one in a heartbeat. I’m dreading having to make this by hand.

I’ve got an ignition connector off my 67 Belvedere I’ll find later and snap a pic. If you need it you can have it. Dustin

I’ve got an ignition connector off my 67 Belvedere I’ll find later and snap a pic. If you need it you can have it. Dustin

Thanks, I have a few harness in some totes somewhere. I am sure I probably have something somewhere... would just like a new one thats all.

Also rather than cutting and splicing. You can get the terminals and crimp them on your wire ends and insert them into the plastic connector.

Also rather than cutting and splicing. You can get the terminals and crimp them on your wire ends and insert them into the plastic connector.

Terminals are on their way... A bit tricky to find but found real type Chrysler terminals (they go by Packard 57 or 58 or some thing like that) vs the more common GM style Packard 56/59... they have the double rolls vs the flat top.

OEM Connectors.png

American auto wire has a great video on how to properly crimp wires.

@halifaxhops, what's the company that has all the connectors that you deal with? (If you want to share)

Yep 67 is unique, that's why I asked for the year. I have a 67 style as well, same as Dartsun posted.
68's are different and clip onto switch.
The plastic housing itself but one with the wires and pigtail if necessary.

How do the early ones differ? I figured they were all the same.

I checked my donor harness and the ignition connector is MIA.

sorry.

BTW this photo is from my non donor 67 dart harness. It would be what you are looking for.

View attachment 1716191157

-
Back