• 70 D100 pickup 318/auto

Votes: 59 20.8%
  • 64 Belvi slanty/3 speed column

Votes: 75 26.5%
  • 91 ram 350 cummins/5 speed manual [115,000 miles]

Votes: 70 24.7%

• Total voters
-
Yes and that makes my job of finding a used fuse box more difficult, i can't use a 97 or a 98 1/2 it's gotta be from a first half 98. I'm sure there is some just finding it will be challenging [or i probly may rewire it] depending upon the outcome this week.

Yes and that makes my job of finding a used fuse box more difficult, i can't use a 97 or a 98 1/2 it's gotta be from a first half 98. I'm sure there is some just finding it will be challenging [or i probly may rewire it] depending upon the outcome this week.

All Pro Used Auto Parts Aumbumdale Florida 1-800-551-8557 or 863-606-0923 shows the motor running so they might sell the wiring harness you need. They are 54 miles from your ZIP.

A-1 Used Parts Moorhaven Florida 1-888-946-2234 or 1-863-946-3535 shows a used motor so they might have a wiring harness. They are 118 miles from your ZIP.

I just counted 89 motors that are on the circuit so any one of those might be your harness donor.

At first blush , that 6-popper / 3 speed Belvedere seems like the best one; however , that 1970 D-100 seems like a winner , too .

How about that '70 D-Series , with a 24 Valve Cummins swapped-in ?! :happy2:
Now that would be sweet !

not sure if this was mentioned, but that looks like a 65 not a 64

Well my truck is going to a repair garage for further diognosis by the mechanics and adjuster it's now a waiting game [hopefully i don't get screwed]. I only repeated waht the ad said the vehicles are i'm not that familiar with belvys [sorry] but yes your right i like it 4 doors are cool but the A100 is my favorite of all of them.

i voted for the van .....what i would give for a van like that ....wow those are badass........my second choice .....which would be very very close would be the 70 D100 pick up .....i could have got a 70 D200 with a 383 and i hee hawed and lost it and i still kick myself for not jumping on it.

there was a van like that in the movie "stealing Harvard" those vans are soooo cool.

i have never been a fan of anything newer than 1980 .....my daily driver for years has been a 72 swinger with a cast crank 440 and 4 speed

I have never liked vans BUT the A100s are my favorite [rather have a pickup a100] but i need to carry passengers as this will be a daily driver plus the seller has replaced the timing chain,radiator,waterpump,all new brakes,hoses ect. That makes it even more appealing. They are coming today to haul off my truck for further diaognosis so until they let me know what is going on it's a waiting game.

Yes you're right i should replace it with another cummins and i'm looking for a club/quad cab truck thats affordable [depending what the insurance says this week].

I voted for the '91, low 20's on MPG, easy to mod for more power or better economy and it is close to what you have now. The others are really cool, but my second choice was the Bel.

Buy the truck back and fix it, would be my vote. I really like that dually 12 valve as second option. Cummins all the way !!!

x2

junkyard harness is probably ok- just be smart and buy one that looks fresh and is not hacked up. You can also find on craiglist/ebay when people part out vehicles, usually they are parting because they blew a head gasket- not because of electrical issues.

First of all buying it back makes sence in most cases but not here due to the following reasons.
1998 3500s first half of that year were 12 valves
The wire harnesses changed slightly every group of units produced in preperation for the 24 valve engines.
In order for me to be able to repair it correctly i would have to find a wire harness [part number matching] from a 98 3500 that was built in the same run as my truck [finding needle in haystack]
New harnesses are obsolete, one place has nos harness in Wisconsin for the mere sum of 2500$
Then you have to think about how many other electrical components are fried ECU is 750$ flashing it is 50$ engine harness is 1500$ new [probly have same problem findin used one as the other harness.
I added up the prices of all the things in just the fuel control system and new stuff is well over 4k so used would probly be 2k.
If they total it the payment to me could range between 4k-6k depends if they want to be generious [book value rough trade is 5900$/avrage 6900$/above avr. 7500$] why would i want to buy it back and be aggrivated by it.
If it were a 97-96 i would be in better shape as far as finding a used part.
Then they may not give me anything, at this point i'm unsure of what's gonna happen.

DO NOT GET RID OF YOUR TRUCK. It looks to be 12 valve, quad cab (back doors open), stick. I spent 11 months looking all over for that combination, finally bought one out of texas. My buddy liked my truck and he spent a little over a year until he found one in Indiana. Plus, it is soooo much simpler than you think. It's all mechanical, there is no Fuel management system, no ecu, none of that BS. The Fuel management system is a machined plate in the P7100 injector pump, the only wire that you really need to worry about motor wise is the fuel shutoff solenoid. There will be a wire to the front that connects to a sensor that reads the RPM off the balancer. Disconnect it on a 24 valve and the truck will either shut off or go into limp mode, on a 12 Valve you lose your tach on the dash but the motor won't skip a beat. I had to rebuild mine at 210k but that was my own fault due to WAAAY to much boost, broken head bolt and lifted the head. A decent resource for this situation would be over at tdr.com

It was totaled and i receved much more than i expected, i love diesels but i have come to the realization i cant afford to fix them if the engine/transmission decided to crap out hell i could not even afford to purchase new tires for it [economy/pay cut killed me] been putting used tires on it for the last few years. It's time to move on looking for a 02-05 1500 quad cab or 00-03 durango v/8. Besides i never used it for it's intended purpose since i had it so why replace it,i'm gonna miss it [loved it more than life it's self] but i'm sure i'll find some thing else MAYBE.

The cummins all the way!!!! I had a 2001 cummins and i am so sorry i got rid of it. the best truck i ever had.

-
Back