I'm gonna need some help

-
Almost a dozen folks from SC, FL and GA came together today with beer money from
Canada, 4 (four) giant pizza's sent in from CHICAGO and construction funds sent in
from all over America..
DAMN!! that's pretty impressive...
DONE IN ONE DAY!!!!!
It's so strong you could drive a truck on it and Katrina couldn't blow it away.
The pizza was "off the chain"!!!
...and so are the folks on this website.

Let me know and I will come and help pass things to who needs it.

I may just take you up on that. I am thinking of a steel base with a wood deck. I will have the steel section built on location. My porch is 15.5 feet wide x 56 feet lng and I did that on a steel mobile home frame. It is blocked and leveled just like a mobile home so no metal or wood is in contact with the ground. I have a 28 foot travel trailer that I think will be the donor for the ramp.

You all did a great job finishing that in one day! Congratulations. I'm sure Bruce will love the new ramp and scooter. Hopefully he will be able to come home soon and use them. Compliments to all of you to take your time to help out (a great example of that "southern hospitality" we hear about). And everybody that helped and sent money to support you. Great teamwork including the Canadians to the north that chipped in also. Everyone chipped in all that they could afford in today's tough economy.

Waggs, you are one hell of a guy to do this for people. It's awesome to see how much you go out of your way to help other people. The world needs more people like you.

you all did a great job finishing that in one day! Congratulations. I'm sure bruce will love the new ramp and scooter. Hopefully he will be able to come home soon and use them. Compliments to all of you to take your time to help out (a great example of that "southern hospitality" we hear about). And everybody that helped and sent money to support you. Great teamwork including the canadians to the north that chipped in also. Everyone chipped in all that they could afford in today's tough economy.

Waggs, you are one hell of a guy to do this for people. It's awesome to see how much you go out of your way to help other people. The world needs more people like you.

x2!!

Credit where Credit is due...Karl you went way out of your way with your donation and then topped it off with every topping on them awesome pizza's,the other members with their help and the workers....whoa boy. Calvin designed an awesome ramp and together with mullinex both master craftsmen.....we pulled into the waffle house around 6:am and roy (sg barracuda was sittin at the counter eatin so I snuck up on him,we got to bruces around 7 a.m. and wrastled with the windmill and the shrubs and tucker jr showed up then mullinax and calvin then mr bill....roger did a great job helpin me with the drivin chores and mindy for her help all week at the house gittin the truck and the house ready for us to leave and cleanin up the construction debris afterward....what fun is a road trip without friends? so from 9 a.m friday to 2:45 am sunday i been up other than i tiny bit of sleep in the back seat of the truck fightin "Keeper" the dawgie for a lil' snoozin real estate....I'm gonna load a few pic's now and i'm signin off..............Wagg's and Mindy signin off
You all did a great job finishing that in one day! Congratulations. I'm sure Bruce will love the new ramp and scooter. Hopefully he will be able to come home soon and use them. Compliments to all of you to take your time to help out (a great example of that "southern hospitality" we hear about). And everybody that helped and sent money to support you. Great teamwork including the Canadians to the north that chipped in also. Everyone chipped in all that they could afford in today's tough economy.

Attachments

• brucesramp 008.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 198
  • brucesramp 012.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 170
  • brucesramp 018.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 195
  • brucesramp 034.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 217
  • brucesramp 036.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 224
  • brucesramp 041.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 200
  • brucesramp 081.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 216
  • brucesramp 084.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 193
What you guys did is awsome . the world needs more people like everyone on here that helped with the ramp . it makes me proud to be on this site with so many great people and you guys are definatley great people .

what fun is a road trip without friends? so from 9 a.m friday to 2:45 am sunday i been up other than i tiny bit of sleep in the back seat of the truck fightin "Keeper" the dawgie for a lil' snoozin real estate....I'm gonna load a few pic's now and i'm signin off..............Wagg's and Mindy signin off

Nice job on the ramp guys. It looks great.

Is that dalmatian in the pictures the one "Keeper" that you wrestle for snoozin real estate? I love it! I just lost my battle for sleepin' real estate with mine (Skyler). I don't know how to download pics, but here is a link to his picture from Dalmatian rescue.

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/15217219

Here is a couple of links for my old one that I had to put down last spring named Jager. I still miss him, he was such a good boy! He was a professional "bed hog" and would take over the bed every chance that he could get.

Here's a link of him on youtube singing to opera:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDMhKom-gVk"]Dalmatian Dog Singing to Opera - YouTube[/ame]

This one is a little better:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeB_BiGDzo4&feature=related"]Dalmatian Dog Singing to Opera 2 - YouTube[/ame]

Here is him trying to smile his way out of trouble when we caught him sleeping on my couch instead of his recliner:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMt4ZOop8WQ&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL"]Dalmatian Smiling - YouTube[/ame]

Here is one of Skyler playing with a soccer ball and Jager laying on the sofa.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNNN_NK8SRU&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL"]Dalmatian puppy playing with ball - YouTube[/ame]

If you notice the pillow and blanket on the couch, that is because the two dalmatians would squeeze me out of bed by the middle of the night, and I would have to go to the sofa for the last half of the night. Wrestling for sleepin' space is something dalmatians are good at....

Credit where Credit is due...Karl you went way out of your way with your donation and then topped it off with every topping on them awesome pizza's,the other members with their help and the workers....whoa boy. Calvin designed an awesome ramp and together with mullinex both master craftsmen.....we pulled into the waffle house around 6:am and roy (sg barracuda was sittin at the counter eatin so I snuck up on him,we got to bruces around 7 a.m. and wrastled with the windmill and the shrubs and tucker jr showed up then mullinax and calvin then mr bill....roger did a great job helpin me with the drivin chores and mindy for her help all week at the house gittin the truck and the house ready for us to leave and cleanin up the construction debris afterward....what fun is a road trip without friends? so from 9 a.m friday to 2:45 am sunday i been up other than i tiny bit of sleep in the back seat of the truck fightin "Keeper" the dawgie for a lil' snoozin real estate....I'm gonna load a few pic's now and i'm signin off..............Wagg's and Mindy signin off

Looks Great!! Nice Job guys, gals and "Keeper".

Awesome job guys, that is a ramp!! Heartwarming to read this this morning, on the 10th anniversary of 9-11. What a great bunch of guys, and thanks to technology we can all share this.

Bruce is going to be so impressed when he sees your work. That is a great ramp. I am really proud of all of you who were involved.

Wow what a great job. That ramp will last for years.

The dalmation in the pic'is bruces dawg "Gallahad" Keeper is mindy's dawg...she had better luck gittin a way to sleep in the back floor board than I did

Attachments

• brucesramp 005.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 174
Yall did an awesome job. That thing looks like a bunch of proffessionals came in and did the job.......cause they did. Great work yall.

Also Joey deserves a big thanks for providing us with this site, where people help one another every day.

Looks cool! The kid and the dog look like they are having fun. Most of our dalmatians loved to cruise. It's just a little difficult to get the fur out of the carpet... It's a small price to pay for their companionship.

Man, your pizza idea was just stomp ***. I bet they were good. That was awesome of you.

Whew
Man, that was a full day I'm here to tell you.
My thanks to everyone that showed up, that was a team effort. It could not have been done in 1 day without a team working on it.:thumrigh:
My thanks to everyone that contributed to make this happen.:thumleft:
My thanks to Karl for pizza! :hello1: Never had Chicago pizza before. You guys like the cheese don't you? I probably won't be able to take a crap for a week!
It was truly great to meet a fine group of folks.=D>
My hat's off to you, Waggs, for puttin' this together.:salute:
C

Made it home safe and sound today around 3 pm. Thanks goes to Cal for letting me stay over at his place and feeding me!! lol

Great pics waggin!!

It was great meeting members in person. Thank God for clhyer and mullimax95, ther true carpenters. It was great to meet tucker jr, mrbill00 and of course Curtiss (again). That windmill about kicked our A$$! I think it had 9' spikes in the ground! I had my douts that it was going to get done in one day but it did. Clhyer had it all drawn out and was dead on with the material list. I did get to go to the Hospital along with Curtiss after we finished to meet Bruce. All I can say is he is quite the character and I hope he is out soon. It was a life experience I'm glad to be part of. And the pizza was great too.

-
Back