Inflatable hot tub?

-
How thick is the material? Is it something a cat could easily puncture?
Well I wouldn't give a cat a try at it I got to say that. That's why the first thing I did was bought some 3/8 sheets of plywood and surrounded it. Put a nice three-quarter inch pad of foam under it... Cats aren't really fond of water to begin with so I don't see them trying to jump in with you or trying to get clothes while you're splashing around.... My idea is to buy two more pieces of plywood and by four 10 foot two by fours and nail them on edge so my wife and I can get either side and pick the top up off of it. Kind of having it totally surrounded to keep it safe from the cat and weather... Again we have one cat that's too fat and it's in the middle of our yard and no dogs of ours will let another cat in the yard... I know you have a lot of cats so this could probably be a concern for you... it's thick and you can sit even your big fat butt on the side of it it doesn't crush down like a kiddie pool or anything like that...

How thick is the material? Is it something a cat could easily puncture?

I would say probably not with a paw, but perhaps if they went to chewing on it. I've never had a cat so I really can't say.
A puppy on the other hand...

Don't forget to pay a little extra for the time machine option......

Seriously, we've been thinking about one of these.

IIRC Big Lots or Rural King has one for about $450.

We miss our 8 person fiberglass full size pool pump tub but it was just too costly to run and too much maintenance for as much as we used it. (I believe it broke my wife from wanting a full pool, though)

Interestingly, even in 98 degree 98 percent humid FL, it's still relaxing and refreshing to soak in 104 degree bubbly water for a bit.

Thanks for all the info.

Bought a used marquis from a local dealer. 4k plus wiring done ahead of time. Electric bill only went up like 50 dollars. I kept it on year round. He said alot of people who buy the 120 volt units complain that the water goes cool rather quickly as the bubbles release the heat. The chemicals and maintenance were nothing. I changed the water every 3 to 4 months. I'm glad I didnt go for the cheaper alternative and you will too unless money is a major factor.
The guy working had a 10 year old spa and still works good as new. He had no desire to upgrade. Sold the house but miss the tub greatly

Biggest challenge we had with our glass tub was residual laundry detergent in bathing suits causing foam/froth. We stopped using soap with the suits and low dose bleach only, and the froth disappeared. Making sure bathers are clean ahead of time and not slathered in makeup (teenage girls are were the worst) keeps the water clear for a very long time.

Just my experience..

i fail to see what bathing suit have to do with a hot tub?

that reminds me of a funny story, happened just last monday
me and the missus were up in the hot tub and the kids were all downstairs
the middle girl had a friend over, but she close to lives here, so we had no problem going in the tub with her down stairs (they know they arent allowed upstairs anyway)

at any rate, the girls mom came to pick her up and i had to go downstairs to let her in
so i slipped on a robe and went down

before i came back up, i opened the robe back up and walked into the hot tub room with my robe open and my speedo in full glory, and i told the wife the girls mom said hi

she looked at me and said "you didnt go down like that did you" ?

i said, baby, you know ive been working out, and i am rocking this banana hammock, it just wouldnt have been fair to her if i had covered up

yeah, she didnt think that was funny

Bought a used marquis from a local dealer. 4k plus wiring done ahead of time. Electric bill only went up like 50 dollars. I kept it on year round. He said alot of people who buy the 120 volt units complain that the water goes cool rather quickly as the bubbles release the heat. The chemicals and maintenance were nothing. I changed the water every 3 to 4 months. I'm glad I didnt go for the cheaper alternative and you will too unless money is a major factor.
The guy working had a 10 year old spa and still works good as new. He had no desire to upgrade. Sold the house but miss the tub greatly
Money is definitely a major factor..

If anyone tries one of these and is catapulted backward in time, please find my counterpart in the past, deliver a righteous bee-eye-itch slapping and tell the fool "do NOT buy the Neon you stoooopid shovelhead!". Thank you.

Last edited:
If anyone tries one of these and is catapulted backward in time, please fine my counterpart in the past, deliver a righteous bee-eye-itch slapping and tell the fool "do NOT buy the Neon you stoooopid shovelhead!". Thank you.
Take a left turn at Kmart...:realcrazy:...

Many people are lucky with them. Many arent. You do indeed get what you pay for. With the big ones 110 only heats or bubbles. Not both. Not sure about the little inflatables. In July you may not care, in January you will. We got lucky with ours, it was free 3 years ago. it had a board problem, but it wasnt a rotted wood nightmare like most free ones are. Vinyl side covers, fairly new top. Bought a new board (Balboa, not a cheap one) and 3 years of joy. I change the water 4 times a year, use Aqua Finesse, and all is good. especially finding out Down East spas are made by Master Spas. No junk Red Dragon pumps, the jets are all Waterways etc. My best advice J Par - go on Youtube and look up Chris Wheatley of Hot Tub University. Lots of good info.

Many people are lucky with them. Many arent. You do indeed get what you pay for. With the big ones 110 only heats or bubbles. Not both. Not sure about the little inflatables. In July you may not care, in January you will. We got lucky with ours, it was free 3 years ago. it had a board problem, but it wasnt a rotted wood nightmare like most free ones are. Vinyl side covers, fairly new top. Bought a new board (Balboa, not a cheap one) and 3 years of joy. I change the water 4 times a year, use Aqua Finesse, and all is good. especially finding out Down East spas are made by Master Spas. No junk Red Dragon pumps, the jets are all Waterways etc. My best advice J Par - go on Youtube and look up Chris Wheatley of Hot Tub University. Lots of good info.
Well we've had it for a week now and so far again if it runs as it has this last week the next couple of years we will be over the moon.. it's just the two of us so it's not going to get any overuse or likely no abuse... It's been in the mid to low 50s and has been able to maintain its temperature... I read a lot of reviews before we purchased from different manufacturers and different styles. Most got four out of five stars and I would say 80% of the complainers mostly complained about setup. We know that there's not a lot of DIY people and it seems like this was the case especially when one or two people would say it was an easy setup even though the instructions weren't great with a little common sense.. right away I knew what the problem was... 90% of those said they loved it once it was set up...
Then about 10% said that it didn't heatenough to keep it going at a hundred and four over a half hour with the bubbles on and people playing in it... My wife and I can't stand being in it more than 15 minutes at 104 or over anyways... At about a hundred and two we can make it for good 20 minutes...
Then there was just a few people who said they got a pump that didn't work or heater that didn't work right out of the box or a couple that got a leak after some time... cracking these things out at a thousand at a time probably get you a couple few that don't work right away... seems to have a pretty good warranty but I don't want to find out what it takes to make a claim..

Well we've had it for a week now and so far again if it runs as it has this last week the next couple of years we will be over the moon.. it's just the two of us so it's not going to get any overuse or likely no abuse... It's been in the mid to low 50s and has been able to maintain its temperature... I read a lot of reviews before we purchased from different manufacturers and different styles. Most got four out of five stars and I would say 80% of the complainers mostly complained about setup. We know that there's not a lot of DIY people and it seems like this was the case especially when one or two people would say it was an easy setup even though the instructions weren't great with a little common sense.. right away I knew what the problem was... 90% of those said they loved it once it was set up...
Then about 10% said that it didn't heatenough to keep it going at a hundred and four over a half hour with the bubbles on and people playing in it... My wife and I can't stand being in it more than 15 minutes at 104 or over anyways... At about a hundred and two we can make it for good 20 minutes...
Then there was just a few people who said they got a pump that didn't work or heater that didn't work right out of the box or a couple that got a leak after some time... cracking these things out at a thousand at a time probably get you a couple few that don't work right away... seems to have a pretty good warranty but I don't want to find out what it takes to make a claim..

They are a good alternative to a quality 8K tub. If they do break out of warranty, buy a new one. It cost 1K just to run a 220 line to my deck!

I did go ahead and get a fourth piece of 4 by 8 plywood. I made a little door to get in there and corner board all four corners with a little triangle shelf in a couple of the corners to set things on and help stabilize. This morning was one of the coldest mornings yet, it was nice to jump in and watch the steam fly..

The fiberglass ones are always free around here. "come and get it" is usually the header. In-laws have one they made a deck around. Nice remote pump and filter. Just right for the 5 year old to bob around in at about 80. Friend had one whose thermostat failed and it would not stay lit. I got the bright idea of bypassing it and running the gas straight to the heater under it. We'll light it and jut let it warm up and then feather it to keep it warm. So Im under the cuzzi frame with a lighter and im telling him to turn the gas on slowly, he tells me its already on! Wooosh! Knocked me back on my *** and singed my eyebrows. I was laughing so hard it didn't even phase me. That night was one for the history books.

The fiberglass ones are always free around here. "come and get it" is usually the header. In-laws have one they made a deck around. Nice remote pump and filter. Just right for the 5 year old to bob around in at about 80. Friend had one whose thermostat failed and it would not stay lit. I got the bright idea of bypassing it and running the gas straight to the heater under it. We'll light it and jut let it warm up and then feather it to keep it warm. So Im under the cuzzi frame with a lighter and im telling him to turn the gas on slowly, he tells me its already on! Wooosh! Knocked me back on my *** and singed my eyebrows. I was laughing so hard it didn't even phase me. That night was one for the history books.
Same thing here they're always free.. and I looked into that at first and thought you know if I got a free one or an inexpensive one and fixed it and then pay the electrician to come out and put in the 220 and then this and then that and then I said forget it....

Same thing here they're always free.. and I looked into that at first and thought you know if I got a free one or an inexpensive one and fixed it and then pay the electrician to come out and put in the 220 and then this and then that and then I said forget it....

Even better: they're typically free because the made in China hoses which are metric and only made overseas in some random diameter are cracked from ice or too much chemical and it blows water whenever it's turned on.

I rented a house once that had a hot tub, but it wasn't mentioned anywhere in any of the lease docs. One day I ventured out there and found out that in the desert, they're an oasis for scorpions! This one had been neglected and left to sit half full, which lead to bugs which brought out even more scorpions. I killed a couple dozen just taking the top off and then when I drained it I found a few dozen more.

I wound up trying to make it work for as cheap as possible, rebuilt the pump motor (resealed) and fixed some leaking hoses. Put a new heater element in it (elec), but those damn bugs were a menace and left me so paranoid I finally gave up on it. At least I left it empty when I moved out though..

They glow under UV light though, so I'd go out out with an led black light at night and try to eradicate them... They loved the drystack paver wall in the backyard (probably housed a lot of food for them).
IMG_20131007_192405.JPG

I had one from Intek? or something close to that. Needed it for dirtbike injury rehab. Never skipped a beat. Kept it another year while on dating sites and after I grew up (lol) a friend wanted it and she still uses it to this day. That was 2014. 4 person inflatable. Bought it used barely. They work good IMO...

JW

I had one from Intek? or something close to that. Needed it for dirtbike injury rehab. Never skipped a beat. Kept it another year while on dating sites and after I grew up (lol) a friend wanted it and she still uses it to this day. That was 2014. 4 person inflatable. Bought it used barely. They work good IMO...

JW
That's a good review....:thumbsup:...

Still working great and using it every day...
The second most fun you can have with your clothes off.. lol..:D...

Three months and just did the first water change.. bought a little electric water pump off Amazon..
My neighbor across the street seen the steaming water coming out of the hose from the backyard and was curious??
I said it's hot tub water and he came and looked... An hour later I got a text... He bought one.. lol..

Well giving the one year review on this hot tub...
So midsummer we started realizing we weren't using it anymore as we did have an extremely hot summer...
Lesson learned on that this next spring will shut it down...
So again we ended up shutting it down and emptying it out cleaning it and just letting it set the second half of the summer.. we refilled it when it started getting a little chilly just a little less than a month ago and it's working fine again...
Honestly at the price if it lasts another winter I think we've got everything for our buck. . If it last any more Winters than that we are definitely going to replace it if anything ever goes wrong...
Anyways the hot tub's reading 104 and I've got to go...

-
Back