Is there a true plug-n-play setup for a 5.7 with FI yet?

-
I am simply going to respond to a couple of points that you made above that are particularly problematic.

1) Flat out wrong. The absolute cheapest method to transplant a Gen III Hemi into classic Mopar is to Carb it. The second cheapest is MS2, the Third Cheapest is MS 3. Your solution isn't much cheaper than the FAST setup.

Using your own website it becomes clear that your system isn't cheaper.

http://www.modernmuscleperformance....nagment_kit_for_Gen_3_Hemi_p/4-dbw-kitman.htm

According to your own advertisement the cost for a complete kit, plug and play is $2749.00 Then if you read the advertisement carefully you recommend a Diablo Tuner for an additional $400.00 to $600.00.

The combined price above makes your system MORE expensive than the FAST setup.

4) Yes, there are lots of people familiar to tuning Gen III hemi's but am I able to create a custom tune with the Diablo hand-held tuner? The answer is no. I am dependent upon custom tunes provided by black box artists. To me this is the greatest weakness of the Diablo solution. I want to be able to sit at a laptop and do my own analysis of my tune. Right now that simply isn't possible with the Diablo. If and its a big IF, HP Tuners ever gets their stuff together and offers a laptop tuning solution than this might be moot.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

In your original post you stated a PCM costs 1500+ you did not mention a whole kit or setup that is were the confusion is so I am sorry if I mis-read it.

(Quote)
This pushes the cost of a factory computer from about $1600.00 - $1700.00 to over 2K. At that price your are greatly exceeding the cost of MS3 and fast approaching the cost of a FAST setup.

Correct but the junk yard harness may need to be tweaked depending on make and model that is comes from.

Sounds awesome.

What year PCM /wiring harness are y'all using? I'm guessing you've standardized it to a certain year or years, and then if the harness is from a different year some pins might need to be changed? I believe my harness is off a 2006 300.

To the OP sorry for the thread Jack, To answer your question yes there is a direct True Plug and play system.

Here is a video of one of our systems running on just a stand all we did was add fuel and power and the engine runs.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uJExVR5scEo"]2009+ 5.7L Hemi and 6.4L 392 Hemi Engine PCM for your Resto-mod - YouTube[/ame]

\

What in HELL are you on about? I'm talking about FACTORY Mopar systems. FACTORY. As in built by, sold by, of, and for, Chrysler whoever they are now.

I'm not sure, but I don't think I said a word about Diabo'ersomethin

Our PCM are the mopar ones.

I think the confusion comes in with the year of the computer. Some years, you are correct, and some years Modern Muscle is correct. I have a 2005 Mopar computer from a Ram for my Dart and it is able to reprogram and adjust.

As for pricing on the PCMs I dont know where you get that from but ours start at 599.99 including the flash you need for your engine, As for the Diablo tuning not sure if you are reading what can be adjusted just with the hand held or with CMR Dealer software. But again as in the other post with the power we are putting out with this platform now the sky is the limit.

What's the cost to have a PCM reprogrammed? I've got a 2004 truck PCM without security and need a stock 6.1 tune.

Quote me a price for a harness also. Stock 6.1 with T56. I've got a car DBW pedal already.

Thanks,

Riddler

What's the cost to have a PCM reprogrammed? I've got a 2004 truck PCM without security and need a stock 6.1 tune.

Quote me a price for a harness also. Stock 6.1 with T56. I've got a car DBW pedal already.

Thanks,

Riddler

PM Sent

You think you can make that information public or do you make different prices for different customers?

probably dependent on the time of the day, who it is and the mood there in!

I've seen business's like that before all to often

Well to be open and honest I was quoted $250 to flash the PCM and $995 for the harness.

Harness price is $45 higer than his website and also Hotwire (prolly where he gets them).

But the flash is much cheaper than Hotwire by about $200 which I feel is still a bit much for a flash on a stock PCM. But you have to pay to play.

Riddler

These guys have done the leg work cracking the code etc. with 0 help from Mopar. They have business's to run and I doubt any of them have 60' Yacht's parked in any marina's. Its cheaper and easier than ever, thank goodness for that. $1k for a harness seems high to me too but if I ever get one my expectation are gonna be that it is flawless.

Well to be open and honest I was quoted $250 to flash the PCM and $995 for the harness.

Harness price is $45 higer than his website and also Hotwire (prolly where he gets them).

But the flash is much cheaper than Hotwire by about $200 which I feel is still a bit much for a flash on a stock PCM. But you have to pay to play.

Riddler

Sorry the price I quoted was for an automatic trans the manual trans harness is 45.00 cheaper

Auto
http://www.modernmuscleperformance....ne_wiring_harness_for_late_model_p/dbw-01.htm

Manual
http://www.modernmuscleperformance...._wiring_harness_for_late_model_p/dbw-01-m.htm

These guys have done the leg work cracking the code etc. with 0 help from Mopar. They have business's to run and I doubt any of them have 60' Yacht's parked in any marina's. Its cheaper and easier than ever, thank goodness for that. $1k for a harness seems high to me too but if I ever get one my expectation are gonna be that it is flawless.

Could not have said it better. People dont realize how much goes into making these harness and how many man hours it takes. Paying wages to American workers, overhead ect.... its not like these are being made in China!

I just paid the same amount through Hotwire Auto. Both Modern Muscle and Hotwire are reputable companies that have done great work for our cars, especially when it comes to Hemi swaps. They have made the Hemi swap as easy as the LS1 swaps for the Chevy guys. I hated paying $995 for my harness, but it saved me tremendous headaches and looks professional.
Thank you Modern Muscle for all you guys do for our hobby.

Just puttin' this out there, but a ls1 swap harness is about 450ish. Face it, mopar is just more expensive. My first swap was with the 03 computers and harness, then I did it with an 05 computer and harness, that's 2k in just harnesses, but it is what it is.

It's a volume game unfortunately. Just watch one of the auctions (Mecum, Barret Jackson, etc.) and you can see just how many more Chevys go across the block than Mopars (that or they just get better screen time). There are a lot more Chevy models that people like to mess with than Mopar stuff usually. Not that someone wouldn't put a 5.7 in a Coronet or Belvidere, but the big names are really what people look for (Road Runner, Superbee, GTX, etc.). With a Chevy you get Malibus, Chevelles, Camaros, Novas, Corvettes, and the list goes on. When you sells potentially hundreds of harnesses a year, you can amortize the costs over a lot more product. Sell 10's in a year and unfortunately someone has to foot the bill.

One of the funniest ways I've seen the Chevy/Mopar difference is by going to Summit and looking up small block Chevy cylinder heads and small block Mopar heads. There are 545 listings for Chevy. Mopar? Just 33, and that even includes big block ones...

That is nice...if your running a Chevy.

Yes that one is for a Chevy , But I have spoken to these guys regarding there yet to be released plug & play system for 6.1 Hemi .

The hold up ' I was told ' , is finding the parts required for a competitively priced loom , but it did sound promising on the phone .

They also have there own 6.1 Duster bracket racer .

Doesn't seem like it would be too hard to adapt to a Hemi. Most engine use the same kinds of sensors, just different plugs. Dodge connectors seem to be rather hard to track down the few times I've looked for them. I think GM uses standard off the shelf stuff like Delphi and the like, not sure what Dodge uses. Cool that they have a plug and play kit for a specific engine though.

Doesn't seem like it would be too hard to adapt to a Hemi. Most engine use the same kinds of sensors, just different plugs. Dodge connectors seem to be rather hard to track down the few times I've looked for them. I think GM uses standard off the shelf stuff like Delphi and the like, not sure what Dodge uses. Cool that they have a plug and play kit for a specific engine though.

Sorry but it will not work at all no way to convert. beside for a few hundred more you can get a mopar harness and pcm that would work right out of the box

Sorry but it will not work at all no way to convert. beside for a few hundred more you can get a mopar harness and pcm that would work right out of the box

I meant more for the manufacturer to convert it over to a Hemi, not for someone to use that harness and adapt it themselves. My bad, should have clarified better. My point was more that most standalone engine harnesses are fairly similar. Most engines use the same general sensors (water temp, air temp, oil pressure, etc.), though they use different plugs and potentially different locations. You could theoretically use the LSX harness as a base and just swap the connector ends since the computer in the kit is universal, but it depends on how you want to control the engine (speed density requires different sensors than mass air for instance). But as you said, you'd probably be better off just buying a stock harness to start with since it would involve much less work.

I meant more for the manufacturer to convert it over to a Hemi, not for someone to use that harness and adapt it themselves. My bad, should have clarified better. My point was more that most standalone engine harnesses are fairly similar. Most engines use the same general sensors (water temp, air temp, oil pressure, etc.), though they use different plugs and potentially different locations. You could theoretically use the LSX harness as a base and just swap the connector ends since the computer in the kit is universal, but it depends on how you want to control the engine (speed density requires different sensors than mass air for instance). But as you said, you'd probably be better off just buying a stock harness to start with since it would involve much less work.

It's the plugs that kill you. It is relatively easy to find many dealers online for the various connectors used on GM vehicles. Finding Mopar connectors? Much more difficult. They may be out there, but I haven't found them.

If you find a reliable source for Mopar Connectors please provide a link, I plan to re-use the connectors for my MS3 harness, but I'd prefer not to splice and buy new connectors instead.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

It's the plugs that kill you. It is relatively easy to find many dealers online for the various connectors used on GM vehicles. Finding Mopar connectors? Much more difficult. They may be out there, but I haven't found them.

If you find a reliable source for Mopar Connectors please provide a link, I plan to re-use the connectors for my MS3 harness, but I'd prefer not to splice and buy new connectors instead.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

PM sent if you want my old Hemi harness.

-
Back