Is there a way to widen a rear end housing?

-

eric202006

Reaction score
im wondering if its possible to widen a rear end housing? its a fab 9 under a duster. when my dad had the car built, it was fitted for 14 x 32. the car has 31 x 10.5 w on a 14 inch wheel. the car still has full interior and in street trim. lights etc. i want to make the car look more of a street car. 10 or 12 inch wheel with 28 x 10.5. i dont really like the big tire old school look. trying to post some pics. let know what you think.

im sure it could be done...might come with a price though...im sure you would have to replace the axle tubes themselves....i see that being the only way to do it with out running any risks...but again i am sure that comes with a price... might be cheaper and more benifical to get a different rear for it all together

different rim offset? Sell it and cut a cheap one down.

might be cheaper and more benifical to get a different rear for it all together

More then likely...yes ^^^^^^^^^^.

What suspension is in the car? That would help us decide on a replacement, and what the current housing would possibly fit in, if you choose to sell it.

4-link under it.
pics up under profile
14 inch wheel with 4' backspacing
and its tooked under the car alittle to much to just offset the wheel

I bought an e body for75 and paid 200 to cut it down.. Seen many others for 75.

vbpgimage.php

Oh...you are talkin big power... Yep... Replace tubes and reinforce.. Most stock tubes are crooked anyway.

If not big power just get a B body... They fit nice under sports and Dusters... Way cheaper...

-
Back