is this a real demon?

-

mkingan

Reaction score
i found this near me. its suppose to be a 71 demon. asking $1800. the stripe throws me. if so woth it? no motor or trans seats in it dont know if correct. spare tire area rotted out. under hoid good

20170130_151421.jpg

20170130_151450.jpg

20170130_151430.jpg

Looks like it to me, Demon's were the only one to use that kind of taillights. Check the VIN and the Fender tag.

thanks for the input, i guess it is. like i said the stripe threw me looks like a cuds thing?? anyway i guess its worth picking up. How hard are parts to find..? What motor combos will fit.. trying to get an idea if this will be extremly hard to get body parts or motor and tranny

The stripe looks like something that was added later by a previous owner. There was never a factory Demon stripe that looks like that, as far as I know.

Underneath its a regular A body. Parts not too hard to find. I bet classic industries has everything for this car. Would not recommend a big block. Fit is very tight, and makes it way unbalanced. Slanty six car, make it however you want. Its not an original 340 car, why not add a stroked 360, and a 4 speed.

The tail lights and front fender extensions say it is a Demon. The grill says '71.
Yote

The tail lights are the only things unique to the Demon, the fender extensions and grille are the same on a '71 Dart. Exactly the same. And for that matter a '71 grille can be bolted straight into a '72. Since the car has had paint work (stripes) I'd go by the VIN before anything else, even the tail panel isn't that hard of a swap. Day or two's worth of work is all to swap the sheet metal. Some people have been known to convert Dusters to Demon's. :D

All that aside though I'd say that one's real. Fix it up with a nice small block and away you go! :thumbsup:

Be a baller. Install a nice 408 or a junkyard 3G 5.7 Hemi.
HD suspension and brakes for better handling and stopping. Supportive seats for keeping you in place. A good stereo for the long drives.
Condoms and handy wipes in the glove box because you are a baller.

thanks for all the input. to swap it to a v8 isn't the mounts need to be cut out? i thought they were welded in unlike a gm a-body where can just unbolt and move around?

It needs a V8 k-member. Easy to find and install. Or you could probably buy conversion mounts, but I wouldn't

thanks for all the input. to swap it to a v8 isn't the mounts need to be cut out? i thought they were welded in unlike a gm a-body where can just unbolt and move around?

Mounts are bolted in, and you can iether unbolt the K member and swap in a v8 K member, getc a set of conversion mounts (Schumacher makes those) or you can mix and match mounts from I believe a truck and a car to make it work

Get a set of conversion mounts and drop in a 340 or 360 backed by a 4 speed or auto. Easy peasy

Worth about 1k as it sits with no motor, if interior is in decent condition maybe 2k tops

It wouldn't be out of round for a GM a body owner for you to just stick an LS in it and forget about it

I would have bought it for 1200-1500 bucks, and put the 71 225/6 and trans i have in it and make it a decent daily driver

A Baller doesn't drive a slant six.
A Baller doesn't drive drum brakes.
A Baller drives the car that others want but don't have the stones to buy or build.

Well, I would have put my 367 screamer into it and ran the snot out of it.Ok that's probably a gross exaggeration; there's no snot in either the 367 nor the Demon and I'm getting to be too old to try and figure out how to put some in,lol.
I had a 71 once and they are handsome in any color as long as it's Purple;that is PlumCrazy. Or Orange. Or LimeGreen. Or Black. Or Red. Oh heck, they all look good especially striped up,twin scooped and a spoiler'd.

Get a set of conversion mounts and drop in a 340 or 360 backed by a 4 speed or auto. Easy peasy

Worth about 1k as it sits with no motor, if interior is in decent condition maybe 2k tops
yea i was thinking the same on the $. but he won't move off of 1800. I found another one yesterday day right down the street, same year same condition and even same color!. this lady has been watching too many barrett jackson shows, she wants 3000 for a complete basket case redo. i think i am going to pass on it. for the price but if anyone's interested i can get some info

Well I can tell that for the 1800 you'd be wise to snatch it up if that's what you are looking for. I'm actually surprised there's not a 4000 dollar price tag on it. You just aren't going to find them that complete for less. It would cost you double that to piece one together. I'm guessing you really just don't want it. If it belonged to the guys that are saying it's only worth a 1000 , they would have it for sale for 3. I mean hey, it still has the Rallye wheels on it , somebody gave half a **** about it , being 46 years old. If I had the means it would have been in my garage yesterday

Last edited:
-
Back