is this a real demon?

-
I agree, $1800 isn't that bad for it. If you don't buy it, share the info and location. Perhaps somebody else here will be interested in it. /6 or 340, a Demon is a Demon.

Stripes and paint can be easily added/changed over a 45 year period. In fact, they usually are. I can paint my dog pink, and put mud on it, but it wouldn't be a pig, it'd be a dog.

Be a baller. Install a nice 408 or a junkyard 3G 5.7 Hemi.
HD suspension and brakes for better handling and stopping. Supportive seats for keeping you in place. A good stereo for the long drives.
Condoms and handy wipes in the glove box because you are a baller.

Ok, I'll probably regret this, but what the hell is a baller?

A Baller is the kind of guy you wanted to be when you were a kid. He was always a bit taller than the others. He was better looking, smarter and always had cool clothes. He never looked like he tried too hard, yet things fell into place for him. The Baller got girls without even trying, played football and never got hurt, passed tests without studying.
A Baller is the kind of guy that wins.

So are they called Ballers because they are jocks ? Or because they get the hook up so much that they are knocking the bottom out of it all the time? Or both?

A baller is the guy in the twacked out 94 jeep Cherokee with blacked out windows running the streets at 2:30 A.M. going from place to place distributing 8 balls of meth. He has the drugs , he has the pussy and he has the Benjamins falling out of his ***

The way I understand it, it did start with athletes that got all the perks, all the women, etc.
I took it a little past that.
It was all in fun.
I just meant to use "Baller" as a cool guy with a cool car.

Last edited:
Baller
this is old 70 s and early 80 s slang for dealers who sold eight balls of cocaine.. it went on in the late eighties to mean anybody who is rolling in money and dealing in drugs... in the early 90s it was attributed to rap stars and anybody who was just rolling in the dough... It is currently (after late 90s) attributed to ball players rolling in the dough.
yo brother I need to re-up, you know anyone thats ballin. We looking for some large amounts so we need a baller.

That is unfortunate. I am not into drugs so this is not what I expected.
Son of a *****.

That is unfortunate. I am not into drugs so this is not what I expected.
Son of a *****.
Lol hey man I'm sure nobody is thinking anything of the sort . Balla is just slang terminology. I'm from Colorado , we hear that a lot in these parts lmao.

Now that we got all the nuances out of the way about what a baller is , isnt, or was. What about the demon this thread was originally started about? If its a slant sux car, build it however you want. Since i am all about restored looking sleepers, and love the F.A.S.T. series, my vote is a demon 340 clone that "appears" restored, but upgrade to BBP, 410 inch stroked 360 hid under stock paint, and stock valve covers. Maybe a exploder 8.8 disc rear under the back, subframe connectors chassis stiffeners, and do all the other cool tricks that only us guys would notice over the general public that might see it. Maybe hide it all with factory looking bbp rallyes, and stock color paint. Then of course you can be an old skool baller with it.

Last edited:
Yeah....Slant six cars are ripe for modifications. Everything needs to be changed in those cars anyway....9 inch drum brakes, torsion bars the diameter of a pencil, a 7 1/4" diff that grenades at anything over 300 ft/lbs of torque....

Bought my 67 notch and it had a slant sux, 3 on the tree, and a 7&1/4 peggy. I put it on jackstands and stripped everything out that couldent be reused for a V8. I tossed it all on a scrap pile. Tried giving the slanty and 3 speed away. Nobody wanted it.

No I don't.
I do get something though. Usually around $150 for a slanty and the transmission together.

If that car was a few states closer it would already be in my driveway (with a shadow cast over the hood of my wife's shaking head). $1,800?? If you could even find that car in the North East it would be snapped up for $5,000 in days.

well first of all they are still out there and yes in better shape or that price. Its location, north id believe they are few and far between due to the weather conditions. here they can sit for years, So yes they be worth more to someone that has fewer options. There are 2 others i am looking at local that are cleaner and for around the same price. Ill ask him if i can pass the info on to members and someone can go from there

i talked to the person who owns it and is willing to sell it . PM me and ill give you contact info if interested. located in cabot arkansas

Bring 1500 cash and say here ya go, asking them if they would take 1500 is completely different from showing them 15 fresh cut Benjamin's.

Id say they are a bit high on price especially with no motor, look and see though, look underneath and see if it was a factory undercoat car, then id be willing to dish out the 1800.

To give you a perspective, about 4 years ago i bought a 71 225/6 demon running and driving with the /6, trans and 7 1/4 rear. Clean factory undercoated car, three total small small rust spots in the usual places. Factory seats, seat belts and door panels were immaculate (needed carpet, headliner and dashpad cover). Clean factory glass and all interior and exterior trim was in great shape. Also got a 69 340 long block, hi po manifolds, a833 4 speed and 8 3/4 rear. 4 15x7 rallye wheels with center caps. Came with the 4 speed tunnel, go wing and hood scoops, hood and trunk was already drilled for them and was done right, circular cut outs for the functional aspect of the hood scoops on the hood and also set up for hood pins. Plus some misc stuff.

All that for around 5000

Yeah, $1,800 is high for that car in its current condition. But, if you're looking specifically for a Demon to restore and your budget to buy the car is less than $2k there's no guarantee you'll do better. You could easily spend months looking for a cleaner car. With exception of the seats all the stuff that's missing is what most people pull and throw away anyhow (I had a hard time giving away the last /6 I had).

It looks like there's a couple small rust spots on the exterior, which is pretty common. If the frame and floors are solid spending a few hundred bucks extra now will save you a ton of time and money down the road. I've seen cars that looked a lot better from the outside need floors and frame rails. The price isn't horrible either. Sounds like most people would buy it without hesitation at $1,500. You could easily spend $300 in time and travel looking for a better one. $1k would be a steal.

I'm not saying you can't do better, people have definitely gotten better deals. But you could easily do a lot worse, saving a couple hundred bucks on the purchase to end up spending a thousand more in metal happens all the time too. I'd go over it with a fine tooth comb, if the rust damage is limited it's not a bad buy. If it needs floors and a trunk or more I'd probably pass at that price. But '71 Demons aren't the easiest to find, so if your heart is set on a demon you may have to take on some extra costs/work unless you don't mine spending some time on the search. They only made 79,959 Demons in '71, they built more than twice as many dusters (186,478!). And in '72 they only made 48,580. That's not even 1/4 the number of dusters made in '72 (228,002).

They only made 79,959 Demons in '71, they built more than twice as many dusters (186,478!). And in '72 they only made 48,580. That's not even 1/4 the number of dusters made in '72 (228,002).
I've spent my life in NY, NJ, and PA. I have seen 2 Demons in my life. A friend of mine spent years looking for one and then bought and restored it right before he died (a 71). That was the first one I ever saw. The second one was a few months ago at our town's Halloween parade (green 72 340). I have never seen one out in the wild. A million Dusters, but zero Demons.

-
Back