Isn't 'Cuda a model, not a nickname?

-
69 440 'Cuda was not the only 'cuda that year. 69 was the first year but the 'cuda package also came with a 340 or a 383.

The 340 'cuda will have A56 on the fender tag and the 383 version will have A57. These cars are not to be confused with the formula S which was also available but had many differing options.

Yes, the above is correct. But we always called our Barracudas, 64 and 67, a "Cuda", unless you were not a car person, then is was a "Plymouth Barracuda".

This pictured car is a Duster....to say it is not means you are not a car person or a mopar snob.

It is a clearly a dodge demon for those who are blind, and it also that crazy to insist a barracuda is a 'cuda when it is not. You "anti- snobs" probably believe Bruce Jenner really is a woman too ...right...why not, everyone says that so it must be cool. LMAO

Dodge-Demon.jpg

This pictured car is a Duster....to say it is not means you are not a car person or a mopar snob.

It is a clearly a dodge demon for those who are blind, and it also that crazy to insist a barracuda is a 'cuda when it is not. You "anti- snobs" probably believe Bruce Jenner really is a woman too ...right...why not, everyone says that so it must be cool. LMAO

View attachment 1714946023
THAT....is clearly a Nova

:poke:

My cousin has a AAR it says CUDA on the tail panel & BARRACUDA on the dash pad. The same for my friends 73 CUDA. In 69 was the first year you saw the word CUDA.

As far as factory designations, all Cuda's are Barracuda's but not all Barracuda's are Cuda's.

As far as factory designations, all Cuda's are Barracuda's but not all Barracuda's are Cuda's.
Not being brand specific when I bought my 67 Barracuda I mistakenly called it a "cuda" a few times. I got *****-slapped down and corrected by the true mopar elitist crowd. Being an old man of the old school I prefer proper use of the language as well-----------

Not being brand specific when I bought my 67 Barracuda I mistakenly called it a "cuda" a few times. I got *****-slapped down and corrected by the true mopar elitist crowd. Being an old man of the old school I prefer proper use of the language as well-----------

Oh ya? Try calling a Sure-Grip a Posi!

:rofl:

OK If you've got a runny nose and need to blow it, what is it you use to do so? You better not call it a Kleenex if it's actually a Puff's tissue!!!

I have a 68 Barracuda It has all the Formula S stuff on it. So I call it an S-clone. Since it is a 4speed and has an HO engine, I would just need those MickeyMouse wiener hoodscoops and a stripe pkg, and it could almost be a "Scuda"clone,heehee

Last edited:
it also that crazy to insist a barracuda is a 'cuda when it is not. You "anti- snobs" probably believe Bruce Jenner really is a woman too ...right...why not, everyone says that so it must be cool. LMAO

Referring to an A-body Barracuda, as a 'Cuda, is 100% correct. Why? Because that is PERIOD CORRECT slang for that car.
"Oh my '65 'Cuda isn't a real 'Cuda like your '70 is? Well I'll have you know my 'Cuda was roasting tires on the street and getting it's windows fogged up every Saturday night, long before your 'Cuda was even sketched on paper!".

The A-body 'Cudas set the standard and have every right to be called a 'Cuda. MOPAR just capitalized on it, very successfully I might add.

it's all a moot point really, everyone knows they all fall short of the mighty Valiant.

they never shortened or changed the name. Why? Simple. RESPECT.

it's all a moot point really, everyone knows they all fall short of the mighty Valiant.

they never shortened or changed the name. Why? Simple. RESPECT.

First generation Barracudas were based on the Valiant....but not second and third generations...

Jeff

you mean Bruce Jennifer is not a real woman !!!

Like the model of 1917 rifle is not a P-17! It is a conversion of the contracted Pattern 14 rifle converted to American use from caliber .303 to 30-06. Pattern or P-14 is a British designation. I also have a 73 E body badged inside and out "Cuda" but there are also base model Barracudas and Barracuda Gran Coupes etc.... Not to say we don't know what you mean but it does matter if you are determining a price.....

Last edited:
if you are really going to put that much weight in street slang over what the factory says then we can also correctly call the 64- 66 barracudas as Valiants. That is what they are, a few of us start using the term interchangeably and new "street slang" is born. Isn't that how it works.

You guys are cute with your valiant 'Cudas LOL

if you are really going to put that much weight in street slang over what the factory says then we can also correctly call the 64- 66 barracudas as Valiants. That is what they are, a few of us start using the term interchangeably and new "street slang" is born. Isn't that how it works.

You guys are cute with your valiant 'Cudas LOL

You just proved my point

Early Barracudas were commonly referred to as a 'Cuda. They were called 'Cudas before it was a factory designation. At that time, EVERY Barracuda was a 'Cuda. They were not called Valiant Cudas because they were Barracudas, not Cudas. Now once the Cuda name was established and standardized, calling a Barracuda of that year a Cuda is uncouth. All that said, I would call any Barracuda I own a 'Cuda if I wanted to. The only people it would offend aren't the kinda people I would probably want to BS with about cars anyway...

-
Back