Isn't 'Cuda a model, not a nickname?

-
That's it....I'm keeping my license plate!

CUDA6T8.jpg

You just proved my point

yup, proved your point, debate over, nothing to see here.

Clearly it's a Cuda.... says so right here, no way around It ...'Cuda

BTW: I am not a mopar snob, I just take pride in the fact that I can read.

$(KGrHqV,!k0FClETyYG)BQ)6(z89GQ~~60_35.jpg

Last edited:
I'll one up ya....

All hotties are girls but not all girls are hotties :D

Like being the hottest Denny's waitress...

She may be the cutest one at that Denny's, but it doesn't mean she will win any beauty contests...

If you are gonna call it a Cuda, you better have a real engine in it to back it up.... :usflag: :elmer:

Don't worry, if you have a real Cuda, people will call it a Cuda.
Also you spent enough $$$ to have the right to correct people that are too lazy to call a Barracuda a Barracuda.

Don't worry, if you have a real Cuda, people will call it a Cuda.
I hope people don't call my car a 'cuda .....it's a 1967 notchback, so it is not a 'cuda

But i am rather fond of big back window Barracudas and i hope to find a 65 Barracuda someday.

ha ha ha, don't poke the bear

Referring to an A-body Barracuda, as a 'Cuda, is 100% correct. Why? Because that is PERIOD CORRECT slang for that car.
"Oh my '65 'Cuda isn't a real 'Cuda like your '70 is? Well I'll have you know my 'Cuda was roasting tires on the street and getting it's windows fogged up every Saturday night, long before your 'Cuda was even sketched on paper!".

The A-body 'Cudas set the standard and have every right to be called a 'Cuda. MOPAR just capitalized on it, very successfully I might add.

The "Cuda" moniker came in 69 from Ma Mopar and only for the Cuda model. There are 70 Barracudas and 70 Cudas. The Cudas were Barracudas (base model)but the Barracudas were never Cudas (performance model).

"The 1969 version of the 383 engine was upgraded to increase power output to 330 bhp (250 kW), and a new trim package called 'Cuda was released. The 'Cuda, based on the Formula S option, was available with either the 340, 383 and, new for 1969, the 440 Super Commando V8."

I've noticed that most of those who take issue with the term "Cuda" being applied to cars that are not actually labeled as 'Cuda from Mopar weren't around to experience how common it was for the early cars to be referred to as 'cudas.

In the back,I got a fabric-shack. In it, among other things,is a stack of trannys, a box of dizzys, and a pair of hookers in the rafters.
And the neighborhood Cats are forever wandering through it.They spend a lot of time in there.
So;It's a Kitty-Shack of stacked trannys, boxed dizzys, and hung Hookers.
I Chally anyone to top that.Ok, that part's a little weak.
I Cuda used a different word for Kitty, or Cat

Last edited:
My '69 Fastback started life as a 383 Formula "S" car, but all the OE stuff is long gone. I have called it a 'Cuda since the first day I bought it....

-
Back