Issue with brand new truck. Advice on how to proceed?

-
So... I talked to ANOTHER (This would be the THIRD) case manager tonight after I had to call THEM, yet again.
They informed me that they were just there to act as a liaison between the dealer and myself to ensure a repair was made. If I wanted the truck replaced, then I was to call the number in the blue and white book that should have been shipped with the vehicle in the glove box together with the owners manual.
I just went and looked and the number is the SAME as the one I called originally....
I guess it's time to sit with legal and see what they can do for me.

You're not saying you want the truck replaced over a blemish in the paint ? Maybe I missed something here.

Why shouldn't I after being VERY specific that I was not interested in buying a vehicle with any repairs done to it. I paid for a NEW truck, not a truck that has been repaired already. I'll sell it to you if you're interested...

How far up in the dealership did you go? Did the GM get involved or even the owner? That would be another step to take. If nothing else, get your local media involved. Dealerships don't want bad PR on television or print. That can lead to pro bono legal help or a local politician come to bat for you. Good Luck.

Why shouldn't I after being VERY specific that I was not interested in buying a vehicle with any repairs done to it. I paid for a NEW truck, not a truck that has been repaired already. I'll sell it to you if you're interested...

I was going to tell you how I got my 01 Ram repainted that I bought new but if you want to be an *** forget it. I can tell you now you're not getting a new truck out of it.:cheers:

To be honest I think this whole deal is pretty stupid.. Fix the trunk yourself or deal with it... Sorry but it's a lot easier then dealing legally and you might not get anymore out of it JMO

Post the last 8 digits of your VIN, I'll tell you in the morning if there was a warranty claim filed.
Now, if I'm reading this right, you have two dealers saying they didn't repair the hood?
If I'm correct, you took the truck to the body shop of the dealer you bought it from to get an estimate written. Those body guys said there had been prior work done. (selling dealer techs)
The original dealership claimed no knowledge of work. (dealer that the trade came from)
these are the basic facts? This is all I want to confirm before I give you my opinion and if needed a much better telephone number in which to call.
I'm going to tell you what the very best result you can expect to happen.
Chrysler will repaint your hood.
This won't be covered under lemon law mostly because the defect was discovered and the repair was made prior to the truck being titled.
Repairs are common prior to delivery of new cars. Happens all the time, it might well be a factory repair, lets face it, it was built in Mexico.
One of my sayings about Chrysler these days is "quality added on, never built in".
May 18 1998 was a sad day for Chrysler, the day the Germans took over. Nothing has been good since.
I've been in a dealership since 1993, I've seen the good days,these aren't them.

But I'd call every # and lodge a complaint, check Facebook and Twitter and keep blowing them up until they can't ignore you anymore.

a guy in town has his Ford pickup parked facing away from the highway so everyone can see the "Buy a lemon- I did" stickers (with parentheses around the blue oval) on the tailgate.
The local Ford dealer doesn't care- they still have his money. So it gets ignored.

Clearly the quality of the Dealer is in question. The only way to get anywhere with them is filing a complaint and push it through to the head of Chrysler sales. if you like the truck, move on, and have the part painted.
Some Years ago I owned a new 98' Diesel ram, and had defective paint on the hood. I was driving to Bismark North Dakota to pick up a Harley, when the Injector pump went out on the way. After I returned to Omaha and asked the Local dealer to take care of the hood, they said the North Dakota dealer Billed Chrysler for painting the hood. I didn't ask them to do it, nor did they do it. I filed a complaint through Chrysler, and heard they came and audited the dealership for the previous three years to look for any other fraudulent claims. A year later, they were no longer a Dodge dealership. My point is, that dealership is responsible for the condition of that truck when you take possession. The squeaky wheel does get the grease.

a guy in town has his Ford pickup parked facing away from the highway so everyone can see the "Buy a lemon- I did" stickers (with parentheses around the blue oval) on the tailgate.
The local Ford dealer doesn't care- they still have his money. So it gets ignored.

I'm a Mopar guy but I work for Ford. Ford makes a fantastic truck. No way in hell would I buy a Ram. Chevy/GMC are Ok but I wouldn't buy one over a Ford. The 2015 F150 is so nice and drives so well that it's a game changer.

My neighbor's son has a Ford work truck. 4 years old, the engine blew. Ford would not warranty it.

Dumbass bought another one....

I'm a Mopar guy but I work for Ford. Ford makes a fantastic truck. No way in hell would I buy a Ram. Chevy/GMC are Ok but I wouldn't buy one over a Ford. The 2015 F150 is so nice and drives so well that it's a game changer.

I hear that there is NO other truck i'll ever own:D:D

I'm on the other end of the spectrum, I wouldn't have one of those underpowered POS's Ford sells. On the other hand, it is better than a DuraMax.
Most of the issues with Dodge Trucks are easily avoidable, yet I see them everyday beaten to within an inch of scrap metal.
Every day we tell owners that if you don't address this now, it's going to let you down later. Then when the truck back on the hook, they're all PO'ed at the "junk" truck, shouda bought a ford, crap. The Ford dealer up the street hears the same thing, just in reverse. Yeah, we talk.

I have to ask, does the hood NEED repaint, or is the deal, you see a tape line under the edge of the hood, realize it has been touched up, and d emand a New truck since that is what you paid for?? or that the hood be repinted?
the way I figure all the dealerships work, ALL of them, GM, Ford, Dodge...... as we,, the customer get screwed by one co. we jump to another, until screwed by them, and go to a different one!!!!?????
back in the 60's my dad was a GM guy and had been for decades. he got pissed at the local chevy dealer, jumped to Ford! he never had any use for a Mopar! especially the untized body cars... LOL if he had lived long enough, maybe he could have become a dodge guy!??? so this has been going on since the flintstones!!??

I'm on the other end of the spectrum, I wouldn't have one of those underpowered POS's Ford sells. On the other hand, it is better than a DuraMax.
Most of the issues with Dodge Trucks are easily avoidable, yet I see them everyday beaten to within an inch of scrap metal.
Every day we tell owners that if you don't address this now, it's going to let you down later. Then when the truck back on the hook, they're all PO'ed at the "junk" truck, shouda bought a ford, crap. The Ford dealer up the street hears the same thing, just in reverse. Yeah, we talk.

I've got 350,000 miles on my "underpowered, POS ford" and she's damn sure not a trailer-queen! She gets rode uber hard and put away wet!
And it STILL runs rings around my old man's cummins!
But to be fair my dad's cummins is the biggest lemon I've ever seen, no joke, nothing but problems with his truck.
None of them, regardless of brand, are problem exempt, I don't care if its GM, ford or dodge they all have problems, it's a matter of "picking your poison".

I wouldn't mind having a newer 2010 and up Hemi Reg cab short bed pickup with almost 400 HP but by POS 97 F150 just runs to good to give it up. For a 4.6 it does pretty darn good.

I don't think he is lying about it......Just understandably upset..... but asking for a new truck when a professional repaint of the hood would fix it is not going to happen.I went through it with my 01 and we came to a reasonable solution for the whole thing.

Well speakin of POS Fords, I have a 75 F250 Camper Special and I would stack it against any stock D200.

I understand his anger/frustration and I think its totally justified,
I once bought a brand new YZ250 Yamaha from a dealer and they didn't have one, so they had to get one from another dealer, it was the late the next day and snowing when I picked it up, and the dealer loaded it for me.
I got it home unloaded it in my garage and it stsyed there 2-3 days due to the weather.
I got it out and noticed it had been dropped on the left side, expansion pipe dinged, fenders/number plates scratched, stress marks on the rad cover, ètc etc and I hadn't even had ONE ride yet!
I called the dealer and of course, they knew nothing about it and refused to do anything about it, moral of the story, I learned the hard way to go over everything I buy with a fine tooth comb before taking delivery.
You hope a dealer is stand-up but they only want their paperwork signed and your money, but if you find issues before that, they'll bend over backwards to fix it!

-
Back