James Garner of 'The Rockford Files' dies RIP

-

Oklacarcollecto

Life is an experiment
Reaction score
I always liked James Garner in 'The Rockford Files'. He was 82. The show has been recently added to the METV line up and I have enjoyed watching it and seeing all the vintage cars that are in the background shots.

He played in quite a few other shows too. RIP James....

Attachments

• James-Garner-obit-jpg.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 417
R.I.P.
He was a car guy too.
Always went to the Indy 500.
Might have to watch Grand Prix today if I can find the DVD.

R I P James Garner, thank you for some great times.

Wow, I wounder how many Fire Birds his show went threw.

A true Gear head threw out his life

Attachments

• 10414508_10152302809923160_7652192667223694470_n.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 381
He was actually 86. Did you know that he invented the famous Rockford Turnaround himself and did his own stunt driving and his own stunts? Look it up. It's true. That's why his knees started giving him problems at a pretty young age. He will be missed for sure. One of the greats no doubt.

Fine actor, enjoyed his movies and all three of his TV shows.

The Movie Gran Prix was the "vehicle" that made him a real gear head. Passing interest before that. He was a natural driver.

He was actually 86. Did you know that he invented the famous Rockford Turnaround himself and did his own stunt driving and his own stunts? Look it up. It's true. That's why his knees started giving him problems at a pretty young age. He will be missed for sure. One of the greats no doubt.

I did not know that. You know you are cool when a drink or a driving maneuver is named after you.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pruex3pgX1g"]Rockford Car Chase: Compilation - YouTube[/ame]

I'm very sad. By far my most favorite actor. Yes I am very happy they added the Rockford Files on to the ME line up. RIP James.

Wow, sad news. I sure did like the Rockford Files, so much so in fact, I worked very hard as a young fella to copy the "Rockford". I got quite good at it too.

Just woke up to this this morning. On the good end, he led a pretty good clean life. You never heard a bunch of "Orange Kounty Kardashions" stuff about him.

I remember him more for his movies than for Rockford. "Support your local Gunfighter" and a serious role "Hour of the Gun"

So sad to loose him....

Favorite movie with him...The Great Escape with Steve McQueen, Charles Bronson and host of others. If you have never seen it, it's about time to do so.

Got to love the news channels that have to be first with the story, 86 is correct instead of 82 as they first reported.

-
Back