James Garner of 'The Rockford Files' dies RIP

-
R.I.P. Jim... I always loved the Rockford files. He was always getting into trouble and it wasn't his fault. I think if it were me and I had a friend like Angel I'd have told him to take a permanent hike, LOL... I watched them when I was a kid when they were first on and just started watching them again about a month ago. They aren't playing on any station I get now but I found quite a few of them on YouTube and my Direct-tv links to my router so I can watch them from there.

What you may not have heard is that he was a combat veteran who was twice awarded the Purple Heart in the Korean War.

A favorite story I read was how he saved his unit from an attack. He was on sentry duty one night when he detected the odor of garlic. Because his unit hadn’t eaten anything with garlic that evening he knew the smell wasn’t from one of his guys, so he suspected the enemy was sneaking up the ravine in front of him. He called in a mortar strike on the ravine. His hunch was correct, and because of a good sense of smell the surprise attack was prevented.

Ditto on Murphy's Romance...it was his best.

What you may not have heard is that he was a combat veteran who was twice awarded the Purple Heart in the Korean War.

A favorite story I read was how he saved his unit from an attack. He was on sentry duty one night when he detected the odor of garlic. Because his unit hadn’t eaten anything with garlic that evening he knew the smell wasn’t from one of his guys, so he suspected the enemy was sneaking up the ravine in front of him. He called in a mortar strike on the ravine. His hunch was correct, and because of a good sense of smell the surprise attack was prevented.

Ditto on Murphy's Romance...it was his best.

No, I hadn't heard that story. I knew he served, just hadnt heard that/

-
Back